Thread: BELLONA Joust/3's Builds?

New Member Cupidhead greetingsmate's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 381

BELLONA Joust/3's Builds?

G'Afternoon all,

I'm a "fairly" new player (going on about four weeks now), as such, I'm looking to you all, my fellow peers, as to respective input on Bellona Joust builds.

After playing thus far, I realize that there is not ONE set build, as one needs to be flexible as to what team comp. they're running, as well as what team one is facing. However, as I'm not a Pro-Player LOL, I'm looking for 'about' as basic as one can get on a few cookie cutter spec's, etc.

The three things I'm looking for are:

1. An all around solid/general, "go-to" build
    2. A pure DPS spec
    3. A pure Defense build

General info., strat's, builds, spec's, relics, etc. are also much appreciated.

Thanks in advance all, much appreciated,
    -Cheers

Senior Member Chosen JustRun175's Avatar
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 154
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Well I don't believe in 'cookie cutter builds' but for a tanky dps build there are some core items.

Ninja tabi>Breastplate of Valor>Frostbound/Shoguns kusari(you can get ur magical def be4 frostbound if needed)>Shifter's shield and last a qins sais. I wouldn't get qins if I can still get melted but if they can't kill you go for it.
    http://smite.guru/stats/xb/JustRun175/summary Old xbox account with most my smite time.
    http://smite.guru/profile/pc/JustRun175 Current pc account. Now I only play on Pc. Story short: xbox ppl think smite and shooters are the same and should be thought of the same way.

Wow, fantastic.

Yes, as I mentioned "cookie-cutters" tend to be rigid & don't offer much in the way of a given teams needs, but this is at least a point of reference for me to build off of.

Overall, how does this build work with Bellona's passives, as in, does this fit well with her, etc? And how will her dps stack with defense, will she be nice and 'tanky' with reliable dps?

Much appreciated Good Sir!

Senior Member Chosen RandomToon's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    General Build - Warrior boots, Spirit Robes, Frostbound Hammer, Mantle of Discord, Situational, Situational
    Level 2 and 3, mainly using your 2 for attack. Actives can be Shell\Beads\Med\Aegis

DPS - Ninja boots, Ichival or Fatalis, Frostbound, Asi, Executioner, Qin's
    Level 3 and 1, mainly using your 3 for the faster attack progression. Actives can be Sundering Spear\Thorns\Aegis\Curse

Tank - Tank boots, Spirit Robe, Frostbound, Mantle of Discord, Situational, Situational
    Level 1 and 3, mainly using her 1 for the defense. Actives can be Med\Shell\whatever

For situational items, consider some of the following:
    Pestilence (if they have a magical healer)
    Brawlers Beatstick or Witchblade (if they are using lots of lifesteal, or have a double healer comp)
    Heartward\Sov if you playing support and want auras (this is in place of robes usually)
    BoV for cooldowns. Nimean if they run a double hunter comp.
    Soul Eater if you go pure attack speed and they have no anti heal and are not building crit. It can be used in place of Ichival or Fatalis in build 2, but I think it is sub par.

In general, Frostbound Hammer third item is fairly standard as it stacks with her 1 and is a better way to stick than Fatalis since the lane is so short.

But really, she has different flows and depends on the rest of your team. You need to coordinate with them.
    Last edited by RandomToon; 04-13-2017 at 03:22 PM.
    Remember The Manticore

Amazing input, thank you very much.

I'm going to give these a test run right away.

-Cheers mate

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 339
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    i like some ability based bellona mystical mail boots genjis jutons winged blade titans bane
    but if you start to work out if thier gods interupt your buldgeon then look at countering with an auto attack based build

King of the Piplups Chosen inferno18's Avatar
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 61
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Party Person Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Like you said, the build tends to change depending on the enemy team comp. For example, BoV might not be a very good choice against a heavily magical team, so on.

The basic build for a general team comp in Joust for me (Typically a Mage,Warrior/Assassin and Hunter) would be Warrior Tabi, Breastplate of Valor/Jotunns Wrath, Frostbound Hammer, BoV/Jotunns, Qins Sais/Heartseeker, Mantle of Discord.

Again, this depends on enemy team comp. You might need to swap a few items around to cater to them.
    IGN in Smite is SamurottsFury. Friend me if you want cancer.
    I identify as Piplup's sassiness; Don't ask questions
    I is also a three time God Concept contest winner ~~
    My Concepts