Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Diversity

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Achievements:
    Veteran 5000 Experience Points

Diversity

its been 5 years of smite. Yet, there are zero black/african american gods/skins in the game. I see a whole bunch of Space Egyptians and cool exotic jungle brown/south american gods or skins. why the lack of black people skins or gods in general? Is Hi-Rez avoiding those types to keep the troll community in smite from spewing black racial slurs in comms or to keep the discussion of race out of smite? if so why not be upfront about it. To be diverse is to include all, but for some reason or another black/african american people are left out and that's a true shame
    d6hdmgy.jpg"]http://orig14.deviantart.net/5657/f/2013/221/5/d/dbz_battle_of_gods_meme_by_thelastmanonearthart-d6hdmgy.jpg[/URL]

Junior Member Cupidhead
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 319
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Actually Nox has a skin that is clearly a black Voodoo Queen from New Orleans, but I would love to see an African Diety other than Egypt.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 580
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I was gonna say something about Raijin to be funny but it would be really racist.

Anyway I would love a few rasta skins and also some big fat black man skin on something.
    Rocking the boat

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Well the god design is based of how the mythology tells us they look like. So thats not in Hi-Rez hands because they want it to be accurate with the actual lore.

As for skins.....well would it suit any other gods then the mayans anyway ?
    Everything begins in darkness, and also ends.The heart is no different.
    Darkness sprouds within it- it growns, consumes it.
    Such is its nature.
    In the end, every heart returns to the darkness whence it came.

Ex-Forum Moderator Infamous IrishPotato's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Discussion Ender 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Someone's making an argument just to make it an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBuzz View Post
    why the lack of black people skins
    If you really cared that much you'd have better wording lol. There isn't any need for them to do so and just by making a "black person" skin it would look like making unnecessary effort just to appeal people looking for a racism fight.

I mean I'm liberal but damn. Not something that necessary to put on the agenda.
    Don't be fooled by the EX. The King is immortal

Junior Member Cupidhead emperorfreiza's Avatar
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    most of the pantheons in smite arent black. The only ones that can be are hindus and mayans which are already diverse.
    Actual Join date 23 March 2014

I main adc because I have no skill.

Facts matter more than your feelings. So dont start crying like a bitch when you get proven wrong.

Favorite gods(currently) are Izanami,Serqet, Sol, Bellona

My old names are: Az3ar and emperorfrieza. I've changed my name to Iwontletyouleave but the forum doesn't display it for whatever reason.

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 668
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Hi-Rez said a long time ago. that they would stay away for "controversial gods" this would include a certain someone. (im not going to necro so we wont have to go through that again... YW!!!) under controversy you can bet"color" has a special place in their heart. Kinda a safe word i'd think.
    www.5Dclan.com
    WE ARE RECRUITING
    our Ts3 Server:
    63.210.145.160:9102

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 583
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    why the lack of black people skins or gods in general?
    Its just a video game, its like complaining why you have blue aliens in some game instead of orange...

Lack of certain color in game isnt a racist, insulting them is.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Achievements:
    Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    that's kinda ass backwards. I don't want Hi Rez to add black people just to appease others but to at least include them in their creative process. Also taking half a sentence out of context doesn't help your argue, it just really shows how close minded your argument is. It said "why the lack of Black people Skins and Gods in General?" Being a liberal means nothing to a video game company or to other players. there is no reason for us to know this about you. but instead of seeing from my perspective, you make it about you. Can you be anymore selfish than not wanting the inclusion of black gods and Pantheons in smite. Sure people would get angry and trolls are gonna troll. But why let them change the vision of a game that lets you fight gods from pantheons in time. Also Egyptian gods are black people or black skinned, if you think other wise, please review history.
    d6hdmgy.jpg"]http://orig14.deviantart.net/5657/f/2013/221/5/d/dbz_battle_of_gods_meme_by_thelastmanonearthart-d6hdmgy.jpg[/URL]

Retired Super Moderator Prestigious KingScuba's Avatar
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,547
    Achievements:
    Arm of the Law! Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Reputation Distributor Tagger Master Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    I don't think the creative process of hirez should be "Oh. we need another *Insert skin color/nationality* god." That's pretty racist in my book.

The creative process should always be "Oh. we need a new god with interesting game mechanics." Let the design department deal with that later.

You also have no idea what you're talking about, saying "Zero Black People" gods.

Let me name a few right off the top of my head. Vulcan, Chang'e, Chaac, Nox, Awillix, Agni, Ah Puch, Anubis, Xbalanque, and Ra.
    Last edited by KingScuba; 04-16-2017 at 06:18 PM.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.