Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The RIP Skadi Thread

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 173
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points

The RIP Skadi Thread

Skadi
    “Skadi surprised many players by quickly rising to the top of casual and competitive play, quickly shutting out other Hunters. After taking large amounts of competitive feedback, we are changing Winter’s Grasp before the upcoming LAN. Kaldr will no longer be immune to damage while this Ability is active, giving enemy teams the ability to peel Kaldr if they choose to focus him down.“

Winter’s Grasp

Kaldr is no longer immune to Damage in this Ability, however, he will still fully heal on activation.

Say your prayers here for you shalt never see Skadi in the pro scene again.

Time to main Izanami now.

We had a good run.
    Last edited by Goobis; 04-06-2017 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Non-Official
    There is no cure for sheep only enlightenment.

As a shepherd dog the only thing you can do is herd the sheep and hope they go to the shepherd.

Senior Member Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,246
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Way to listen to your dumbass playerbase, Hi-Rez. Hope Skadi gets rekt hard in the pro scene so they change their mind about this.

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 793
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    It's ok they've compensated yet another savage nerf with...

Ah, they just straight nerfed her again. GG Hirez.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 1,130
    Achievements:
    Veteran Tagger Third Class 50000 Experience Points Discussion Ender Party Person
    God bless. Ra-Meric for having the will to not bitch smack Weak3n
    Last edited by Azilo; 04-05-2017 at 07:39 PM.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 607
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class 1 year registered Repped! Second Class 10000 Experience Points Reputation Distributor
    Awards:
    Guru
    I think they could have decreased the radius of Skadi's permafrost instead, because it's a giant easy-to-hit CC that's a bit too impactful. And/or reduce the damage of Kaldr if she is still too strong.

Now to wait to see how it actually turns out.

Senior Member Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    So basically her ult is now 80% useless. You're only going to use it to catch someone out so you can just land your already OP damage from 3 and 1, big deal. No more retarded backdooring or bullshit tactics where Kaldr is unkillable.

All that matters is Kaldr landing his 1.5x dash which deals 160% of your basic attack damage. With a common build averaging 300 basic damage and the fact that his dash deals 150% of it, this means Kaldr's dash deals a whopping 720 damage. Combine Piercing Cold and Permafrost combo dealing 380 + 140%, Permafrost DoT bound to get 4 ticks in, 480 + 240%. Meaning you're potentially dealing a total of 1200 + 240% without considering mitigations.

Not so dead now that you look at the numbers, huh.
    Last edited by Enigmatisty; 04-05-2017 at 07:05 PM.
    I'm maining Hel in Conquest exclusively because I want to live a hard life.

Don't listen to me unless on days when I drink coffee. I'm a retard when my brain isn't chugging.

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatisty View Post
    So basically her ult is now 80% useless. You're only going to use it to catch someone out so you can just land your already OP damage from 3 and 1, big deal. No more retarded backdooring or bullshit tactics where Kaldr is unkillable.

All that matters is Kaldr landing his 1.5x dash which deals 160% of your basic attack damage. With a common build averaging 300 basic damage and the fact that his dash deals 150% of it, this means Kaldr's dash deals a whopping 720 damage. Combine Piercing Cold and Permafrost combo dealing 380 + 140%, Permafrost DoT bound to get 4 ticks in, 480 + 240%. Meaning you're potentially dealing a total of 1200 + 240% without considering mitigations.

Not so dead now that you look at the numbers, huh.
    The god herself isn't unviable now because she's still a hunter who does hunter things. Her ult is just shitty now. Oh, wohoo, it's a root. Wow. So ult-worthy.

Senior Member Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    The god herself isn't unviable now because she's still a hunter who does hunter things. Her ult is just shitty now. Oh, wohoo, it's a root. Wow. So ult-worthy.
    It was 60% pathetic to begin with, save for the root and Kaldr being totally immortal when you could let him get down to 1hp then pop the ult. It was justified because if we want Skadi to have Sprint, then her damage had to be chipped SOMEWHERE. Her 1 and 3 nerfed would destroy her outright, so the ult was the only option.
    I'm maining Hel in Conquest exclusively because I want to live a hard life.

Don't listen to me unless on days when I drink coffee. I'm a retard when my brain isn't chugging.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatisty View Post
    It was 60% pathetic to begin with, save for the root and Kaldr being totally immortal when you could let him get down to 1hp then pop the ult. It was justified because if we want Skadi to have Sprint, then her damage had to be chipped SOMEWHERE. Her 1 and 3 nerfed would destroy her outright, so the ult was the only option.
    Nerfing her 1 would not destroy her in any capacity. Shave 40 damage off, and she'll still be fine.

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    So sad to see her go, I hope they change her back, meanwhile Cernunnos stays the same, gg, Hi-Rez, gg.
    Favorite gods: Nemesis, Ne Zha, Janus, Apollo, Cabrakan, Freya, Chaac