Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Remove Surrender. This isn't league, change your ways. You got your following.

Junior Member Cupidhead Karilis's Avatar
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 278
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    . Of course, the rest of that sentence just proves that you have no fucking idea what you're talking about because you acknowledge that there were games before LoL which had a surrender function.
    So Dota has/had a surrender button? This is news to me, and maybe anyone who ever played Dota! I shall spread the news!
    You should seriously do some research, as others were saying in this post, but obviously you are just heated and want to start something because you have no mature way of handling things.

-Karilis

Ex-Forum Moderator Infamous IrishPotato's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Discussion Ender 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Kek play nice
    Don't be fooled by the EX. The King is immortal

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 424
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Karilis View Post
    So Dota has/had a surrender button? This is news to me, and maybe anyone who ever played Dota! I shall spread the news!
    You should seriously do some research, as others were saying in this post, but obviously you are just heated and want to start something because you have no mature way of handling things.

-Karilis
    I am positive Keksalot meant that there are other games that had the surrender option. So it doesn't necessarily mean MOBAs.

Anyway, there are some points i agree with you, but frankly i have to disagree with nearly everything you have said. Sure, the surrender option can be annoying, but it's not even the option. People "write" games off for many different reasons, some might actually be childish like not getting any kills while the game has just begun, while some of them hold weight. But saying that the function is so insanely flawed is quite wrong in itself. People can abuse this function and mostly i am an F7 warrior, but sometimes i just want to stop the game because it's unbearable of toxic people, trolls and what not.

I know what it means to have a thrilling game where a mistake decides the outcome of the game and how awesome it feels to win. Even losing doesn't feel bad because it was so fun. Yes, losing can be fun and sometimes it is worth just fully completing a game. But you know, "It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye". I can just say it like it's all just a game until it stops being fun. I am not taking a life by pressing F6, i am saving time. My time, their time, everyone's time. Sure, i might miss a chance to learn and experiment, but i might get a chance to see new gods in action, maybe learn something to improve my early game farm or tactics. Maybe i can find something extraordinary, i don't know what i could learn from a game. But what if all the fun i had just goes sour later in the game? People start to badmouth each other, they start making the game unfun and i just want it to end. Games are fun if nobody start throwing tantrums like children, that's the exact thing that happens often - they get angry, they blame others and players F6. Congratulations, you just saved some time for another game.

Yes, i have gone through some amazing comebacks, like that one time the enemy team attacked us and i thought of split pushing with Artemis alone. That was ages ago, that was when we had the old Conquest map, i think it was Season 1. And guess what, it was so priceless when i wrecked the Titan alone and won a losing Conquest game while the opponent team said "We forgot Artemis, you idiots" xd. That was when i was not afraid to play that mode at all, it was completely different from now, now i simply am afraid of sucking bad, being a bad player everyone hates on, but anyway... It was called backdooring and i had no idea i did that, had no idea that was a real term. Now several years later i see how the game has changed, yeah, i am still a filthy casual that barely has over 300 hours and plays Arena more than anything, and i do great there most often with any god.

Why am i rambling? Well i did not care about surrendering and i did not want that, now i am kind of used to surrendering and sometimes i just want it gone or changed to 3/2. But i don't. I really would not want that because i know the benefits of losing the battle, but winning the war. Yeah, Smite is a war and it is meant to be fun. I will gladly forfeit a boring match if i knew i will have an exciting one waiting for me.

To sum up or just put it shortly, i want the function to stay, but it's the mentality of the players i want to change. If they are such crybabies and want to surrender so early when we can turn this around, then it's obvious they don't have any competition going for them, at all. Like in Joust we had a game where the enemy was way ahead, i was Raijin, then we won a teamfight and barely made a Titan kill, it was glorious or when i was a Ravana and we had a disconnected player in Joust, i was 5 levels behind Ao Kuang but he just couldn't kill me when i counter builded him while still getting powerful items for damage. It's amazing how a build can flatten the lead he has. All those great games were a result of not surrendering, sure. But the function is a must sometimes. Life is unexpected, you might just need to go as fast as possible because something happened in real life and you need to surrender to do what you need to do. Don't think i defend your opinion though, i am here for the F6 button to stay. I acknowledge the fact that you put so much time into this, but i simply cannot agree with the removal of this function. Lol has such long games and has none of our game modes, Smite is much more fast paced and has shorter games. Some games can drag on for so long that you might just be bored out of your mind even in Smite, it's the fast pace of the game i like and that's why i quit Lol years ago. Never came back since. F6 is a flawed function, sure, people that abuse it are even more so, but the function plays a role in the game and it offers more benefits than drawbacks. It's the community that has to change, not the function.
    Last edited by Drakonasx; 04-06-2017 at 11:46 PM.
    "In love with tides and snowflakes..."

Welcome Season 4 with all of its freshness!
    Quote Originally Posted by ErkMcGurk View Post
    You can do well with any god and any build.
    Embrace the cold...

Ex-Forum Moderator Infamous IrishPotato's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Discussion Ender 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakonasx View Post
    I am positive Keksalot meant that there are other games that had the surrender option. So it doesn't necessarily mean MOBAs.

Anyway, there are some points i agree with you, but frankly i have to disagree with nearly everything you have said. Sure, the surrender option can be annoying, but it's not even the option. People "write" games off for many different reasons, some might actually be childish like not getting any kills while the game has just begun, while some of them hold weight. But saying that the function is so insanely flawed is quite wrong in itself. People can abuse this function and mostly i am an F7 warrior, but sometimes i just want to stop the game because it's unbearable of toxic people, trolls and what not.

I know what it means to have a thrilling game where a mistake decides the outcome of the game and how awesome it feels to win. Even losing doesn't feel bad because it was so fun. Yes, losing can be fun and sometimes it is worth just fully completing a game. But you know, "It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye". I can just say it like it's all just a game until it stops being fun. I am not taking a life by pressing F6, i am saving time. My time, their time, everyone's time. Sure, i might miss a chance to learn and experiment, but i might get a chance to see new gods in action, maybe learn something to improve my early game farm or tactics. Maybe i can find something extraordinary, i don't know what i could learn from a game. But what if all the fun i had just goes sour later in the game? People start to badmouth each other, they start making the game unfun and i just want it to end. Games are fun if nobody start throwing tantrums like children, that's the exact thing that happens often - they get angry, they blame others and players F6. Congratulations, you just saved some time for another game.

Yes, i have gone through some amazing comebacks, like that one time the enemy team attacked us and i thought of split pushing with Artemis alone. That was ages ago, that was when we had the old Conquest map, i think it was Season 1. And guess what, it was so priceless when i wrecked the Titan alone and won a losing Conquest game while the opponent team said "We forgot Artemis, you idiots" xd. That was when i was not afraid to play that mode at all, it was completely different from now, now i simply am afraid of sucking bad a bad player, but anyway. It was called backdooring and i had no idea i did that, had no idea that was a real term. Now several years later i see how the game has changed, yeah, i am still a filthy casual that barely has over 300 hours and plays Arena more than anything, and i do great there most often with any god.

Why am i rambling? Well i did not care about surrendering and i did not want that, now i am kind of used to surrendering and sometimes i just want it gone or changed to 3/2. But i don't. I really would not want that because i know the benefits of losing the battle, but winning the war. Yeah, Smite is a war and it is meant to be fun. I will gladly forfeit a boring match if i knew i will have an exciting one waiting for me.

To sum up or just put it shortly, i want the function to stay, but it's the mentality of the players i want to change. If they are such crybabies and want to surrender so early when we can turn this around, then it's obvious they don't have any competition going for them, at all. Like in Joust we had a game where the enemy was way ahead, i was Raijin, then we won a teamfight and barely made a Titan kill, it was glorious or when i was a Ravana and we had a disconnected player in Joust, i was 5 levels behind Ao Kuang but he just couldn't kill me when i counter builded him while still getting powerful items for damage. It's amazing how a build can flatten the lead he has. All those great games were a result of not surrendering, sure. But the function is a must sometimes. Life is unexpected, you might just need to go as fast as possible because something happened in real life and you need to surrender to do what you need to do. Don't think i defend your opinion though, i am here for the F6 button to stay. I acknowledge the fact that you put so much time into this, but i simply cannot agree with the removal of this function. Lol has such long games and has none of our game modes, Smite is much more fast paced and has shorter games. Some games can drag on for so long that you might just be bored out of your mind even in Smite, it's the fast pace of the game i like and that's why i quit Lol years ago. Never came back since. F6 is a flawed function, sure, people that abuse it are even more so, but the function plays a role in the game and it offers more benefits than drawbacks. It's the community that has to change, not the function.
    Give this guy a medal
    Don't be fooled by the EX. The King is immortal

New Member Cupidhead Beardbrother's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 290
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Karilis View Post
    If you actually do a google search. The actual foundation of the game, and no we aren't talking about TP scrolls, surrender options, skins, extra abilities (or abilities in general); does start with a mod in Starcraft. The idea was: 1 group versus 1 group. Kill enemies base first. 1 life only. (well in technical terms, but if you've played any starcraft, then you could understand what that means -- 1 life only)

Why is league considered the foundation of MOBAs? Just an honest question? If not for Defense of the Ancients from Warcraft 3, LoL probably would have never been released. Especially since Guinsoo was considerably LoL's main developer at the time after coming from DOTA all stars.
    *and by the way, a little google research would help you find this all out*

The core function of the game, which is doesn't affect the actually arena gameplay at all, does bother me. But I like the game. I just don't like my team surrendering when we still have a chance. Or surrendering when we lost a teamfight with all phoenixes up and maybe a tower.

I was hoping to catch some eyes in the problem. As some people have reflected on it. But let's be honest here. Surrender button has been in the game since the game has been out. People learn the game going through levels and pretty much adapted to the natural state of the game, that being surrender. You really are use to it.

If you came to a game, for the first time, with a feature you haven't seen or just don't like for many reasons, you may actually not want it. Is that being Biased? Maybe. But at least you actually have more reason to see if it can or can not be a problem. This is just human nature, comfortability can change how you feel on situations involving something you're use to. And I am not saying this to make people angry, or tell them they are unintelligent. I am just saying this because some people actually might be some comfortable with something, they could of once had the opinion on something and it changed to a point that it's just a normal thing in their lives.

P.S. You should not insult people like that, it really isn't a mature way to do things.
    This is gonna be my last reply to you because you're obviously either a troll or the most dense person I ever read about in an online article.

The first two paragraphs that you put that much effort into writing in hopes not to come off as a complete idiot are exactly what I mentioned in my previous post. But since you apparently need it to be even more simplified I'll do you the honour.

1- Aeon of Strife (Starcraft mod)
    2-Defense of the Ancients (Warcraft 3 mod aka DOTA 1)
    3- Valve hires Icefrog to develop DOTA 2 (May 2009)
    4- League of legends (Oct 2009)
    5- DOTA 2 (July 2013)

The part where you mention a google search without doing one yourself is 4/10 kek

Onward to the 3rd to 5th paragraph you mention a bunch of sad stuff, that I'm still trying to decide are as sad as you, regarding people surrendering when the game seems lost when even if the game is lost they should take their time to learn about the game and counter the situation, people give up matches for reasons other than believing that they are losing the match and in most cases they just take the fact that they are behind as more of a reason to surrender, you'll understand this as soon as you get a life instead of posting dense stuff like this on gaming communities.
    Not to mention that for a conquest match to be surrendered, 4/5 surrender votes are needed, not 3/5, 4/5, meaning that if the match ends up surrendered, you were the only bloke dense enough to want to continue and the only one willing to, just in this fact you should take in account that with every 5 people you're the only one that supports your cause, same goes for 3v3 (2/3 votes needed).

As for your Post Scriptum, you want something immature? Look at the title of this thread and realise how pointless it is.

As for the reason why this is gonna be my last reply, quoting Morgan Freeman

"It is difficult to win an argument against an intelligent person, however it is impossible to win one against an idiot"
    Last edited by Beardbrother; 04-07-2017 at 04:48 AM.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardbrother View Post
    This is gonna be my last reply to you because you're obviously either a troll or the most dense person I ever read about in an online article.

The first two paragraphs that you put that much effort into writing in hopes not to come off as a complete idiot are exactly what I mentioned in my previous post. But since you apparently need it to be even more simplified I'll do you the honour.

5- DOTA 2 (July 2013)
    Starcraft had a concept. Obviously you wouldn't know, because you haven't played it. The concept, as I said earlier, is two teams against each other, 3 lanes, pushing to destroy one's end game (or base, for that matter). You had 1 life, as in starcraft you may understand this, may not. The concept was there, but nearly all the features the first DOTA from the Reigns of Chaos wc3 had, they developed themselves.

Eul created the first DOTA. Guinsoo then took the reigns, more like Eul stopped developing it and Guinsoo's team took over and created DOTA Allstars. Then Guinsoo left DOTA for the LoL development. Where then Icefrog took the reigns, while still developing DOTA Allstars before he started developing DOTA 2.

You have the right idea, but the information there is still some what off. It was Starcraft (if you believe that it started the MOBAs, but I believe it started the concept). The first DOTA from Reigns of Chaos. DOTA Allstars for The Frozen Throne. League of Legends Development (before the DOTA 2 development), then the DOTA 2 development, that was later released, as you said, in 2013.

Anyways, the internet has everything right? A simple google search does not mean the facts are there, or the right ones.

As wikipedia says: 87% of all the information submitted to Wikipedia is usually wrong.

Granted, searching google doesn't mean searching Wikipedia, but the idea that there is a lot of false or falsified information on the internet/wikipedia is still true.

May I suggest in showing some maturity and not use derogate words to try and prove a point.

Anyways, you may not post again, so here is my post for your last response.

-Karilis

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakonasx View Post
    I F6 is a flawed function, sure, people that abuse it are even more so, but the function plays a role in the game and it offers more benefits than drawbacks. It's the community that has to change, not the function.
    I can agree with you completely. But I still feel personally the Surrender button would be better off out of smite. And that may be my opinion. While you have yours, which I honor you for your long response, I also have mine.

*also, I did not want to quote the whole thing, but I am letting you know I am responding on the comment as a whole*

Thanks for your input,
    Karilis

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 382
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardbrother View Post

5- DOTA 2 (July 2013)

The part where you mention a google search without doing one yourself is 4/10 kek

Onward to the 3rd to 5th paragraph you mention a bunch of sad stuff, that I'm still trying to decide are as sad as you, regarding people surrendering when the game seems lost when even if the game is lost they should take their time to learn about the game and counter the situation, people give up matches for reasons other than believing that they are losing the match and in most cases they just take the fact that they are behind as more of a reason to surrender, you'll understand this as soon as you get a life instead of posting dense stuff like this on gaming communities.
    Not to mention that for a conquest match to be surrendered, 4/5 surrender votes are needed, not 3/5, 4/5, meaning that if the match ends up surrendered, you were the only bloke dense enough to want to continue and the only one willing to, just in this fact you should take in account that with every 5 people you're the only one that supports your cause, same goes for 3v3 (2/3 votes needed).

As for your Post Scriptum, you want something immature? Look at the title of this thread and realise how pointless it is.

As for the reason why this is gonna be my last reply, quoting Morgan Freeman

"It is difficult to win an argument against an intelligent person, however it is impossible to win one against an idiot"
    Came here to tell this man the retard he was but DAYUM SON! This Nigga beard beat me to it!
    Officer arrest this nigga! He shootin to kill!
    This nigga beard must main Agni or some shit cause he throwin them flames!