Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Remove Surrender. This isn't league, change your ways. You got your following.

  1. #1
    Junior Member Cupidhead Karilis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    12
    2
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 278
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0

    Post Remove Surrender. This isn't league, change your ways. You got your following.

    This isn't just about surrender, but every word here hopefully means something.
    You're on season 4 now. From the time I stared , Back in Beta, to the time I played now. Which apparently is about 2077 hours of game play with friends, and the last couple levels I just recently got by myself. I've realized how much Copy and Paste this game is from League of legends. One being, of course, the surrender button. Others being, skins, teleport to base, teleport to base using 'b'. Level 30 being cap and level 30 being the requirement for rank. Rank, literally being the same thing as League of Legends.

    Look, I've played league back in early 2010-2014. I gave up, and moved off of MOBAs for about a year. Went back into them, played smite somewhat. But then I got into DoTa 2, where I learned much of what the original MOBA came from.

    Anyways, from the time I put on and off from SMITE, I've got to say I am tired of playing League of Legends, SMITE edition.

    You are your own game now, SMITE. You should consider removing the features and gimmicks that are offered specifically from League of Legends over any other MOBA. Surrender being one of them.

    In truth, this is the rant part of the post. But I really think Surrender is a cowards way out. Especially when you still have a chance but a "majority" thinks it's over. Surrender should not be in any competitive game, because I see more surrenders than I see finishes, sometimes.

    TLR -- This game has too many Features from League of Legends. Change your ways and be your own, you have your following, give them something worth playing, where they don't feel they "played that before".

    Hope you take this into suggestion, I really do.
    Karilis

  2. #2
    A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Bro-Koro
    Posts
    13,644
    30
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    24
    Wait, so nobody should have the opportunity to simply end a game they're going to lose anyway? No, that's simply not fair. The surrender function isn't exclusive to LoL.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E



    Muh Concepts


  3. #3
    Junior Member Cupidhead Karilis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    12
    2
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 278
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    It's not exclusive, but it started with League Of Legends and that is a given Fact.

    Out of all the games they chose to take from, they took from LoL.

    It's a big game, so why not? But now they have this following, so why do they need cowardly game options for those who can't lose like a loser?
    You don't learn from surrendering. You do not. You never will. My pressing F7 is getting tiring when my team "thinks it is over". When most of the time, it's not.

    Just because you lose 1 team fight, does not mean the game is over, hence why so much surrendering.

    You'd think people would have the "balls" to be able to play a game straight through, but it seems that is just a myth.

    Anyways, believe what you will, the Surrender button for MOBAs came from LoL.

  4. #4
    A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Bro-Koro
    Posts
    13,644
    30
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Karilis View Post
    It's not exclusive, but it started with League Of Legends and that is a given Fact.

    Out of all the games they chose to take from, they took from LoL.

    It's a big game, so why not? But now they have this following, so why do they need cowardly game options for those who can't lose like a loser?
    You don't learn from surrendering. You do not. You never will. My pressing F7 is getting tiring when my team "thinks it is over". When most of the time, it's not.

    Just because you lose 1 team fight, does not mean the game is over, hence why so much surrendering.

    You'd think people would have the "balls" to be able to play a game straight through, but it seems that is just a myth.

    Anyways, believe what you will, the Surrender button for MOBAs came from LoL.
    It's not about balls, it's about not wasting your and everyone else's time. It's not cowardly, it's practical. Saying the surrender option needs to go because it came from LoL is like saying wards should go because they came from LoL. Don't ask for something to be removed because you're salty and dense.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E



    Muh Concepts


  5. #5
    Junior Member Cupidhead Karilis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    12
    2
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 278
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Wards didn't come from LoL. Surrender option did (for MOBAs). Skins also came from LoL. As well as Teleport to base and teleprot to base by pressing 'b'. There are soo many LoL features in this game.

    And yes, it is cowardly to surrender instead of playing a game all the way through.

    surrender /verb : cease resistance to an enemy or opponent and submit to their authority.

  6. #6
    Ex-Forum Moderator Infamous IrishPotato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Not Ireland (oddly)
    Posts
    6,980
    19
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Discussion Ender 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Karilis View Post
    Wards didn't come from LoL. Surrender option did (for MOBAs). Skins also came from LoL. As well as Teleport to base and teleprot to base by pressing 'b'. There are soo many LoL features in this game.

    And yes, it is cowardly to surrender instead of playing a game all the way through.

    surrender /verb : cease resistance to an enemy or opponent and submit to their authority.
    This is a video game. It's not war. Surrendering is just to move on to another game and in most player's opinions not wasting their time. I'm all for playing a game out, but I understand that sometimes players just want to finish the game without spending who knows how much longer.

    Relax, the surrender system is perfectly valid.
    Don't be fooled by the EX. The King is immortal

  7. #7
    Junior Member Cupidhead Karilis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    12
    2
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 278
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishPotato View Post
    This is a video game. It's not war. Surrendering is just to move on to another game and in most player's opinions not wasting their time. I'm all for playing a game out, but I understand that sometimes players just want to finish the game without spending who knows how much longer.

    Relax, the surrender system is perfectly valid.
    Valid? For what? Being a coward and not learning from mistakes? If you truly believe that, there is no hope for you in the real world.

    Funny how the Father of MOBAs doesn't have surrender. And yet here comes LoL with an option for people to surrender, to give up so easily. Even when a game is lost. SMITE then takes from League of Legends and uses the surrender in the same way. (in LoL, I believe it was 20 minutes, then you would type /ff to surrender). SMITE is what, 10 minutes? Obviously it's something different. People surrendering as soon as 10 minutes come by.

    Look, I know you may have never played other MOBAs before, or other MOBAs without surrender. But you don't learn anything, if your games only last 10-20 minutes, or just 10 minutes on some game modes. If my team or the enemy team surrendered by, lets say, 15 minutes. Then what? I don't have a full build, cannot mess with builds, cannot learn how this God works in this game with this set up. There are what, 86 Gods in this game? You get to experiment each game. The chances that each game is going to have ALL the same gods as the last, are very slim.

    The truth is. It's about learning. And not being able to test out your team composition against this other composition due to surrender by the time you hit level 16 with half a build? You don't learn anything with surrendering. You do not. Obviously DOTA and DOTA 2 have proven that.

    If you truly think it's valid that people should have the opportunity to "move on to the next game". Then it's quite obvious that the perspective of playing a game fully, isn't what SMITE teaches people.

    And yes, this isn't about a class room, or learning about certain things to happen. It's about playing something through, so you can learn to be better.

    I played with many friends most of my levels in SMITE. But the last few levels I played mostly solo where people kept surrendering when they thought it was over, when it was close to even. Yet they lost a teamfight; "so we better surrender because we lost a teamfight". I can tell you, if you walked into dota with that kind of attitude, you would not get far. And no, this isn't dota. But lets be honest, dota was the first MMO to put things into balance. And LoL and SMITE seemed to gut that idea of playing a game all the way through.

    I just ask, that SMITE considers the possibility of doing something on their own accord, rather than follow someone else's. And let people have the chance to learn the game, without having to play the next one before it's even over.

    If you do not agree with this, that is fine. I truly believe you will be lost in life if surrendering is what your life comes down to, or your gaming life. But if you agree and believe that playing a game, or finishing a game all the way through really means something. Then I hope you share my ideas.

    -Karilis

  8. #8
    Ex-Forum Moderator Infamous IrishPotato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Not Ireland (oddly)
    Posts
    6,980
    19
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Discussion Ender 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Karilis View Post

    Look, I know you may have never played other MOBAs before, or other MOBAs without surrender.
    You're cute. Nice try guy.

    It's possible to accept defeat without being a coward. Surrender doesn't automatically force players into being cowards. You like to use LoL so much as an example, so I'll give you one of my own.

    There are pro matches where the games are say best of 3. Game 1. Team A is winning by a reasonable amount and Team B understands that they probably won't win and have learned from their mistakes within that time frame already and are ready to move on to Game 2. They surrender. Game 2 comes in and they win. Are they cowards? No. This actually happens.

    In most instances of casual games surrender comes into play when a player isn't having fun any longer. That was the original focus of the feature, and it holds weight. When it comes down to it, and I will repeat, this is a video game. Video games are for having fun. It's not always about learning, and not every player is here to be competitive and study the game. A lot of players login to have some fun with their friends, myself included on occasion if I'm not being competitive.

    I've played every MOBA out there, and yes I do spend a lot of time learning and not surrendering. However, I can understand the perspective of a player who wants to. It happens. And if you're honestly this bothered by it then go back to DOTA and chill out. The surrender feature may not be for you, and that doesn't give you a reason to want to take it away from those who use it.
    Don't be fooled by the EX. The King is immortal

  9. #9
    Junior Member Cupidhead Karilis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    12
    2
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 278
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishPotato View Post
    You're cute. Nice try guy.

    It's possible to accept defeat without being a coward. Surrender doesn't automatically force players into being cowards. You like to use LoL so much as an example, so I'll give you one of my own.

    There are pro matches where the games are say best of 3. Game 1. Team A is winning by a reasonable amount and Team B understands that they probably won't win and have learned from their mistakes within that time frame already and are ready to move on to Game 2. They surrender. Game 2 comes in and they win. Are they cowards? No. This actually happens.

    In most instances of casual games surrender comes into play when a player isn't having fun any longer. That was the original focus of the feature, and it holds weight. When it comes down to it, and I will repeat, this is a video game. Video games are for having fun. It's not always about learning, and not every player is here to be competitive and study the game. A lot of players login to have some fun with their friends, myself included on occasion if I'm not being competitive.

    I've played every MOBA out there, and yes I do spend a lot of time learning and not surrendering. However, I can understand the perspective of a player who wants to. It happens. And if you're honestly this bothered by it then go back to DOTA and chill out. The surrender feature may not be for you, and that doesn't give you a reason to want to take it away from those who use it.
    I am quoting this whole message because I want to point out a few things.

    For 1: I do use LoL a lot. Because they are the VERY FIRST MOBA; no not MMO, not FPS, but MOBA, That adapted to the surrender button.
    I don't understand why you haven't gotten this from my last 4 messages, but this is literally THE reason why I've been using LoL. There is no other reason why I compared it. I also used LoL to compare what features SMITE uses in the game that only LoL has/had/ or invented first.

    2:You example this pro team, about surrendering. Understandable, I guess. But then, you compare a casual player to an understanding competitive player. So what are you saying? The competitive player is going to learn the game, while surrendering? Or are you just referring to a possibility that a competitive player surrenders regardless if they learn anything?
    * that being said, learning from mistakes aren't the only way to learn, or study the game as you say*

    3:If you've played every MOBA. Then how come you didn't ask all those other MOBAs without a surrender option, why they don't have a surrender option? I know why they don't have a surrender option. Because they want the chance for comebacks. Now I know that, like you said and others as well, surrendering when its just about over. But what about surrendering if you just lose a team fight and still have your tier 2 towers and phoenixes alive? This happens more than you know. People give up when they think it's over. Is it that, the game is so limited you cannot come back from a team fight loss? Or is it just that people don't wanna try and do something magnificent and come back to an amazing play or an amazing win?

    If you truly played other MOBAs before, or ALL of them. Then you would truly understand the fact, that the ones without Surrender options somehow make it through so well and still become a very enjoyable MOBA.

    You should do some research on this matter to see what other people say, because I enjoy this game. But I am tired of my team surrendering in a single team fight loss. As if there really isn't a way to win after such events. Which, I know for a fact, even in SMITE, it is not true. And I bet you know that is not true either. Unless you aren't a competitive person, then you I suppose you wouldn't try to win a game after a team fight loss, or a fire giant fight loss.

    I really do enjoy this game, and I will say it over and over again. I just want to play a full game, not one where it stops when neither side has even 1 level 20 on their team. Nor a full build.

    Please tell me I'm cute again. But what I said isn't wrong, and you know it.

    -Karilis

  10. #10
    A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Bro-Koro
    Posts
    13,644
    30
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Karilis View Post
    I do use LoL a lot. Because they are the VERY FIRST MOBA
    Immediately, you have discredited everything you've said and are going to say because you lack the capacity to check your own damn facts. LoL is not the first MOBA. DotA was. That is, unless you wanna get technically and say it was a Starcraft map. So, yeah, actually know what you're talking about before you say stupid shit.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E



    Muh Concepts


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •