Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Ganesha: Unplayed upon release?

Senior Member Chosen NefariousFusion's Avatar
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 423
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    His 3-1 combo does 570 +100% damage, and Remove Obstacles sets him up for a Poly proc rather nicely. The phrase "fat Loki" just took on a whole new meaning.
    Indeed Ganesha may be quite versatile about itemization.
    I can be a guardian angel

or a rampaging demon

Senior Member Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 339
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Quote Originally Posted by NefariousFusion View Post
    Indeed Ganesha may be quite versatile about itemization.
    One could say there are no obstacles to his builds, AHUHUHUHUHUHU~

Senior Member Chosen NefariousFusion's Avatar
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 423
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    One could say there are no obstacles to his builds, AHUHUHUHUHUHU~
    Pun aside, depends more about the player playstyle.
    Speaking about myself: would build him full support and no power, because I favor a more support like playstile.
    I can be a guardian angel

or a rampaging demon

Senior Member Prestigious LuxInterior's Avatar
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 255
    Achievements:
    Party Person Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    How about this: Ganesha still keeps the kill, but gives the exp and gold to the nearby ally. Or even both get full exp, if that's not too much.

The passive as is is way too much Conquest-support-meta-focused. How about having freedom of choice? How about having fun with guardians? Besides, a good and necessary finish sometimes is what a support needs to get levels and items he needs, even if full tank.

Another one: is it me or the ultimate is beyond useless?

EDIT:
    Another one yet. His passive works on minions, pretty much guaranteeing that he'll always be two levels bellow the enemy support. They're pretty much forcing him to be exactly what people hate the most about being a support, without any choice on the player on that subject. Shame.
    Last edited by LuxInterior; 04-20-2017 at 05:23 PM.
    Learn Smite with though love on my #SargeSeries
    Motörheads is recruiting! Sign up here

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxInterior View Post
    How about this: Ganesha still keeps the kill, but gives the exp and gold to the nearby ally. Or even both get full exp, if that's not too much.
    'Ass whuddahm sayen, dawg!

Another one: is it me or the ultimate is beyond useless?
    Considering how much damage it can do coupled with the bigass slow and 55 protection shred, not really.

EDIT:
    Another one yet. His passive works on minions, pretty much guaranteeing that he's always be two levels bellow the enemy support. They're pretty much forcing him to be exactly what people hate the most about being a support, without any choice on the player on that subject. Shame.
    Shit like this is why I keep saying that HR doesn't know their own guardians.

Senior Member Prestigious LuxInterior's Avatar
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 255
    Achievements:
    Party Person Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    'Considering how much damage it can do coupled with the bigass slow and 55 protection shred, not really.
    The damage only works if someone is standing at the corners. More likely it'll proc only once and be ignored.

Everybody waited so long for Ganesha. We expected to have fun with the jolly elephant dude.

Instead we got the meta-whoringest thing ever made. A god that'll only be played by pros and the tryhardest pre-mades. Even worse, there will be pressure from the ones who never play support but still talk as if they know shit about tanking to force people to pick the new perfect doormat. Stats will also be messed up with free pentas.
    Learn Smite with though love on my #SargeSeries
    Motörheads is recruiting! Sign up here

Senior Member Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 707
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    'Ass whuddahm sayen, dawg!

Considering how much damage it can do coupled with the bigass slow and 55 protection shred, not really.
    The hell you mean by bigass? Though from what it looks like you're unlikely to level up the 2 before the ult because it offers nothing more upgradable than physical protections.
    I'm pretty much playing whoever I feel confident in these days.

If you ask for balance changes on a god without a reason that can be properly justified, then this is the place to train for persuasion.

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 562
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 3 months registered Full Profile!
    They're pretty much forcing him to be exactly what people hate the most about being a support, without any choice on the player on that subject. Shame.
    Uhh... I actually see it as the opposite.

The way his passive works means he's given free reign to be as aggressive as he wants. He can go balls to the wall for kills, and landing KS. Without fucking his team over by getting the support to be 5-0-9 and putting a ton of gold into the god that's going to... Buy some more defence items?

Instead, he can get kills and feed the gold into his team, so they can get the carry items they need (Though, it going to the closest god means it's probably going to feed the solo laners in teamfights...)

I mean, the way people are talking about him makes it sound like it's impossible for him to get gold/exp from kills at all. While in reality, he just is unable to get that bonus for a KB when he's with someone else. Which is generally what you're aiming for anyway as a non-hard carry god.

So yeah... God has the unique capabilities of being able to go as aggressive as the player wants, without putting the gold and experience on the worst god on the team (Even gods like Bacchus and Cabrakan who excel in dealing damage when they're getting farmed, still are the worst gods to give the farm to if they're in the support position. It's just acceptable because "It could be worse, it could be a Geb getting it instead!")

I know when I play Ganesha, I'll be going bruiser and trying to punch people to death. His passive really doesn't put a damper on anything other than those people who have a fetish for seeing their KDA being "Good"
    Preferred Gods:
    Amaterasu, Artio, Aphrodite, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Jing Wei, Nox, Osiris, Scylla, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Achievements:
    The damage only works if someone is standing at the corners. More likely it'll proc only once and be ignored.
    If that's true, then it's a bug because it's supposed to be where the lines are.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatisty View Post
    The hell you mean by bigass? Though from what it looks like you're unlikely to level up the 2 before the ult because it offers nothing more upgradable than physical protections.
    It goes up to 40%. That's the second highest value any slow has in the game, second only to Guan Yu's 60% slow.

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    It goes up to 40%. That's the second highest value any slow has in the game, second only to Guan Yu's 60% slow.
    Not true.

He Bo's scroll slow goes up to 50% at rank 5
    Kukulkan's zephyr is 50% at rank 5
    Nemesis's slice and dice is 50% at rank 5

Guan's warrior's will caps at 40%, not 60%

So He Bo, Kukulkan, and Nemesis have the most powerful slows in the game. Guan Yu is capped at 40%, along with tons of others.