Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Why SMITE players hate playing Support

Junior Member Cupidhead Nekolia's Avatar
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 308
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran

Why SMITE players hate playing Support

https://youtu.be/JUZ5VdeAFRQ

So I thought about it for a while, and I wanted to share my thoughts about this specific topic in the form of a video.

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 583
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Players hate playing supp cause they doesnt get too many kills or even worse you are not supposed to get kills and building full aura.
    Even if you pick Ares or Fafnir you still will be far behind other roles even with proper farming.

I talk about Conquest of course, there is no real supp role in other modes. Some Guardians have huge damage but not as supp but as bruisers in solo lane or any other role.

Its all about builds required for specific role rather than certain class.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    I don't play guardians alot because the community is garbo fucking awful and can't play a god worth shit or even build properly.

I do like playing Bacchus and Kumbha when I don't feel like trying to make something work in some cancer comp if I didn't fill the tank role.

Junior Member Cupidhead FleaBottom's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 417
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    It's a thankless role. You can do great and nobody notices because your stats don't reflect how well you did. If somebody dies, especially your ADC, than you're getting the blame.

Playing guardian in arena is even worse because people just don't play off you and do their own thing. Nothing is more sickening than chaining 4 players as Area and 2 of your teammates decide that's a perfect time to back, another decides he's going for a buff, and the Kuku just stands there because he wants to save his ult.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    This couldn't be a more accurate video on the subject. It really is a twofold problem--the role cannot function as well without a good team compared to an ADC or jungler, and there are genuine misconceptions about what the role is actually like because even guardians who don't scale very well, like Sobek, can still carry the damn game with kills.

Another, weirder thing that I've noticed is that the effect seems to have spread to me. Tanks are my favorite class to play, but for some reason, the community's attitude regarding the support role has kinda leaked on to me, and it's my least-played role. I don't know why, but it is.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 326
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    The answer is simple:

1) As "support" (regardless of class) you dont get kills and do less dmg. People want that. They want to feel the power of inflicting alot of dmg and bath with the enemy blood and corpses. The feel of you carrying your team to victory.

2) Second hardest role (or at least the same lvl as jungler). Playing support means you need to initiate, watch over all your team, be hyper active and have high situational awareness. That's alot of work for most people who just want to play. You need to guide your team when to fall back or push.

3) As others already said; it's a thankless job. Your stats won't truely show how good (or bad) you helped your team. Even assists are not the best indicator. I main supports and sometimes other allies in my team have also high assists which makes you look less viable or like you contributed less. People will rarely notice that they won this team fight because you managed your skills good enough to allow your team to inflict max dmg. Or to save their asses.

I think supports in every game are like batman; the hero we need but dont deserve.
    Like secret agents who keep our home safe from the shadows, but will never get appreciated.
    Playing support sucks in most cases because of bad team, but once in a blue moon you get someone to appreciate your job and add you as a friend.
    Last edited by Wefal; 04-14-2017 at 03:22 PM.

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    I don't like playing support because people don't follow me and I end up having shitty matches.
    Favorite gods: Nemesis, Ne Zha, Janus, Apollo, Cabrakan, Freya, Chaac

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Anjokh's Avatar
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 3 months registered
    I like to play support cause all my favorite gods are guardians apart from ravana.
    I play Smite on the PS4. PSN is Anjokh

Senior Member Honoured LittlePebble02's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 791
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 1 year registered
    The answer is No sane person wants to babysit 4 morons in a minefield.

New Member Cupidhead Scavenger_NZ's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Quote Originally Posted by LittlePebble02 View Post
    The answer is No sane person wants to babysit 4 morons in a minefield.
    Then give them direction and help them to not be morons