Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Vote on the Top 10 Angelic Awilix Community Submissions

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 747
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Only a couple of these actually think outside the box. Going with D because it doesn't give me a hernia.
    this i really didnt liked any of these first because i dont really like angelic stuff and second is all of them looks similar to each other in one way or another well i knew this was gonna happen its angel and halo and WINGS guys WINGS BIGGER WINGS light wings transparent wings
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I really like A and J the most. I just hope that we also get one of the non-winning concepts made as well maybe in the future. I've seen so many creative designs that it's a shame if we don't get them later on.

(I hope the community could also get this creative with an Aphrodite skin in the future.)
    Aphrodite
    The standard of beauty is not definite. We define it.

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    J is my favorite except for Suku. D and C are my favorites all around. Idk which one to choose.

Senior Member Chosen NefariousFusion's Avatar
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 677
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Voted D, the only noteworthy skin in the group and the only one that doesn't show over 75% of her skin.

Thinking about that, the community constantly complain about over sexualization of female skins, but when asked to design them, they come up with exactly the same things they whine about.
    I can be a guardian angel

or a rampaging demon

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 366
    This was the first skin concept contest I've seen since I've started playing Smite. Though I don't really participate on social media or pay much attention to the adverts on the launcher or in game, basically just made a forum account to share my opinions on this topic after participating. I didn't even see the survey that lead to the requirements chosen by the community. Not what I personally would've picked either but I thought it could give rise to some interesting ideas, as it did.
    Now, I'm not the greatest artist and I was honestly stumped on how to combine Mayan and Angelic themes. My design didn't make it to the top 10, which did not surprise me. I had fun designing it and got to practice regardless so I'm okay with that. Truly it was plain due to both limited time before the deadline and my vision being somewhat similar to the Awilix we already have.
    I wanted to stay away from the white and gold palette of typical angels. I also didn't want the draped fabrics usually seen on them because despite looking quite regal, they remind me too much of Greek or Roman culture and I feel we already have enough of that with Bellona and Nike and even some Egyptians like Celestial Isis. I wanted her to be different but still recognizable and I wanted her bubbly personality to stand out so I went with a colorful palette. Not the most joyful movie out there but Apocalypto was a big inspiration.
    I knew most people would go with traditional large dove-like wings. I wanted to avoid that because not only was it expected but because I feel that with her leaps and reflexive movements, Awilix shouldn't have such bulky additions getting in her way. So I gave her small wings similar to Jing Wei's but they would only spawn from runes on her back for the duration of her ult. I also didn't think that floating halos would tie in well with her aesthetic because to me, that'd be magic that Mayans wouldn't have had. Ultimately, it's a game so what does it matter, right? Summoning a tamed jaguar at will and riding him around is certainly not realistic.
    Speaking of which, I didn't like that most people changed Suku into completely different species so that alone disqualified most of the entries from getting my vote. Which brings me to my final choice. It wasn't a tough decision but I did narrow it down first. My top 3 were B, D, and J.
    The creator of J made me glad by keeping a dark skin tone. It was one of the first designs I saw while scoping out the competition and while I was not extremely impressed, I did like the seethrough spacey idea for Suku (minus the unicorn horn) and how her body tattoos were minimal but glowy and how both matched her wings. It reminded me of Kida from Atlantis: The Lost Empire, which is good and bad, I suppose.
    D was very professionally illustrated. To me, it seemed like a Celestial Voyage skin more than anything else and the feathers kind of threw me off but I still enjoy it a lot. Seems like a lot of people favor this one as well. I wouldn't mind if it won. I just hope whichever wins isn't locked away in a chest but I digress.
    The concept for Suku is definitely different. I like his talons and markings and accessories but as I said, I'd prefer the mount to stay the way it is, for the most part. I believe Awilix should be one of the few goddesses that shows off quite a bit of their body. A traditional robe or dress just wouldn't be as attractive and would limit her mobility. That being said, sometimes I find it sexier when a woman poses almost fully covered rather than almost completely naked. I thought this outfit was unique but still showed a fair share of skin and was shaped well enough to compliment her curves, though again, it doesn't scream Mayan or Awilix or even Angelic to me.
    So then my decision became pretty clear and I voted for the Prismatic Guardian skin. Not only was it close to what I was going for with my own design but it had everything I envision in an Mayan warrior. The headdress and armor are exquisite. I like the body art, both tats and the navel piercing. I myself considered giving her crescent-shaped earrings/gages or a nose ring, as those accessories were commonly sported by warriors. The nail polish is a bit far-fetched and the parrot wings don't really say angel but Mayans didn't exactly have them in their legends. They mostly mentioned spirits and winged gods like Kukulkan.
    Either way, I thought that was a clever nod to the jungles and fauna of Central America, where they resided, and the bright primary colors reflected her bubbly personality perfectly. Some have expressed their dislike for this version of Suku but I think it's wonderfully unique. It looks like he was part of a sacred temple, before coming to life and becoming her companion. The spear seems exactly like any weapon that would've been crafted with the materials available to these people during the era and it's all those genuine details that in the end, won me over.

TLDR: I voted for B because it's the one I'd rather use in the game and you all suck for choosing anything else! <3

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    Well, it looks like F isn't wining, another contest that the skin that I like won't win.
    Favorite gods: Nemesis, Ne Zha, Janus, Apollo, Cabrakan, Freya, Chaac

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 414
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    It's funny about how people cry about awilix being a female character and these outfits being too "revealing". Literally half of these concepts aren't that revealing at all and if we're talking about revealing the goods, the half that aren't revealing merely reveal the belly and that's it. The half that are look like they were drawn in mere minutes. Like not that much thought and time was put in them. I guess D is going to win but IMO A,B and E were good contenders.