Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 58

Thread: Why SMITE players hate playing Support

  1. #41
    Senior Member Honoured LittlePebble02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    816
    5
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 791
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    5
    I want the new motto for smite supports to be. "Supports help those that help themselves."

  2. #42
    Senior Member Chosen ViralMarketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,792
    9
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 569
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkFuma View Post
    "Easiest role in the game". Are we talking about the adc role where they tape the left mouse button down?
    Still haven't figured out he game, haven't ya? It's ok, 90% of people also haven't.

  3. #43
    Member Worshipper daddysgirl69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    417
    3
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    80 protections to nearby allies entails devoting at least half your build to aura items; and even then, the most you can get without the use of abilities your chosen god may or may not have is 50 physical and 40 magical protections, which eats up half your build, leaving little room for any damage or CDR--two things you're going to need in some capacity no matter what.
    no i meant a sum of 80 because heartward alone gives 20 magical protections and 20 + 20 + 20 + 20 = 80
    and yeah basically all of your build is shoehorned into aura items when you're playin support
    sov + heartward + thebes + voidstone/jade emperor (whichever benefits your team more)
    and a lot of supports can and are forced to build this way because they are either designed specifically to build aura items like ares who gets magic power for it and khepri who can augment their free defensive stats with a 30% damage reduction or are designed to be effective regardless of their level or items like terra and ganesha

    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Every god can buy them, warriors included.
    warriors dont buy items that make them weaker duelists and would much rather buy breastplate of valor or mythical mail when they need a defensive item
    delete fat
    i need to make it clear that objectively speaking raijin is the most attractive god in this game

  4. #44
    A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Bro-Koro
    Posts
    13,644
    30
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by daddysgirl69 View Post
    no i meant a sum of 80 because heartward alone gives 20 magical protections and 20 + 20 + 20 + 20 = 80
    ...What are you talking about? There's only 3 aura items that give protections: Sov, HW, and GoT. You can't give them any more unless you're Ares or something.

    and yeah basically all of your build is shoehorned into aura items when you're playin support
    sov + heartward + thebes + voidstone/jade emperor (whichever benefits your team more)
    and a lot of supports can and are forced to build this way because they are either designed specifically to build aura items like ares who gets magic power for it and khepri who can augment their free defensive stats with a 30% damage reduction or are designed to be effective regardless of their level or items like terra and ganesha
    These items (barring VS) are absolute shit for Ares because he's more damage-reliant and the power gain from his passive is marginal, and they're shit for Khepri because he needs to focus more on his own ability to stay in the frontline. Same for every guardian.

    warriors dont buy items that make them weaker duelists and would much rather buy breastplate of valor or mythical mail when they need a defensive item
    Guardians also become weaker duelists for buying aura items, and there's little that separates warriors and guardians. There's no incentive to get team protection aura items, period. They suck.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E



    Muh Concepts


  5. #45
    Senior Member Chosen DarkFuma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Stalking are we :P
    Posts
    1,212
    7
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 788
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by ViralMarketer View Post
    Still haven't figured out he game, haven't ya? It's ok, 90% of people also haven't.
    Still haven't figured out hyperboles, haven't ya? It's ok, 10% of people also haven't.
    Last edited by DarkFuma; 04-23-2017 at 10:39 AM.
    Join the cult of Khepri for he is Love and Life.


    God Concepts:

  6. #46
    Member Worshipper daddysgirl69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    417
    3
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    ...What are you talking about? There's only 3 aura items that give protections: Sov, HW, and GoT. You can't give them any more unless you're Ares or something.
    heartward gives 20 to each ally yes?
    if you give 20 to 4 allies
    thats 80 protections
    you can do this math using your fingers i dont know how to explain it any simpler



    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    These items (barring VS) are absolute shit for Ares because he's more damage-reliant and the power gain from his passive is marginal, and they're shit for Khepri because he needs to focus more on his own ability to stay in the frontline. Same for every guardian.
    i just wish we had a public api to confirm these things



    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Guardians also become weaker duelists for buying aura items, and there's little that separates warriors and guardians. There's no incentive to get team protection aura items, period. They suck.
    guardians are already weak duelists ?
    delete fat
    i need to make it clear that objectively speaking raijin is the most attractive god in this game

  7. #47
    A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Bro-Koro
    Posts
    13,644
    30
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by daddysgirl69 View Post
    heartward gives 20 to each ally yes?
    if you give 20 to 4 allies
    thats 80 protections
    you can do this math using your fingers i dont know how to explain it any simpler
    ...Wait, why the shit does it matter what you're distributing in total? What matters is what each ally gets out of it; if you go on the sum total of any aura effect, they're all way stronger than they really are.

    i just wish we had a public api to confirm these things
    Not sure how an API does anything here.

    guardians are already weak duelists ?
    That's actually false for a majority of guardians because of how much burst most of them have. You set Cabrakan on a mage and see how long his target lasts (spoiler alert: it's like 2 seconds).
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E



    Muh Concepts


  8. #48
    Senior Member Chosen
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,673
    7
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Rep Power
    6
    It is actually 100 in a team aura if you are going to look at it like that since it applies to yourself as well, but in reality it is still only 20. Team protections total isn't increasing anyone's survivability, it is the individual's protections that help them survive. You are helping everyone survive sure, buy it is still only 20. If aoe attacks split the damage up amongst the targets when you they hit multiple people instead of doing full damage to all of them your point would be a lot more valid. Instead you can have that 20 protections on everyone, and have everyone die to the same aoe attack, or you can have it on 1 person and have that 1 survive the attack. That is only an example on why team protections aren't valid in comparison to individual protections. I'm not saying aura items are bad, you just can't look at it as 100 protections from the aura with the way the damage system works and expect it to work properly in strategy. I mean 20 penetration cancels out that entire "100" protections.

  9. #49
    Member Worshipper daddysgirl69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    417
    3
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    ...Wait, why the shit does it matter what you're distributing in total? What matters is what each ally gets out of it; if you go on the sum total of any aura effect, they're all way stronger than they really are.
    each ally gets more out of it by having nearby allies that are harder to kill

    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Not sure how an API does anything here.
    so we could talk about more than hypothetics or speculation


    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    That's actually false for a majority of guardians because of how much burst most of them have. You set Cabrakan on a mage and see how long his target lasts (spoiler alert: it's like 2 seconds).
    mages are poor duelists... you take the best duelist out of guardians and throw it at the poor dueling of mages and... what do you expect..

    but even then the best guardian duelists don't get anywhere near the level of amaterasu and hercules
    Last edited by daddysgirl69; 04-23-2017 at 11:59 AM.
    delete fat
    i need to make it clear that objectively speaking raijin is the most attractive god in this game

  10. #50
    A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Bro-Koro
    Posts
    13,644
    30
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by daddysgirl69 View Post
    each ally gets more out of it by having nearby allies that are harder to kill
    But the actual mitigation each ally gets is pathetic, so it still doesn't really do anything.

    so we could talk about more than hypothetics or speculation
    This isn't a hypothetical situation, I'm speaking as someone who's played guardians both ways and has ultimately found that independence is greater than a minor amount of support.

    mages are poor duelists
    You mean the class that can kill you with just a couple abilities at range?

    but even then the best guardian duelists don't get anywhere near the level of amaterasu and hercules
    Sustained AA damage will generally prove superior to ability burst in any duel. This does not mean burst is outright bad, especially when it comes with strong CC.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E



    Muh Concepts


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •