Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Why SMITE players hate playing Support

Senior Member Chosen ViralMarketer's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 569
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    After 4 years people still don't wanna play the easiest role in the game?

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 788
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by ViralMarketer View Post
    After 4 years people still don't wanna play the easiest role in the game?
    "Easiest role in the game". Are we talking about the adc role where they tape the left mouse button down?
    Join the cult of Khepri for he is Love and Life.

God Concepts:

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    nerf aura items to allow for more diversity for guardians to be played in jungle and solo lanes and allow mages to support and make support more popular
    delete fat
    i need to make it clear that objectively speaking raijin is the most attractive god in this game

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkFuma View Post
    "Easiest role in the game". Are we talking about the adc role where they tape the left mouse button down?
    normally i dont like to double post but adc is made even more easier by the fact that they get half as much armor as tanks just by standing near them

edit i just did the math and a lvl 14 neith has 92 physical protections just for standing near a ymir with thebes and sovereignty and ymir has 119 physical protection

so

more than half xd
    Last edited by daddysgirl69; 04-22-2017 at 04:47 PM.
    delete fat
    i need to make it clear that objectively speaking raijin is the most attractive god in this game

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by daddysgirl69 View Post
    normally i dont like to double post
    You can choose to reply to a post with its quote, copy the quote, edit your previous post, then edit in the quote. There, no double-posting.

nerf aura items to allow for more diversity for guardians to be played in jungle and solo lanes and allow mages to support and make support more popular
    Aura items are generally pretty weak. The protections they offer are scant, and hardly suffice to keep an ally alive; especially since they have to already be near you to get that bonus. They're only useful for sustain, and really don't do a lot late.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    You can choose to reply to a post with its quote, copy the quote, edit your previous post, then edit in the quote. There, no double-posting.
    >effort

Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Aura items are generally pretty weak. The protections they offer are scant, and hardly suffice to keep an ally alive; especially since they have to already be near you to get that bonus. They're only useful for sustain, and really don't do a lot late.
    aura items are "weak" because it's pretty difficult to put value on potentially giving anywhere from 20 to one ally to a sum of 80 protections to surrounding allies

and the aura items are still strong enough to force a guardian only support meta as well
    delete fat

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    aura items are "weak" because it's pretty difficult to put value on potentially giving anywhere from 20 to one ally to a sum of 80 protections to surrounding allies
    80 protections to nearby allies entails devoting at least half your build to aura items; and even then, the most you can get without the use of abilities your chosen god may or may not have is 50 physical and 40 magical protections, which eats up half your build, leaving little room for any damage or CDR--two things you're going to need in some capacity no matter what.

and the aura items are still strong enough to force a guardian only support meta as well
    Every god can buy them, warriors included.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Prestigious LuxInterior's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,398
    Achievements:
    Party Person Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    Blame it all on Hi-Rez in making supporting less and less interesting.

Back in S1 and S2 there was only one shared defenses item, Sovereignity, that gave both magical and physical defenses. Which meant it was a good defense item by itself and attractive to buy, not a sacrifice.

In S3, shared defenses were split in two items, which were way less interesting. Sov and Heartward are among the worst defense items you can get from a tanking point of view, that is, your own survavibility. But they're good for farmvilling your way to mid game.

Now we have yet another aura item, and it's the shittiest of them all. But of course you're forced to buy it, because it exists and a support will be blamed if somebody's cat is run over during the game for not buying what other people want.

With that, half of a support build is now locked and mandatory. When you're 4 defense items in (counting boots), you have no CDR, no pen, no countering, no utility aside being an aura bot and in no way in hell enough tankiness.

Seriously, stop that aura spam or just force everyone who picked a guardian in Conquest to use auto-buy.

Also, funny thing how Hi-Rez dreaded and killed the "tank meta" but now is allowing everybody to get 40 free defenses from standing at the side of the team's submissive partner.
    Last edited by LuxInterior; 04-22-2017 at 07:20 PM.
    Learn Smite with tough love on my #SargeSeries
    Motörheads is recruiting! Sign up here

Senior Member Honoured RamenFrog's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 515
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    I'm probably one of the few who genuinely like supporting, not from an item perspective but more of just helping people out and making things as easy as possible for them.

I agree with the ridiculousness of Aura items in the sense I'm sitting here forced to spend my first 5k gold on boots and 2 relatively shitty items just so my team might escape with 30hp instead of 5. Considering how much farm supports get for the entire game it just seems stupid and I don't know why we can't have a support only branch of items, like they did with the Sword branch being melee only or whatnot. I mean we're getting another weird starter mask item on the basis that supports need more farm.

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakonasx View Post
    People rage a ton when a support doesn't save them because "he was near, but didn't help me, report!"
    lol that reminds me of when I was Sylvanus and Nox was running away from like 3 people, and I went after her to heal and body block for her, but she just stopped running when they right behind her, letting the hunter get in AA range. She turned around, got hit by AAs, and died. There was nothing I could do because my healing wasn't fast enough - I would've caught up to her if she hadn't stopped because she was about to make a turn in the jungle towards my direction, but of course she blamed me for her stupid decision. Her clan mate was the same way - started a fight he couldn't win in the jungle, refused to go back for health when he should've, and blamed me for his death. That's the type of game that I feel like surrendering before the 10 minute mark.

For all those in the back, support is not responsible for you. They help you, but they ain't your mama.