Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What Ever Happened To Erlang Shen?

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 882
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    I find him pretty good in the solo lane and he can be pretty aggressive. Honestly, he's pretty solid atm. (Though I only started to play him after he was hit by multiple nerfs so... I have a different viewpoint)

In fact, I don't think I ever lost lane with him.
    Join the cult of Khepri for he is Love and Life.

God Concepts:

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 3 months registered
    I dont know what you're talking about. Sure you dont see him much but he's still a beast if you know how to play him right.

His early game is meh but late game Erlang rocks.

My usual build is Warrior Tabi > Devourer's Gauntlet > BoV/Bulwark oH > Qin's Sais > BoH/BoV > Mantle of Discord.

Switch Warrior to Ninja late game.
    Bulwark & Discord to keep you alive when you ultimate.
    Qin & Devourer to double proc with doggy.
    Transform and cancel to turtle if you need extra shield then keep attacking/ulti.

Late game, Mint > Spot Weakness will shred squishy tragets in seconds. If they try to escape use Pin or Ultimate if you're low on HP.

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    He is boring and ppl played him only because he was OP, now when he is balanced ppl play more interesting gods than AA-bot.

Google Bellona or Osiris build and its basically this same.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 188
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Reputation Distributor 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    Erlang is still good, just not as broken piece of shit like he was

Junior Member Senior Minion Groumpff's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 404
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    If he's not played that much in S4, it more relies on players than his kit imo. Let me explain:

we can separate the Erlang players in 2 different cases :
    - the ones that played him because he was broken, so u can bully your lane and then rejt everyone (mid,adc or even tanks).
    - the ones that like his kit.

So, truth is, he was a bit too strong, even after several nerves. So in S4, Hirez did at last a smart thing that would have been done since the beginning : remove the cripple.

No look at the first case of players up there.
    You can see 2 sub-categories from it :
    - the ones that was bored to see him every game and then we're happy to play someone else or against someone else
    - the typical type of guys that think : "I can't any more roll my face on the keyboard and take kills why taking 0 damages this god is trash !"

so that's why he's less played.

Now is he bad ? Absolutely not, he is FINE.
    Problem is, people trend to compare Gods that now have an ok kit to the most OP at the moment. So of curse they look bad, while they're not.

To conclude, here are my thoughts, that I'm repeating for like a thousand time :
    Stop playing a god because he is OP or not. We're not pro. You can always rekt someone and win a game with every god you want since you know how to play correctly your god, against every gods, and with good mechanics.

Stop thinking about if it's worth or not to play a god. Play it if u want to play it.
    And focus more on mechanics and game vision, that is way more important

Junior Member Senior Minion CorruptSovereign's Avatar
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 332
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered Tagger Third Class 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Groumpff View Post
    If he's not played that much in S4, it more relies on players than his kit imo. Let me explain:

we can separate the Erlang players in 2 different cases :
    - the ones that played him because he was broken, so u can bully your lane and then rejt everyone (mid,adc or even tanks).
    - the ones that like his kit.

So, truth is, he was a bit too strong, even after several nerves. So in S4, Hirez did at last a smart thing that would have been done since the beginning : remove the cripple.

No look at the first case of players up there.
    You can see 2 sub-categories from it :
    - the ones that was bored to see him every game and then we're happy to play someone else or against someone else
    - the typical type of guys that think : "I can't any more roll my face on the keyboard and take kills why taking 0 damages this god is trash !"

so that's why he's less played.

Now is he bad ? Absolutely not, he is FINE.
    Problem is, people trend to compare Gods that now have an ok kit to the most OP at the moment. So of curse they look bad, while they're not.

To conclude, here are my thoughts, that I'm repeating for like a thousand time :
    Stop playing a god because he is OP or not. We're not pro. You can always rekt someone and win a game with every god you want since you know how to play correctly your god, against every gods, and with good mechanics.

Stop thinking about if it's worth or not to play a god. Play it if u want to play it.
    And focus more on mechanics and game vision, that is way more important
    Everyone has made very good points I enjoy Erlang very much and have had nothing but good experiences with him both before and after the nerfs the only difference I had really noticed was that I couldn't 1v3 anymore ( which was fair .) all the nerfs from what I've been told and looking at my for myself seem justified I guess the only audience Erlang had attracted were people who wanted to go 20-0 with minimal effort now that he's balanced no one seems to care

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 460
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Party Person Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    The one thing that really killed him was moving the free fatalis effect to one transformation of his 3.

IGN in Smite is SamurottsFury. Friend me if you want cancer.

Link to the Concept Creator Discord

My Concepts

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 3 months registered
    What I really dont understand about Erlang Shen is his ultimate.

It's very similar to Herc 3, only with much longer CD and less healing potential.

Junior Member Senior Minion Groumpff's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 404
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by inferno18 View Post
    The one thing that really killed him was moving the free fatalis effect to one transformation of his 3.
    True. In fact this isn't bad for his 3. But his 1 is just meaningless now, it would be reworked in something more "warrior style". or a buff to the dog, that could have more than "hey he has a dog... ok put him in a passive without any inspiration! "

Forum Moderator Chosen Slaycrol's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 353
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Erlangs biggest weakness is his no immunity thing which requires him knowledge on what the fuck is going on in the fight, which is ofc a tad hard to keep track of at times. Knowing when and when not to fight is the way to play him atm, since he got the kit to shutdown a target as fast as Kali.....just for a few seconds only and he has to do it as fast as possible.
    Erlangs ult and when to use is probably something fail the most. Its an Ult that is best used when incoming dmg is high, and yet i see peeps NEVER use it for a fight against someone like Kali or Susano or any other frickin assassin
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

When life gives you lemons......complain about the lemons!
    Your Daily Kappacino, Trollbuilder for fun, furry (literally too) and Salt-Injecter
    Greetings, at your service~