Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Remove Surrender. This isn't league, change your ways. You got your following.

  1. #11
    Ex-Forum Moderator Infamous IrishPotato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Not Ireland (oddly)
    Posts
    6,980
    19
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Discussion Ender 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Rep Power
    20
    Le sigh, let's try this again.

    1. I think you messed up there mate.

    2. The point was the surrender feature doesn't automatically make you a coward. Obviously different players will use it at different points of time, however you cannot lump all players who utilize it into one category. Makes no sense.

    3. I didn't care to ask about the other games because there wasn't a reason to. All of them have different features and succeed on their own level. League and DoTA are by far the top two MOBA's out there in terms of popularity, and at any time you could throw it at either as the top dog.

    4. Basically part of 3 but you're not getting my entire point. I'm not saying a game without a surrender option is terrible. I'm not saying having a surrender option is better. I'm saying I understand why it works for players who do use it.

    I'm a competitive person by nature. I always get into Diamond at a minimum when I play ranked (and how much this is actually a good spot is debatable but that's not the point.) however I also play casually. And sometimes when I'm playing with friends and we're just having fun, we'd prefer to just play a different game against a different team. Shit happens. Players are allowed to choose if they just want to move on with their lives if they're playing casually.

    I'm not telling you the surrender option is the best thing in the world, but it's not the worst thing in the world either. It serves a purpose, and of course it can be used in terrible situations where a comeback is possible, the core value of it is still valid.
    Don't be fooled by the EX. The King is immortal

  2. #12
    Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Usa, Johnstown PA
    Posts
    1,548
    9
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Rep Power
    5
    To the op, the surrender function of Smite may have come from League...who cares? Has League contacted Smite and been, "Hey, you guys stole our system, we're going to sue you." Not that I am aware of.

    It is a very valid system and you need to realize that.

    I have been in many games where situations would easily for either team warrant a surrender.

    1) One team is down by 20 or more kills (bonus if before 10 min mark)

    2) Lane(s) are down to phoenix...and sometimes include the phoenix being down. (bonus if before 10 min mark)

    3) Someone on the team is trolling (i.e. intentional feeding)

    4) someone on the team has left (thus making laning even harder)

    5) The enemy team has all around 5 or more levels on everyone else in the match.

    So the next time something like this happens, and I now hope it all happens to you, please, feel free to keep playing that losing game that almost everyone on your team has now given up on and wants to move on from. They would rather end this losing game and go to another where they might find better odds, than continue this.
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack

  3. #13
    Senior Member Chosen ZetoPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,660
    9
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 583
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Rep Power
    0
    LoL stole this from DOTA, DOTA stole this from Warcraft, Overwatch and Paladins stole concept from Team Fortress, who really cares about this?

    Surrender system isnt perfect your right, this should be 3-2 not 4-1. There is enough F7 warriors who think being 10k behind is nothing.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

  4. #14
    Junior Member Cupidhead Karilis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    12
    2
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 278
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Immediately, you have discredited everything you've said and are going to say because you lack the capacity to check your own damn facts. LoL is not the first MOBA. DotA was. That is, unless you wanna get technically and say it was a Starcraft map. So, yeah, actually know what you're talking about before you say stupid shit.
    Glad to know your eyesight isn't that good when reading full sentences. Please, re read the sentence, look for the punctuation, and then tell me again where my facts were wrong. No I did not say League was the first MOBA. Seriously though, did you just read 10 words and quote it?

    -Karilis

  5. #15
    A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Bro-Koro
    Posts
    13,644
    30
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Karilis View Post
    Glad to know your eyesight isn't that good when reading full sentences. Please, re read the sentence, look for the punctuation, and then tell me again where my facts were wrong. No I did not say League was the first MOBA. Seriously though, did you just read 10 words and quote it?

    -Karilis
    I mean, when I see that and only a few words after it that don't make your sentence mean something different for half the sentence, then no, I don't read past that because I find myself a bit shocked to see that kind of claim seemingly being made. Of course, the rest of that sentence just proves that you have no fucking idea what you're talking about because you acknowledge that there were games before LoL which had a surrender function. Doesn't matter what genre they were; the function is older than just one game, and it's clearly a very good function. So no, Smite didn't steal from LoL here, so you have nothing to stand on.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E



    Muh Concepts


  6. #16
    Member Follower lonewolfhowl100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    129
    3
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 502
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    3
    I'm just reading all this and realizing how many people are standing for the surrender button over the one that isn't. There's numerous points to be made towards each and sometimes you need to take both sides into consideration. I have my own reasons for each (though the surrender button will ALWAYS outweigh not being able to. (Please skip to the bottom if you don't want to read the small list. There's something I'm more focused on down there.)

    -I'm tired of my matches never getting finished because they surrendered. I have probably dealt with way more surrenders than I have to be able to finish them off and kill their Titan.
    -Trolls love to surrender...those and the ones that die too often.
    -It's not fair to the one random in a lobby when their team is doing good, but the four who are in a party decide to surrender simply because they're bored.

    -Surrender has cut my time in half to renew myself.
    -If me (or someone else) has to go, the button is there. (If we're losing that is)
    -Trolls love to feed (as stated above by others).
    -There's simply no chance because a team might be better by 50% (there's nothing wrong with not being #1).
    -There are a lot more to list, but I don't want to list them.

    This guy was talking trash of Smite for having skins. What's wrong with skins? MANY games have them and you're calling out Smite for having them since LoL has them? Where is the logic there?

    Another thing: Do you think I want to waste valuable time trying to walk back to base when I could teleport back in like five seconds? What if my Titan was attacked my someone who secretly made their way all the way there without us seeing them? I could use that valuable time to make a comeback. LoL and Dota BOTH have that features the last I was aware, so therefor you can't really copy something if a generalized group has it.
    With the Marksmanship of Neith, the strength of Bellona, the viciousness of Fenrir, the frightening magic from Nox, and the healing abilities from the stunning Terra, our team will prevail! Join me on PS4 and let's make tonight one to remember! Now, who's with me?!

    PSN: lonewolfhowl100

    God Ideas:
    Demeter, Goddess of the Harvest.
    Izanagi, God of Creation.
    Maya, Goddess of Illusion.
    Phobos, God of Fear.

    God Skin Ideas:
    Eclipse Scylla.
    Rockin' Terra

  7. #17
    New Member Cupidhead Beardbrother's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    7
    1
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 290
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Considering that League was the foundation for most mobas is retarded at best and in an age where the Internet is mainstream as it is, you're one Google search away to realise just how exactly dense you are.
    Mobas didn't even start with dota, it started with Aeon of Strife, however since dota was also founded by Blizzard in its early stages as a warcraft mod i can understand when people say that dota founded mobas.

    With all this aside though, if a game has a core function from its beggining that is upsetting you, just leave the game, I don't even care if you were a beta tester, how full of yourself are you as an individual to tell a game to remove a core function just because it upsets you? My heart wants to believe that this is a troll post because honestly I'd rather not believe that someone that actually exists has a mindset like this.

  8. #18
    Ex-Forum Moderator Infamous IrishPotato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Not Ireland (oddly)
    Posts
    6,980
    19
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Discussion Ender 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardbrother View Post
    Considering that League was the foundation for most mobas is retarded at best and in an age where the Internet is mainstream as it is, you're one Google search away to realise just how exactly dense you are.
    Mobas didn't even start with dota, it started with Aeon of Strife, however since dota was also founded by Blizzard in its early stages as a warcraft mod i can understand when people say that dota founded mobas.

    With all this aside though, if a game has a core function from its beggining that is upsetting you, just leave the game, I don't even care if you were a beta tester, how full of yourself are you as an individual to tell a game to remove a core function just because it upsets you? My heart wants to believe that this is a troll post because honestly I'd rather not believe that someone that actually exists has a mindset like this.
    I like this guy.
    Don't be fooled by the EX. The King is immortal

  9. #19
    Junior Member Cupidhead Karilis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    12
    2
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 278
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolfhowl100 View Post
    I'm just reading all this and realizing how many people are standing for the surrender button over the one that isn't. There's numerous points to be made towards each and sometimes you need to take both sides into consideration. I have my own reasons for each (though the surrender button will ALWAYS outweigh not being able to. (Please skip to the bottom if you don't want to read the small list. There's something I'm more focused on down there.)

    -I'm tired of my matches never getting finished because they surrendered. I have probably dealt with way more surrenders than I have to be able to finish them off and kill their Titan.
    -Trolls love to surrender...those and the ones that die too often.
    -It's not fair to the one random in a lobby when their team is doing good, but the four who are in a party decide to surrender simply because they're bored.

    -Surrender has cut my time in half to renew myself.
    -If me (or someone else) has to go, the button is there. (If we're losing that is)
    -Trolls love to feed (as stated above by others).
    -There's simply no chance because a team might be better by 50% (there's nothing wrong with not being #1).
    -There are a lot more to list, but I don't want to list them.

    This guy was talking trash of Smite for having skins. What's wrong with skins? MANY games have them and you're calling out Smite for having them since LoL has them? Where is the logic there?

    Another thing: Do you think I want to waste valuable time trying to walk back to base when I could teleport back in like five seconds? What if my Titan was attacked my someone who secretly made their way all the way there without us seeing them? I could use that valuable time to make a comeback. LoL and Dota BOTH have that features the last I was aware, so therefor you can't really copy something if a generalized group has it.
    I do very much agree on why you don't like the surrender button. Which are issues I pretty much deal with all the time. The first one Specifically.

    Why skins then? Why not items like Dota? Or just cosmetics? Why did it have to be skins specifically? I was just putting into comparison on how it's the EXACT same thing as LoL. Even using a different name could of worked, it just sound like it was cherry picked from LoL.

    Teleporting to base and using "b" is a LoL feature. Dota's feature uses Teleport scrolls that, in DOTA 1 cost 300/140 gold. Now in DOTA 2 cost 50 gold. Yes they both have a feature. But the feature they use is EXACTLY the same as LoL, there is no denying that. Look, why not just have a teleport skill that isn't teleport by pressing b? And/or has a cd or something? Why not having something like it, without being the same exact thing?

    *also the grammar check does not take teleport as a real word*

    -Karilis

  10. #20
    Junior Member Cupidhead Karilis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    12
    2
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 278
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardbrother View Post
    Considering that League was the foundation for most mobas is retarded at best and in an age where the Internet is mainstream as it is, you're one Google search away to realise just how exactly dense you are.
    Mobas didn't even start with dota, it started with Aeon of Strife, however since dota was also founded by Blizzard in its early stages as a warcraft mod i can understand when people say that dota founded mobas.

    With all this aside though, if a game has a core function from its beggining that is upsetting you, just leave the game, I don't even care if you were a beta tester, how full of yourself are you as an individual to tell a game to remove a core function just because it upsets you? My heart wants to believe that this is a troll post because honestly I'd rather not believe that someone that actually exists has a mindset like this.
    If being dense is being fact-ful, then I'll make sure to be less in the future.

    If you actually do a google search. The actual foundation of the game, and no we aren't talking about TP scrolls, surrender options, skins, extra abilities (or abilities in general); does start with a mod in Starcraft. The idea was: 1 group versus 1 group. Kill enemies base first. 1 life only. (well in technical terms, but if you've played any starcraft, then you could understand what that means -- 1 life only)

    Why is league considered the foundation of MOBAs? Just an honest question? If not for Defense of the Ancients from Warcraft 3, LoL probably would have never been released. Especially since Guinsoo was considerably LoL's main developer at the time after coming from DOTA all stars.
    *and by the way, a little google research would help you find this all out*

    The core function of the game, which is doesn't affect the actually arena gameplay at all, does bother me. But I like the game. I just don't like my team surrendering when we still have a chance. Or surrendering when we lost a teamfight with all phoenixes up and maybe a tower.

    I was hoping to catch some eyes in the problem. As some people have reflected on it. But let's be honest here. Surrender button has been in the game since the game has been out. People learn the game going through levels and pretty much adapted to the natural state of the game, that being surrender. You really are use to it.

    If you came to a game, for the first time, with a feature you haven't seen or just don't like for many reasons, you may actually not want it. Is that being Biased? Maybe. But at least you actually have more reason to see if it can or can not be a problem. This is just human nature, comfortability can change how you feel on situations involving something you're use to. And I am not saying this to make people angry, or tell them they are unintelligent. I am just saying this because some people actually might be some comfortable with something, they could of once had the opinion on something and it changed to a point that it's just a normal thing in their lives.

    P.S. You should not insult people like that, it really isn't a mature way to do things.

    -Karilis

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •