Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mystical Mail?

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 380

Mystical Mail?

During the Gauntlet LAN from last weekend solo laners adopted MM as a Physical Defense item alongside Vanguard and Cloak-tree items. This was built instead of the typical Breastplate of Valor.

EU's team Rival did this particularly often on Bellona.

Is this going to become meta? Is it smart to only build on "all-in" style gods that will make use of the passive? Should it only be built against 3-Magical team comps, because the Physical Defense is lesser than the items in the Breastplate-tree? Is it a viable HP item to build in place of Wingblade, or does the high price deter that?

What's your opinion on MM? Will you building it in solo instead of BoV, and getting your cdr from Spirit Robe?

Senior Member Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Mystical Mail is pretty worthless especially on physicals because they can't exactly benefit off of magical penetration and the pressure it provides doesn't compare to how much more pressure CDR can give, and it's overpriced compared to the other items in its tree.
    I'm maining Hel in Conquest exclusively because I want to live a hard life.

Don't listen to me unless on days when I drink coffee. I'm a retard when my brain isn't chugging.

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 1,191
    Achievements:
    Veteran Tagger Third Class 50000 Experience Points Discussion Ender Party Person
    Team Rival's solo laner did it because he went for a very aggressive stance with Bellona and was ahead. He was constantly fighting and asserting dominance that an investment into Mystical Mail would reward him. It is a classic choice between offense and defense, he wanted to fight more, so he went Mystical and forced the other solo to build it from behind to have a chance at fighting him.

It also helps with waveclear, leaving all of his abilities open for aggression.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,057
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    If something was in SPL then its automatically on META but Mystical Mail is really weak and overpriced item. CDR gives you much more along with mana sustain. I dont know why you should pick this if on most solo-laner gods you can clear wave with 2 skills at 7 lvl.

Mystical fall off hard in late game as well. Not worth it at all imo.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 655
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 3 months registered Full Profile!
    Mystical Mail is still pretty trash.

Way to expensive, with a really weird statline for the passive.

2.7k for 40 phys prots and 300 health with an offensive passive (That deals magical damage, so GG Warriors who can't build mag pen)...

If it was cheaper, or had more aggressive stats more inline with its aggressive passive, then maybe it'd be decent.

But no, it's bad.

Rival got away with it because their enemies sacrificed the solo lane so Deeathwalker was getting left alone to get a 3-4 level lead and be able to do whatever the fuck he wanted.

As a side note: 4th/5th item Urchin is also bad. You won't have time to get the stacks up and would in most cases be better grabbing Discord (Especially since its price drop recently)

However, DW was able to do what he wanted because no pressure on him (Enemy focus was on the ADC/Mid instead of the solo lane)
    Preferred Gods:
    Amaterasu, Aphrodite, Ares, Awilix, BAEllona, Hel, Jing Wei, Nemesis, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Forum Moderator Chosen Slaycrol's Avatar
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Mystical Mail is like Osiris imo: You go in, no turning back.
    you spend alot of health, with abit protection and this passive for strong early pressure, and trade it for classic cdr and mana with more prots. Sure some would see it as trashy, but mostly the ones that can already manage their stuff good enough in solo make great use of it.
    In the end, its a thing of own strategy and preference. I for myself use it at times when i get ahead to increase the pressure potential and make it easier to get the enemy behind
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

When life gives you lemons......complain about the lemons!
    Your Daily Kappacino, Trollbuilder for fun, furry (literally too) and Salt-Injecter
    Greetings, at your service~

Junior Member Senior Minion CnJerk's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    I've built it in certain situations. If I've bullied the enemy solo laner under tower I'll buy it and just use AAs and the mystical mail to clear wave then save my mana and abilities to keep him pushed under tower or steal buffs.

It definitely isn't a main item. I've also gone heavy tank build with this item and frostbound. Jumping the backline squishes as they slowly watch their health tick away from AAs, Abilities, and mystical mail. Then the slow from frostbound keeps them their. They start to panic. Unless they have a dash or jump they aren't getting away.

it is a situational item you just have to figure out the situation when to use it.

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    just becuase 1 person does something in the spl does make it meta , when over 90% off people are doing a certain build or a certain pathing then that would be meta ,
    this guy was just playing his style and what suits that , which i think everyone should be doing , if you try it and works for you great , if it doesnt work trysomething else

Look behind you... no the other way... c'mon almost there! No, what are you doing? Gods above..
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 601
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Mystical Mail is still pretty trash.

Way to expensive, with a really weird statline for the passive.

2.7k for 40 phys prots and 300 health with an offensive passive (That deals magical damage, so GG Warriors who can't build mag pen)...

If it was cheaper, or had more aggressive stats more inline with its aggressive passive, then maybe it'd be decent.

But no, it's bad.

Rival got away with it because their enemies sacrificed the solo lane so Deeathwalker was getting left alone to get a 3-4 level lead and be able to do whatever the fuck he wanted.

As a side note: 4th/5th item Urchin is also bad. You won't have time to get the stacks up and would in most cases be better grabbing Discord (Especially since its price drop recently)

However, DW was able to do what he wanted because no pressure on him (Enemy focus was on the ADC/Mid instead of the solo lane)
    Didn't they change flat pen so that both phys and mag pen were one thing?
    I play support on ps4 mostly. UserID Chris_Robet

God Concept- Bat

God Concept- Argus

Senior Member Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    I'd be fine if Mystical Mail just got a price cut of some kind.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisRobare View Post
    Didn't they change flat pen so that both phys and mag pen were one thing?
    I don't think it works like that, unless I'm wrong.
    I'm maining Hel in Conquest exclusively because I want to live a hard life.

Don't listen to me unless on days when I drink coffee. I'm a retard when my brain isn't chugging.