Thread: Adventures: Please at least make them relevant to the game.

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 798
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points Veteran

Question Adventures: Please at least make them relevant to the game.

Anyone with half an understanding of the pay model for Smite knowns what adventures are at this point; Basically a pay wall with the tacked on requirement of playing an arbitrary mode to keep people playing the game and drive up active user numbers. We all know this, enough so that it's a running joke now, it's that obvious.

That's whatever, we're used to pretty bad stuff from Hi-Rez. But....At least with the past adventures [I'm counting Xing and Faf's mountains in there too]were relevant to the game. It was still Smite; you were still playing a god, getting items, and fighting the same you do in every other mode, and it worked. I actually liked the content for the CTF mode, even if it needed serious rebalancing. But....This?...A bootleg Crash Team Racing? No, you don't get the dignity of calling this adventure a bootleg of Mariokart or Sonic Allstars. Why...What would make anyone think that players of a Moba-- A RTS variant where you control a single unit in combat-- would come to their game and expect to be racing? Please, someone walk us through this-- Who among you thought this was a good idea? Why? That's the same as going to an FPS, and finding a gamemode all about basketball or checkers; It doesn't fit.

I'm not the only one that thinks this, right?
    Remember: S3 is all about 'Adapting'

It's fun watching everyone 'Adapt' to using a small list of gods and classes now.

Senior Member Honoured LittlePebble02's Avatar
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 70
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points
    Meh i liked the rail shooter in devil may cry and the chess game in dmc3. Best part of about this go kart thing I dont have to spend a single dime.

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 884
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    agreed, it's a ftp game, with a ftp additonal game mode they added on to be fun.

yes there are things locked behind a pay wall...are you next going to complain about the season ticket when it comes out later this year, and how all these good cool skins are locked behind pay walls?

if you don't like it that is your right, but you really can't complain too much about Hi-Rez giving us free stuff.

The adventures are something different than what we currently play on Smite and I welcome it.

Or would you rather we go to a ptp system like WoW?
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GameVeteranAzure View Post
    yes there are things locked behind a pay wall...are you next going to complain about the season ticket when it comes out later this year, and how all these good cool skins are locked behind pay walls?
    Adventures= Pay to earn rewards. Something like that should not be called "Event" because events are always free for all in every single game.

Season Ticket= Pay to be faster. A normal "event" all other games out there do all over the place. You can get everything without paying a single cent. The limited skins in the passes are just a bonus for you so you actually want to pay for it.Given the fact that the Ticket once was pay to play aswell shows that Hi-Rez is slowly learning about what to call an "Event" and what not.

So i would recommend you to not compare those two factors with each other. One is a "Event" and the other one is just "Pay to play". And if youre telling me now "no you can play it without paying" i have to ask you if you really have nothing better to do with your free time then playing a bugged unoptimized game mode without getting anything from it. I am honest here when i say Nikes Valley was shit and race rumble is bull crap.
    Everything begins in darkness, and also ends.The heart is no different.
    Darkness sprouds within it- it growns, consumes it.
    Such is its nature.
    In the end, every heart returns to the darkness whence it came.

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 884
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    you don't earn the rewards right off the bat, you have to work for them.

and yes i will tell you, "You can play it without paying" simply because you already are.

Smite uses the revenue from things like the UGP, Gem packs, etc to fund the game, and give out those sweet rewards to the tournament winners'.

Adventures - Pay once and then work to unlock rewards

Season Ticket - Pay frequently to unlock skin after skin, with little assistance from quests to help aliviate some cash flwo

You think these adventures suck, that is your opinion and we welcome it, but look at it from another perspective.

some of this stuff has been player requested as a regular game mode (much like Assault or Conquest) but it was far beyond the scope of those game modes to be put in there...so they came up with Adventures to solve that problem
    Last edited by GameVeteranAzure; 04-20-2017 at 04:52 AM.
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 173
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Still I dont see any point of this thread, for me HR can create tennis, soccer or whatever other game mode, I will just not play this. I suggest you this same if you dont like it.
    It may not fit but its not main mode of the game anyway.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Member Follower xDarksacrificex's Avatar
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 418
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    I agree with ZetoPL. You are not forced to play this mode. Adventures description says that this will be expieriences never seen before in Smite and obviously there wasn't racing in Smite. I don't like this mode, but it's just my opinion. I bought bundle to unlock some stuff and played it to unlock rewards. I believe the biggest problem with them is that they don't give anything in return as u play them unless you buy the bundle, playing it is also like a torture after few games(can't say why is that to be honest).

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GameVeteranAzure View Post
    Season Ticket - Pay frequently to unlock skin after skin, with little assistance from quests to help aliviate some cash flwo
    Doesnt make any sense. You can finish the whole Ticket without paying anything at all.

Also your whole post makes no sense to me because you just talked around the corner. The whole post seems like you didnt even understand what my point was.

But to make it short and understandable for everyone:

Adventure = Not an Event.
    Ticket = Event.

Also i never said i dont like the adventures. I dont like the crap Hi-Rez is doing with it. If you want to release something you should be sure it works. Nikes Valley didnt work and Race rumble doesnt work. Hi-Rez releases adventures like gods....half finished unbalanced buggy bull crap.

Also if i pay for an Adventure 800 GEMS (-100 you get back with 10 bonus rounds) i dont want any favor in the prize pool.
    Everything begins in darkness, and also ends.The heart is no different.
    Darkness sprouds within it- it growns, consumes it.
    Such is its nature.
    In the end, every heart returns to the darkness whence it came.