Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nox

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 888
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Party Person Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by xcase19zero View Post
    Damiemnc90- Shut up! I am not talikng to you nor have I been, and I never will. Stop trolling my post get a life. Moderators, if you are reading this help me with this loser. I told him in several threads and you can check, I am not discussing things with him. He doesn't seem that right in the head to keep trying.
    You're the one aggravating this conversation.. If anything, the mods can 'help' with you being a toxic jerk.
    The Forum's Official Nutella Warrior!

IGN in Smite is SamurottsFury. Friend me if you want cancer.

Was formerly Keks voluntary secretary, now I roam the streets with a thirst for knowledge.

Check out the Crimson Vs Azure event idea I came up with

My Concepts

Forum Moderator Demigod MagicFighter's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Tagger Third Class
    Damiemnc90- Shut up! I am not talikng to you nor have I been, and I never will. Stop trolling my post get a life. Moderators, if you are reading this help me with this loser. I told him in several threads and you can check, I am not discussing things with him. He doesn't seem that right in the head to keep trying.
    Ok first of all, don't act like an ass to people trying to teach you mechanics. Second of all, they have shown multiple times now why % and flat pen are greatly different and you refuse to accept it. Your build was working on the Ullr and Thor because they didn't have any defense outside of Heartward aura, but notice how the Fafnir only died twice and went with a positive KDA.
    Last edited by MagicFighter; 04-19-2017 at 10:48 AM.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Need to contact Hirez Support? Use this link.
    Find an annoying Bug or Glitch? Post it in here!
    Make sure to read the Forum Code of Conduct guidelines.
    (My IGN is now Goobis)

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    There is no debate.
    If anything, that screenshot makes the case for obsidian shard. Despite your team's utter dominance, Fafnir only died twice (while scoring six kills). I'd bet his mitigation numbers were solid since he had two magical defense items (plus his passive) and you had only 35 points of flat pen. Nobody who argued with you said that spear of desolation isn't viable against people who don't build any defense, only that it isn't as effective for shredding tanks and towers.
    PS4 Player
    Favorites: Chronos, Skadi, Chaac, Bastet, Chang'e, Anubis

I am not a robot. I selected ALL the images with a storefront and ONLY the images with a storefront.

Junior Member Senior Minion xcase19zero's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 494
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 7 days registered
    User inferno, in the words of these shard worshippers. "It's not up for debate."

User magicfighter, I don't understand what my tone of words have to do with anything. If you are refering to that user. The reasoning is in the other post. A sane thinking human being doesn't strike up a conversation with a stranger after being told to buzz off. Someone's tone can be as sweet as sugar and still have violent intent. I'm just not fake. Also, he isn't teaching me anything. He knows nothing. I do not reply to him because I do not have a rebuttal, but because I have nothing to say to a troll.

Fafnir was nothing. He didn't die a lot because my team was full of random players and he was too fast at getting away. My build and damage was perfect even against him.
    Last edited by xcase19zero; 04-19-2017 at 02:54 PM.

Achievements:
    User Quelthos01, lol That is so sad. It is a hilarious last ditch effort to turn it around, but the proof is out there for other users to make up there own minds. The truth is that there is no one perfect build except for Izunami, but that is another story.

The match was so easy with my build. I died the least on my team and had 15 asisst. A more skilled player may have done that match and perhaps dubbled their kill count. I also had the HIGHEST score accross the board.

If you want a winners build with experince. You can take my advice. If you want raw power alone with just theory to go on. You can listen to the other users. There is no doubt the other pen items have a lot of power.
    Last edited by xcase19zero; 04-19-2017 at 03:15 PM.

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    I can throw together a build and do well. That doesn't make it a better or even a good build. That just means I was better than my opponents that game. One match does not all of a sudden mean that that build is superior. In order to prove that something is better, you have to do multiple matches with BOTH builds. Just showing us one match where you did good with one build literally means nothing.

Especially when it doesn't even address the problem people had pointed out.

Also, this is the forum. When you post something on here, anyone is allowed to respond to you. Regardless of whether or not you think they have the right to.
    Last edited by DarkFuma; 04-19-2017 at 03:36 PM.
    Join the cult of Khepri for he is Love and Life.

God Concepts:

Achievements:
    User Darkfuma, if you think you can throw a build together without listening or taking the advice of other users. You shouldn't be on the forums and especially on a build suggestion forum.

The fact I had the highest score in the game on a fare leveled match shows it is at least an above average build.

This is something that every user must know with build suggestions and especially those who act like they know everything. The creators of Smite say that there is no one perfect build for a god. If you think you know more than them. You will never make it above mediocre builds.

Everyone has the right to voice their opinion in forums. They do not have the right to harrass and stalk other users with harrassment. Any other half decent site would have stepped in. They definitely wouldn't be giving him a pat on the back for trolling.

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    The difference pen wise is HUGE, especially against structures. I had literally just given the scenarios in which obsidian beats desolation in the post before yours. As for cooldowns, as already stated the build had chronos pendant which makes max cooldowns with blue buff and power pot. That leaves no reason to make sacrifices for it. Besides, he was asking why not obsidian shard instead of spear of the magus. Within that build getting spear of desolation instead of spear of the magus would be a mistake, costs more gold for a lot less pen. You'd have to tweak it to fit desolation instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    Also, flat stacks with % pen and armor shred debuffs. Flat pen caps at 50, but in terms of practical use you can go pretty far beyond that. Spear of the magus gives a total of 65 pen at max stacks of its debuff, with only 15 going towards that cap. Add in the pen boots in the build and they've got 25 out of 50 flat pen. If they get that dynasty plate helm they mentioned as optionable they have 40 out of 50 flat. All things considered if they were to add any more pen after that it would be obsidian shard for towers and the heavy tank builds, there is no longer any reason to go for a flat pen item when % pen triggers before flat pen. A third of 40 is about 13, a third of 53(the next amount that would need that 13 after 40flat pen is acquired) is around 17, add another 4 to 53 for 57 and it is around 18 which still fully negates the 57 protections. Shoot a third of 60 is 20(same as spear of desolation) still negating all protections. Go over that many protections and it starts having a little survive on the initial hit, but spear has become entirely useless compared to shard in terms of pen at that point as shard is giving over 20 pen. Although spear of the magus debuff does reduce how much pen you get from shard, as long as flat pen is already at 40 it is irrelevant.

Saying generally that they should get cdr is another matter, but as a comparison of pen items you need to take the pen as the primary factor as that is the specific stat that they are looking for. Besides the build had chronos pendant in it, so with a magic power pot and blue buff they are already at max cdr.
    Where is he being a troll? He was just explaining how pen worked.
    User Darkfuma, if you think you can throw a build together without listening or taking the advice of other users. You shouldn't be on the forums and especially on a build suggestion forum.

The fact I had the highest score in the game on a fare leveled match shows it is at least an above average build.

This is something that every user must know with build suggestions and especially those who act like they know everything. The creators of Smite say that there is no one perfect build for a god. If you think you know more than them. You will never make it above mediocre builds.

Everyone has the right to voice their opinion in forums. They do not have the right to harrass and stalk other users with harrassment. Any other half decent site would have stepped in. They definitely wouldn't be giving him a pat on the back for trolling.
    That's hardly the point I was trying to make. I said I could still do well and, if you play this game enough, you should have a good idea on how to build a God. Like, at least enough to know what you should be focusing on your build. Obviously it can be made better by asking for advice, but you should be somewhat capable of making a build yourself.

It was ONE game. In joust. I never said it was a bad build. It's an alright build, but the problem is that you didn't have a lot of pen to really hurt the tank as much as you could have. Which is why he was doing far better. Of course this game was fine, but that was this game.

Only a idiot agrees there's one perfect build. I never said there was one perfect build. There is no such thing as a perfect build because you have to build for the match. The only thing I pretty much said was that the build would probably be better and that's because you have more pen in the other build to take out the tanks.

Not that that can be a problem IF you have someone else who built to take out tanks, but it's generally better to make sure that you can at least deal with the support if they get in your face.

Also, your claim he's trolling, but you're the one who's been hostile to anyone that disagrees with you.

Like, you don't think I'm right, fine. I might be wrong. Fine, but there's no reason you have to respond like that. I'm just expressing my thoughts on the topic and I don't think I've said anything that would've caused you offense. If I did, I apologize.
    Last edited by DarkFuma; 04-20-2017 at 08:55 AM.
    Join the cult of Khepri for he is Love and Life.

God Concepts:

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 211
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    This isn't theory crafting. Obsidian shard will provide more damage to towers and structures and tanky targets with lots of protections. If the enemy has not built for any defense then flat pen will have a greater affect.

No one is arguing that Desolation isn't a good item. I think it is a great item I use it in my build a lot.

If the only source of pen you have is magi shoes and flat pen from desolation then yeah, squishy targets are going to be hurt with your 30 flat pen. However, you are not going to do as much damage to tanky targets, towers, phoenixes, titan's or fire giants.

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Fafnir was nothing. He didn't die a lot because my team was full of random players and he was too fast at getting away. My build and damage was perfect even against him.
    Since you posted the match ID, I looked it up on tiermonster, and Fafnir had 39k damage mitigated (by comparison, your team's total mitigated damage was 22k). With his items, base stats, and passive, Fafnir had 211 magical protections at max boot stacks. Obsidian Shard would have been giving you the equivalent of 70 flat penetration if you'd bought it.

If you want a winners build with experince. You can take my advice. If you want raw power alone with just theory to go on. You can listen to the other users.
    Just FYI, I have a lot more experience on Nox, with a higher win rate and better stats across the board. You've played 25 games on her? You know nothing. So don't call me out on experience.
    PS4 Player
    Favorites: Chronos, Skadi, Chaac, Bastet, Chang'e, Anubis

I am not a robot. I selected ALL the images with a storefront and ONLY the images with a storefront.