Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Just rename the game to Sancutary/Aegis and be done with it

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead HighwayBlue13's Avatar
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 337
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran

Just rename the game to Sancutary/Aegis and be done with it

10% of the game is how you use your abilities, 10% is build, tactics teamwork etc. is all included there, and at least 80 percent is relics - specifically Sanctuary/Aegis.

yes, I suck at that - 95% of the time I use Sanctuary, I am still dead within the next 3 seconds.

For others, many many others - Sanctuary and they walk through 3 ultimates one after another, walk through a tower, leisurely walk home through 5 enemies undisturbed, and get to safety perfectly ok. Probably have time to stop by for tea too. And cooldowns or not, some games it seems that every other ability I use on someone and they are "immune."

I don't care how they do it - "brilliant" awareness, items that prolong relics, etc. etc. - it doesn't matter. This game shouldn't so desperately and massively revolve around who uses Sanctuary the best. You can be the best of the best in all other areas, but a master Sanctuary player is pretty much unbeatable and makes everything else pointless. Just delete it from the game entirely, or might as well rename Smite to Sanctuary, because that's the only thing that matters it seems.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 663
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Aegis is not hard to counter, and it has the drawback of a long-ass CD. This complaint has been made before, and it is still not a problem. Have you considered that the reason your targets survive is that you haven't gotten the hang of countering it or timing it right? I can't really give advice because it's not really something I can explain, just something I do.
    I like my women like Awilix likes her enemies: knocked up, and not taking my goddamn speed buff.

Please support my friend business plea and THANK

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 674
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Veteran
    Considering LoL is about who uses flash/blink best...

Honestly though the only time someone gets away from me after using Aegis is if the entire enemy team is peeling for them after it ends.

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 232
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    If Aegis/Sanctuary is the best, then why isn't Aphrodite the best God in the entire game?
    I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!

Senior Member Prestigious McKnightrider's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,368
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Counter to Aegis. Buy CDR

Counter to Beads. Buy CDR

I always start hourglass and CDR boots on Poseidon in mid. 20% CDR at level 5? You know how many krakens are up? I might miss the first one, but I'm getting 2 more before their Aegis are up. I played against a Zeus the other day, Kraken'd him 6 times in about 10 minutes. killed him 4 all because his Aegis was down and I kept track of it. It is annoying when everyone on the team has Aegis and beads, and yes I would like variety but I feel it's no longer about aegis and beads, and more about every other relic still just not being as good. I think they should buff the reversing relic that heals 50% of your HP, I've gotten that a few times...but it's still just not as good. Maybe if when updated it did 75% instead of 50% it'd be better.

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,152
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Party Person 1 year registered Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Aegis is not hard to counter,

you haven't gotten the hang of countering it
    1 problem.You can't counter Aegis.There isn't a item or relic or ability that will go through it or remove it.It is a fact of the game you have to deal with and there is not a damn thing you can do to stop it.You can kill them after Aegis wears off.But there isn't a "counter" to Aegis.
    You don't understand.Edgar is the one in the hole.

"Tell me again little Lamb.What is mine to take?"
    "All things dear Wolf.

"Never one."
    "Without the other."

Jing Wei is the best goddess in, SMITE, in everything. <3 #Notbiased

Jing Wei stats: 15 Godlikes 2 Penta's 4 Quadra's <3

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 674
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by FadeC9 View Post
    1 problem.You can't counter Aegis.There isn't a item or relic or ability that will go through it or remove it.It is a fact of the game you have to deal with and there is not a damn thing you can do to stop it.You can kill them after Aegis wears off.But there isn't a "counter" to Aegis.
    There isn't a counter to damage, there isn't a counter to cc, there isn't a counter to life.
    If you don't understand I can elaborate.

Circular logic is pointless, so why engage in it?

King of the Piplups Chosen inferno18's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,308
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Party Person Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    It is disappointing how many people rely on Sanctuary as their relic, and sometimes I wish Hi-Rez would remove it altogether to encourage players to get a different relic to help their team. Yes, I use Sanctuary occasionally, but not much at all. I normally stick with Purification as my first relic and the second one depends on the enemy team. The whole point is, there is a whole selection of relics that are available that do more things than Sanctuary.
    IGN in Smite is SamurottsFury. Friend me if you want cancer.
    I identify as Piplup's sassiness; Don't ask questions
    I is also a three time God Concept contest winner ~~
    My Concepts

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 663
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by FadeC9 View Post
    Yes there is, you just said it. Just kill them when it's done. Saying Aegis itself is counterless is like saying there's no counter to damage, CC, or defense.
    I like my women like Awilix likes her enemies: knocked up, and not taking my goddamn speed buff.

Please support my friend business plea and THANK

Muh Concepts

Forum Troll Honoured TheGodlyFist's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePoorOne View Post
    If Aegis/Sanctuary is the best, then why isn't Aphrodite the best God in the entire game?
    Because she needs to reach lategame to do anything, and every other mage excluding like Hel beats her in lane.