Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What Ever Happened To Erlang Shen?

Senior Member Honoured RandomToon's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 693
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    He got a lot of nerfs as mentioned so I won't rehash. Other things:

His heal takes too long, you should be able to cancel it to pop it early (perhaps for lower effect, like an Isis or Susano ult you should be able to trigger it before it is fully charged). As it is, he either uses it to initiate and people just leave since he has no lockdown now, or you use it mid fight and die before it triggers.

With the buffs to Osiris and him becoming popular, Erlang is being hard countered; Osiris ultimate is a direct counter to Erlang Shen ultimate. ES has to close in to deal meaningful damage, Osiris just pops tethers. ES tries to run, Osiris slows him into the ground. ES tries to poke, Osiris pokes back but with half the cooldown. It is a really bad place for Erlang Shen. Erlang does have some good matchups still, but holy crap is this one bad...
    Remember The Manticore

Junior Member Senior Minion CorruptSovereign's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 250 Experience Points 3 months registered Tagger Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomToon View Post
    He got a lot of nerfs as mentioned so I won't rehash. Other things:

His heal takes too long, you should be able to cancel it to pop it early (perhaps for lower effect, like an Isis or Susano ult you should be able to trigger it before it is fully charged). As it is, he either uses it to initiate and people just leave since he has no lockdown now, or you use it mid fight and die before it triggers.

With the buffs to Osiris and him becoming popular, Erlang is being hard countered; Osiris ultimate is a direct counter to Erlang Shen ultimate. ES has to close in to deal meaningful damage, Osiris just pops tethers. ES tries to run, Osiris slows him into the ground. ES tries to poke, Osiris pokes back but with half the cooldown. It is a really bad place for Erlang Shen. Erlang does have some good match-ups still, but holy crap is this one bad...
    Yeah I like that idea because as someone said previously ES's ult is basically Hercules 3 It'd be nice if you could detonate it whenever you want with lower healing so that way you dont die waiting for it to go off not to mention since he no longer has lock down your ult could really save you while finishing a kill rather than dying a second before the heal goes off.

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 211
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    I've started using him in casual conquest. I've bullied really well early game. The double proc on death tolls is really nice. Using his pin on the wave then clear with AAs followed by his cleaves is nice. I just build him with qin sais and devour's gauntlet then tank items. I actually end up getting a lot of assists with him.

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 611
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Party Person Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Reputation Distributor
    So, in sum, he's ugly, his VP is boring and his kit is derivative. The only reason people played him was because he was OP. Now that he's balanced - and I think he's still a pretty competent killer, if not much of a tank - you're left with a balanced, ugly, boring, derivative god.
    Learn Smite with though love on my #SargeSeries
    Motörheads is recruiting! Sign up here
    Disclaimer:
    like any other guide, I am not a Hi-Rez employee and do not speak in name of the company

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 694
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxInterior View Post
    So, in sum, he's ugly, his VP is boring and his kit is derivative. The only reason people played him was because he was OP. Now that he's balanced - and I think he's still a pretty competent killer, if not much of a tank - you're left with a balanced, ugly, boring, derivative god.
    I play him because i like his playstyle. Basic attacking warrior with some thought needed to engage :P
    When life gives you lemons......complain about the lemons!
    Your Daily Kappacino, Trollbuilder for fun, furry (literally too) and Salt-Injecter
    Greetings, at your service~

i apologize, have some funny stuff instead
    why u heff to be mad?

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 211
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaycrol View Post
    I play him because i like his playstyle. Basic attacking warrior with some thought needed to engage :P
    I enjoy AA based warriors. I usually build bellona more AA based.

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 611
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Party Person Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by CnJerk View Post
    I enjoy AA based warriors. I usually build bellona more AA based.
    Hunter killer Erlang/Bellona/Ravana:
    Urchin / Fatalis / Stone Cutting Sword / Qin's Sais / Executioner / Soul Eater

Works best for Bellona because of her free defenses from basic attacking. When you want to kill a hunter with her, go 1, not 3 - no matter Crits or Qin's, they can't hurt you fast enough and Soul Eater recovers everything with that much attack speed.

Substitute Boots for Fatalis on Osiris, or go Boots/Frostbound if you don't feel confident in going somewhat squishy.

Bellona is not squishy at all with that build, as long as she's basic attacking. That's why you want the most attack speed possible.
    Last edited by LuxInterior; 04-21-2017 at 09:31 AM.
    Learn Smite with though love on my #SargeSeries
    Motörheads is recruiting! Sign up here
    Disclaimer:
    like any other guide, I am not a Hi-Rez employee and do not speak in name of the company