Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 123

Thread: The RIP Skadi Thread

  1. #111
    Senior Member Chosen Zaveana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Destination unknown
    Posts
    1,186
    8
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 819
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRun175 View Post
    A god like skadi that has insane 1v1 potential shouldn't have ever had a decent teamfight outside of Aoe abilties. Yeah the dog gets shredded if you're stupid and you just send it at them like poke.

    You know that's not true, the dog gets shredded regardless in a real 5v5 team fight when the enemy team knows to respect your damage.


    Early game you can 'send it' at ppl cuz they don't have a lot of attack speed, sure and if you're close enough the dog can get a few bites in.

    You send out the dog because you don't put a level in it as your first skill and it's basically worthless outside poke for a few levels.

    Yeah you can kill her steroid buts you can heal it up with the ult or off a camp/wave nearby so if you're good at using the dog then you'll be fine.

    The dog actually has to be level 3 and alive to heal off a camp, and camps have this invisible triangle(?) AoE attack that takes one hit off the dog unless you put it behind them just right.

    Skadi be4 this nerf was always easy af. Just hit your abilties and ult them. Now she takes skill to use because her dog can't become invincible when you press 4. Idk about you but I never could tell when someone had a good skadi because all skadi's did the same stuff, Now I can look at what a skadi does and see if their a good skadi. Better yet I can ask a friend: How did they use their dog? then I know if they're a good skadi or not.

    It's very easy to see a good or bad Skadi based on how they're using the dog. A very easy spot for a bad Skadi is if they're in a tight 1v1 against someone and they don't send out the full hp dog because they're either A. too panicked to send him out or B. think he won't be helping the fight if I spend the extra 0.5-2 seconds targeting the enemy.
    Another one, not recalling the dog and just letting it get hit.

    Personally after the nerf nothing has really changed for me in how I play Skadi, because like I said we adapt but I'll still advocate for a rework of the nerf.
    Stuff in red.
    There is no cure for sheep only enlightenment.

    As a shepherd dog the only thing you can do is herd the sheep and hope they go to the shepherd.


  2. #112
    Senior Member Chosen inferno18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Drowning in Chikorita
    Posts
    1,905
    13
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 888
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Party Person Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    8
    I hadn't played Skadi in a while, and just looking at the nerf makes me shake my head.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaveana View Post
    Time to main Izanami now.

    We had a good run.
    Welcome to the c l u b
    The Forum's Official Nutella Warrior!

    IGN in Smite is SamurottsFury. Friend me if you want cancer.

    Was formerly Keks voluntary secretary, now I roam the streets with a thirst for knowledge.

    Check out the Crimson Vs Azure event idea I came up with

    My Concepts




  3. #113
    Banned Minion
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    5
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Rep Power
    0
    I for one, I'm glad she finally got nerfed.
    There is nothing more frustrating than barely getting away from Skadi just to "LOL JK, HAVE MY IMMORTAL WOLF FUCK YOUR DAY UP" right when I'm about to TP.

    Now if they could just rework Cernnunos. that would be great

  4. #114
    Senior Member Chosen Slaycrol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    1,237
    7
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 694
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    7
    well well well isnt that fun? i see less skadi, when i do she is counterable and still does dmg and when i dont i get actually funny matches
    I think theres a certain Skadi main that is especially VERY salty about most players wanting to switch their main god because of the nerf
    https://clips.twitch.tv/ThoughtfulScarySushiPanicBasket

    While his words were abit harsh imo, i wonder why you peeps switch the main afterall? Dont you like Skadis playstyle? her appearance? Her abilities? Apparently not enough to deal with a nerf every other not-Skadi Main can deal with.
    As a Xing main, i cant relate to any of you since i played him throughout every nerf/buff he got by now, his ups and downs and i kept picking him. Is a simple nerf enough for you to quit a whole main just because?
    When life gives you lemons......complain about the lemons!
    Your Daily Kappacino, Trollbuilder for fun, furry (literally too) and Salt-Injecter
    Greetings, at your service~

    i apologize, have some funny stuff instead
    why u heff to be mad?

  5. #115
    Senior Member Chosen Zaveana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Destination unknown
    Posts
    1,186
    8
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 819
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaycrol View Post
    well well well isnt that fun? i see less skadi, when i do she is counterable and still does dmg and when i dont i get actually funny matches
    I think theres a certain Skadi main that is especially VERY salty about most players wanting to switch their main god because of the nerf
    https://clips.twitch.tv/ThoughtfulScarySushiPanicBasket

    While his words were abit harsh imo, i wonder why you peeps switch the main afterall? Dont you like Skadis playstyle? her appearance? Her abilities? Apparently not enough to deal with a nerf every other not-Skadi Main can deal with.
    As a Xing main, i cant relate to any of you since i played him throughout every nerf/buff he got by now, his ups and downs and i kept picking him. Is a simple nerf enough for you to quit a whole main just because?
    While this is a good response to some of the people who posted here and the thread title itself I don't feel it really responds to anything past that, nobody that likes Skadi is leaving just because of the nerf and like I said we will adapt. Personally nothing has changed in how I play Skadi, your bias against her is evident though.

    At this point pretty much everyone has moved on and left or are still playing Skadi and this isn't the "How is Skadi doing after nerf thread" so I might ask for a close on the thread. If you have anything else you want to say now would be the time.
    Last edited by Zaveana; 04-15-2017 at 04:53 PM.
    There is no cure for sheep only enlightenment.

    As a shepherd dog the only thing you can do is herd the sheep and hope they go to the shepherd.


  6. #116
    Senior Member Chosen zitagirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    On the Plains of the Carpathian Basin (Hungary)
    Posts
    1,146
    8
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 568
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Full Profile! Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaycrol View Post
    well well well isnt that fun? i see less skadi, when i do she is counterable and still does dmg and when i dont i get actually funny matches
    I think theres a certain Skadi main that is especially VERY salty about most players wanting to switch their main god because of the nerf
    https://clips.twitch.tv/ThoughtfulScarySushiPanicBasket

    While his words were abit harsh imo, i wonder why you peeps switch the main afterall? Dont you like Skadis playstyle? her appearance? Her abilities? Apparently not enough to deal with a nerf every other not-Skadi Main can deal with.
    As a Xing main, i cant relate to any of you since i played him throughout every nerf/buff he got by now, his ups and downs and i kept picking him. Is a simple nerf enough for you to quit a whole main just because?
    Most people main a god till they are OP. That maining thing goes away the very minute they nerf said god. Just look at those Nu Wa cultists. They say how much they love her yet hate to play her because she has weaknesses while I still play her no matter what.
    Or those Susano mains. How much they cried how their god is not a free win anymore after the big nerf to his 1.

    Honestly if you leave a god just because it got a nerf, you never liked that god then, just the fact that it gave you easy wins.

    Nu Wa and Medusa (or as I call them, snake ladies) are love and life <3

    I might not be a goddess, but I have something godly: IMAGINATION!

    I'm the (free) genie (well, technically half human, half genie. Dont ask.)of the Potato Kingdom and loyal to Queen Azilo

  7. #117
    Junior Member Minion Caitniss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    11
    1
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    "Pros won't play Skadi anymore" Hahahahahaha
    - watching pro playing Skadi live, getting a lot of kills and top damage in the game
    "She was my main because she was faceroll and now I have to change mains "
    ...
    "no one is leaving Skadi because of the nerf, like I said we will adapt"
    Yea, you're contradicting yourself. Anyway, like I said, she has the highest damage among hunters, regardless of the nerf. Pros haven't given her up. She's fine. Of course I prefer a damage nerf over this, and Kaldr should not really be hit-based imo. He should act like the pets of other gods. This is all true, but I don't really sympathize for him not being invulnerable anymore. He should've never been - it was ridiculous. Play smarter, and he'll still do his job. It's honestly as simple as that.

  8. #118
    Senior Member Chosen Zaveana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Destination unknown
    Posts
    1,186
    8
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 819
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitniss View Post
    "Pros won't play Skadi anymore" Hahahahahaha
    - watching pro playing Skadi live, getting a lot of kills and top damage in the game
    "She was my main because she was faceroll and now I have to change mains "
    ...
    "no one is leaving Skadi because of the nerf, like I said we will adapt"
    Yea, you're contradicting yourself. Anyway, like I said, she has the highest damage among hunters, regardless of the nerf. Pros haven't given her up. She's fine. Of course I prefer a damage nerf over this, and Kaldr should not really be hit-based imo. He should act like the pets of other gods. This is all true, but I don't really sympathize for him not being invulnerable anymore. He should've never been - it was ridiculous. Play smarter, and he'll still do his job. It's honestly as simple as that.
    It may be a contradictory statement of the situation but not of myself. I'm still playing Skadi just fine if you read further.

    We all know how Hp based pets end up end game, probably the best decision made when making Skadi was making him hit-based.
    There is no cure for sheep only enlightenment.

    As a shepherd dog the only thing you can do is herd the sheep and hope they go to the shepherd.


  9. #119
    Junior Member Senior Minion
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    31
    2
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Lol all you guys think she's somehow underpowered now. She's still one of the best hunters in the game. Basic attacks don't go through Kaldr. They should but they don't. She's still OP as fuck.

  10. #120
    Member Follower LittlePebble02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    159
    1
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 269
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Rep Power
    1
    Rama and tick damage hunters are laughing with split sides at anyone that thought this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •