Thread: Argus Panoptes The Many Eyed Giant

Hybrid View

Look behind you... no the other way... c'mon almost there! No, what are you doing? Gods above..
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 611
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Argus Panoptes The Many Eyed Giant

This'll be my first god concept so please make corrections as you see fit as my numbers will likely be off.

There is very little to go on here but I thought a god based around keeping vision across the map would create an awesome concept. As such though the abilities are a little... strange, but since when did Sobek throw people behind him or Bacchus jump like a bunny?

His role will be as a guardian and more specifically he is made to counter invisibility and prevent ganks.

Passive: All seeing eye- For all enemies visible on the map you gain 3 protections. This incentivizes warding as well as keeping an eye on the enemy at all times. Also any enemy who is seen by Argus will be marked on the mp for an additional 5 seconds.

Ability 1)[13 second cooldown] Peacock Patrol- Argus sumons peacocks, maximum of three at a time.

Part A) Argus summons Hera's faithful peacock to assist him. If summoned in lane, within the range of a jungle minion camp, or within 55 units of an enemy player in the jungle the peacock will attack prioritizing minions until Argus is hurt by an enemy or Argus hits an enemy.. The peacock will have a base 100 health that goes up by 50 per level in the ability and recieves 30% of Argus's health as it's own. The peacock will deal have a one use charge attck that can propel itself over 10 units within .5 seconds. The peacock will attack using its beak dealing 15/30/45/60/75 damage per hit with 25% scaling.

Part B) If placed in the jungle the peacock will stay in one area with an effective range of 55 units. If an enemy steps within this range then the peacock will disappear and Argus will have vision of that player for 3 seconds.

Ability 2) [18 second cooldown] Watchful Eye- This ability is meant to be a source of strong crowd control within a teamfight.

Part 1) Argus slows all those within 55 units that are visible to him for 4 seconds . Those on the outer edge of his slow are only slowed by 10% but those within 5 units are slowed by 40% for 1/2/3/4/5 seconds.

Part 2) Enemies who are invisible and enter within 55 units of this ability are slowed by 20% no matter how far or close they are to Argus and are turned visible for 1.25/1.5/1.75/2/2.25 seconds.

Ability 3) [18 second cooldown] Giant's charge- Argus rushes forward up to 20 units dealing 100/150/200/250/300 with 20% scaling to all minions in his path. If he hits a god he deals his damage once and crushes them in his arms which applies a 1.0/1.25/1.50/1.75/2.0 second stun to the god.

Ability 4) [90 Second cooldown] All Seeing Eyes- Argus and his teammates now see every enemy on the map and enemy wards within 20 units are visible for 1/1.5/2/2.5/3
    Last edited by ChrisRobare; 04-01-2017 at 12:36 PM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Cryorus's Avatar
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Interesting idea, his Vision Kit is a bit like the Heimdall Concept I saw here.

For the invisible reveal: reduce the time to 1/1.5/2/2.5/3. Most invis dont last that long. And given they enter alread stealthed the remaining time should be 3-4 sec at max.
    With 5 seconds visible you would render every stealth abillity useless. With 3, seconds at max they have a small Chance of escaping.

His 3 is simple and good

For his ult maybe just give 2/2/2/3/3 Vision on all enemies (like the Ritual did)
    and instead of Camp timer give all your teammates an Aura with 55 Range that works like a sentry ward with 1/2/2/3/4 seconds Buff duration.

Look behind you... no the other way... c'mon almost there! No, what are you doing? Gods above..
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 611
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryorus View Post
    Interesting idea, his Vision Kit is a bit like the Heimdall Concept I saw here.

For the invisible reveal: reduce the time to 1/1.5/2/2.5/3. Most invis dont last that long. And given they enter alread stealthed the remaining time should be 3-4 sec at max.
    With 5 seconds visible you would render every stealth abillity useless. With 3, seconds at max they have a small Chance of escaping.

His 3 is simple and good

For his ult maybe just give 2/2/2/3/3 Vision on all enemies (like the Ritual did)
    and instead of Camp timer give all your teammates an Aura with 55 Range that works like a sentry ward with 1/2/2/3/4 seconds Buff duration.
    Thanks for the advice I'll change the kit!

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    I disagree with user Cryorus. If I am to understand this god. His one and only power is to defend with his line of sight. It is vital that hidden gods fear him or he is useless.

His passive is too weak and unrealiable. I would raise it to 8. The gods have to think tactically to hit him full on or avoid you. You need a strong passive to survive the hard ganking to come and force them into the shadows where the games begin.

I would raise the base of the bird to 200 or higher. Unlike Nu wa he will only have one bird at a time I take it. I would scale down the cooldown to 12 seconds to give you more protection . The bird should should also deal higher damage to pose any real threat. Lastly, I would double the bird's warding to 6 or higher. The god's main power is detection. Ah Muzen Cub's hives do better at detection.

Ability 2 should be increased to a 25 radius. A 5 radius is too close to your god and unlikely to be timed right.

Ability 3 should do additional damage when crushing the god. This is the only offense power the god has besides the birds.

Ability 4 is the god's ultimate right? I strongly suggest giving it more power. Nu Wa, Thanatos, and other gods can do the same thing or a similar thing with more power. I would increase the scaling and make it closer to 10 seconds. I personally think around 20 seconds is best. It does no damage and only really empowers his passive. In fact, you could give ability three an additional slow effect to all enemies effected by All seeing eyes. It would be a combination of two to become even remotely close to Nu Wa's power.

I really like the idea of your god and love summoners myself. I think seeing the birds flock the battlefield would be awesome.
    Last edited by xcase19zero; 04-01-2017 at 02:49 PM.