Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What Ever Happened To Erlang Shen?

Member Follower CorruptSovereign's Avatar
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered Tagger Third Class 500 Experience Points

What Ever Happened To Erlang Shen?

Recently I've been looking for a warrior that I enjoy playing and I found much enjoyment in Erlang Shen. While looking for a buld for him I noticed not many build were available, good, or even relevant to this season.

When a question popped into my head: What Ever Happened To Erlang Shen?

Were his nerfs so bad people just stopped playing him all together? Did other Warriors just outshine and out perform him?

Erlang Shen has all but been ignored since Odyssey 2017 after his piss poor Monster Trainer skin and lack luster design overall so my question is what do you think happened to Erlang Shen?

Does anyone have a Season 4 Erlang Shen build?

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 207
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 3 months registered Full Profile!
    Erlang was very dominant.

Then he lost the cripple on his root (Also, I believe it had its radius reduced too? Not certain on that)

Then he stopped having so much impact, because he couldn't secure kills by shutting down peoples escapes and it turns out, that's all he really had going for him.
    Preferred Gods:
    Amaterasu, Aphrodite, Ares, Awilix, BAEllona, Hel, Jing Wei, Nemesis, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 585
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Well...
    he started off bad by looking stupid and then they nerfed his stupid face into the ground... like repeatedly. Face-planted and smothered. He can stay there imo.

hes probably not that much worse than the other warriors, so you could probably do fine with a normal wukong build + quins or something.

Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered Tagger Third Class 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Erlang was very dominant.

Then he lost the cripple on his root (Also, I believe it had its radius reduced too? Not certain on that)

Then he stopped having so much impact, because he couldn't secure kills by shutting down peoples escapes and it turns out, that's all he really had going for him.
    That much I did notice kills almost always seem to get away with just one health whenever I play with or against him I didn't think the nerfs would hit him so hard I remember when he could destroy two people at once with little to no trouble finishing them off when they got away now he kinda has to cut his losses. I didn't think that was all he had going for him it's a shame really that that's all he was worth to the community

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizlenut View Post
    Well...
    he started off bad by looking stupid and then they nerfed his stupid face into the ground... like repeatedly. Face-planted and smothered. He can stay there imo.

hes probably not that much worse than the other warriors, so you could probably do fine with a normal wukong build + quins or something.
    I agree his design was probably the weakest and most uninspired of all the gods not to mention he doesn't look Chinese at all his overall look is just generic and bland I doubt they'll fix it though, but may I ask why he should stay there?

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 585
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    If hes faceplanted then I dont have to look at his face.

Achievements:
    poor Erlang

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 2,893
    Achievements:
    Veteran Tagger Third Class 50000 Experience Points Discussion Ender Party Person
    Erlang was a very strong and bloated warrior who practically had everything in the game aside from CC Immunity. And after many nerfs of:

• Lower Healing
    • Increased Cooldowns
    • Relocation of Fatalis making risk/reward much more impactful.
    • Removal of Cripple

He has fallen off the radar. The best way of clearing with Erlang in lane now is with the use of his Mink form and basic attacks, which can put you in a risky spot compared to other solo laners like Bellona or Osiris who can simultaneous clear the wave and harass you.
    Last edited by Goobis; 04-20-2017 at 08:18 PM.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Prestigious LuxInterior's Avatar
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 802
    Achievements:
    Party Person Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class!
    I think it has mostly to do with the end of Fatalis effect. He has to build Fatalis or Frostbound now, both better replaced by other stuff if you can. Osiris and Bellona now do a better job at being basic attacking warriors. In my opinion, actually they were always better, but, y'know, flavor of the week.
    Learn Smite with though love on my #SargeSeries
    Motörheads is recruiting! Sign up here

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 276
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Also just building anti-healing against him shuts his ult down completely as well as the above mentioned.

I occasionally see an Erlang here and there but never usually in Conquest.