Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mellonia, Goddess of Honey

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,471
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Conversation Starter Veteran 25000 Experience Points

Mellonia, Goddess of Honey

MELLONIA
    Goddess of Honey

In Roman mythology, Mellonia is an important goddess of bees and of honey and is said to protect the sweetness of honey.

In Smite she is a support-style Mage who aids her allies with her bees and honey. Mellonia is an excellent support and is able to provide high utility, but suffers in the damage and laning department. She is meant to be paired with someone to make them stronger. Mellonia is an upbeat woman who floats around. She wears a large fluffy dress that acts as a beehive. She is accompanied by cute bee companions and she is generally just a happy ball of sunshine. All of her honeybees are named after Roman gods.

PASSIVE - Hivemind
    Mellonia has an area of 30ft around her that connects her to her allies. Every ally within her radius becomes connected to each other, gaining 5 additional HP5 and MP5 for each ally within the area.

ABILITY I - Help From The Hive
    Ability Type: Pet
    Range: 55ft
    AoE: 10ft

Mellonia calls help from her hive, summoning a honeybee minion next to her. This honeybee minion grants Mellonia 15% movement speed. Mellonia can send this honeybee to an ally, which will cause it to follow the ally and grant them the movement speed instead, as well as 10/15/20/25/30% increased healing. Mellonia can also send these to enemy gods to sting them, dealing minor damage and slowing them by 20% for 2s. Mellonia will spawn 1/2/2/3/3/4 honeybees at a time and will send one at a time when targeting. They do not expire unless used, and will die off after 6s of being sent to a target. She cannot send multiple bees on the same target.
    Sting Damage: 60/90/120/150/180 (+40% of your magical power)
    Cost: 50/55/60/65/70
    Cooldown: 14s

ABILITY II - Sweeten
    Ability Type: AoE Buff
    Range: 40ft
    AoE: 20ft

Mellonia buffs allies around her. Buffed allies gain an additional effect on their next ability depending on what it is. Minions who are buffed gain 6/12/18/24/30% increased damage. The buff lasts until they use their next ability. There are 3 types that can be buffed:
    Damage: 5/10/15/20/25% increased damage.
    Buff/Debuff: Potency of effect increased by 4/8/12/16/20%.
    Heal: Heals for 4/8/12/16/20% more.

This ability does not affect ultimates. If the ability used consists of more than one of these categories, both are augmented.
    Cost: 70/75/80/85/90
    Cooldown: 14s

ABILITY III - Honeycomb
    Ability Type: Pet
    Range: 50ft
    AoE: 10ft

Mellonia spawns a floating honeycomb at a target location with a single honeybee tending to it. This honeycomb stores damage that it takes, collecting up to a maximum. It will have a different effect depending on who comes into contact with it at any point. If an enemy touches it, the honeycomb explodes, dealing damage based on how much it stored and stunning them for 1s. If an ally touches it, the honeycomb is eaten and heals them based on how much it stored. Mellonia may have up to 3 on the map at a time. The honeycomb will block incoming attacks and projectiles, but will no longer once it has reached maximum stored damage. Mellonia can destroy these prematurely by basic attacking them.
    Stored Damage: 200/400/600/800/1000
    Enemy Damage: 35/45/55/65/75% of the damage stored, as magical damage.
    Ally Heal: 35/45/55/65/75% of the damage stored.
    Cost: 80
    Cooldown: 15s

ULTIMATE - Mellification
    Ability Type: AoE
    Range: 50ft
    AoE: 20ft

Mellonia summons an AoE of honey on the ground which engulfs the first enemy who comes into contact with it. The enemy becomes encased in honey, being slowed by 20/30/40/50/60% for 3s before the honey hardens, freezing them in place for 1s. Each ability the enemy uses during this time extends the stun by .4s. Mellonia and her allies are able to hit them while encased, but hard CC will not work. The enemy cannot be buffed or debuffed during this time as well.
    Harden Damage: 60/100/140/180/220 (+60% of your magical power)
    Cost: 90
    Cooldown: 70s

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    I really like the idea of you god. I would love to have another powerful healer in Smite.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead OranGemeo's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Very unique concept, I can guarantee I would not enjoy fighting her and the ultimate sounds a bit much, but the abilities are well thought out. I do not think "Sweeten" should affect any ultimate abilities. She would probably have a high enough skill cap due to her 3.

**I love how you do all of your artwork. It inspires me to do some of mine this way. I think she may look a little too much like a bee for my tastes. It'd be better I think if she had more roman clothing and colors with a hint of the yellow/black as maybe a sash.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by OranGemeo View Post
    Very unique concept, I can guarantee I would not enjoy fighting her and the ultimate sounds a bit much, but the abilities are well thought out. I do not think "Sweeten" should affect any ultimate abilities. She would probably have a high enough skill cap due to her 3.

**I love how you do all of your artwork. It inspires me to do some of mine this way. I think she may look a little too much like a bee for my tastes. It'd be better I think if she had more roman clothing and colors with a hint of the yellow/black as maybe a sash.
    When it comes to design it's usually not a good idea to give all of the gods similar clothing, as it makes them blend together and lose character. Mellonia is the goddess of bees, and so I gave her a dress that resembles one and gave her bee-like features. If she was just a normal Roman woman with bee colors it'd be very bland and she'd have no character.

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    I like her 1 and 4 a lot. I'm assuming her 1 works similarly to Agni's halos, in that her bees can't actually be killed(at least not when with an ally/herself). The 3 is interesting, but do I understand it correctly that minion waves would attack it, and that the lone bee attending it also slowly fills up its damage taken? I would hope the bee slowly fills it so you could have a few stashed in the jungle for team mates in transit. At first I was wondering how it would break if it stops taking damage after reaching max capacity but then I realized all an enemy had to do is touch it to get rid of it(like with Artemis traps). All in all seems pretty balanced.

The only thing I think is a bit too problematic is sweeten, if it buffed just 1 ally I could see it doing all that, but since it can be an effective team buff it'd probably be better to just make it a power buff or damage reduction, or both. Shoot even a soft CC immunity buff. It would probably be fine with most gods, there are just some abilities that would be too broken if buffed in such a way. Thanatos 1 for instance, as it already does damage based on target's max health. Or geb's shield(really don't want his shield getting 20% more hp). All in all if it were single target it would be fine, but a team of horribly buffed OP abilities would be too much. I would rather it be a team buff though, so a limited time power/protections buff would be nice. All in all, I really like it.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    I like her 1 and 4 a lot. I'm assuming her 1 works similarly to Agni's halos, in that her bees can't actually be killed(at least not when with an ally/herself). The 3 is interesting, but do I understand it correctly that minion waves would attack it, and that the lone bee attending it also slowly fills up its damage taken? I would hope the bee slowly fills it so you could have a few stashed in the jungle for team mates in transit. At first I was wondering how it would break if it stops taking damage after reaching max capacity but then I realized all an enemy had to do is touch it to get rid of it(like with Artemis traps). All in all seems pretty balanced.

The only thing I think is a bit too problematic is sweeten, if it buffed just 1 ally I could see it doing all that, but since it can be an effective team buff it'd probably be better to just make it a power buff or damage reduction, or both. Shoot even a soft CC immunity buff. It would probably be fine with most gods, there are just some abilities that would be too broken if buffed in such a way. Thanatos 1 for instance, as it already does damage based on target's max health. Or geb's shield(really don't want his shield getting 20% more hp). All in all if it were single target it would be fine, but a team of horribly buffed OP abilities would be too much. I would rather it be a team buff though, so a limited time power/protections buff would be nice. All in all, I really like it.
    With Sweeten I think you might have replied before I changed it back to the original. It no longer buffs ALL types of abilities, it just buffs damage, heals, buffs, and debuffs. It was way too strong so I toned it down.

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Nah the way it is now is the way I read it, though I may have misinterpreted it. It says it increases damage, healing and buff/debuff potency. In my mind that reads gebs shield(buff) would get more max hp, and thanatos 1 would deal more damage(take the damage he does normally including% damage, then buff the end result 25%) which means more healing since it is based on his damage. Then further boost that healing another 20%.

I could be wrong on interpretation though, maybe it just buffs base damage numbers, not scaling or end result damage(keep in mind some abilities crit as well, so if it was just base it would be a lot less damage bonus than if it were end result buffed during a crit)

Since you are saying it doesn't work on all abilities I take it to mean it wouldn't work on things like Ah Muzen Cab hives, I had thought about that potency buff and if it did work and increase the healing, attack speed and movement speed his hives give(20% bonus movement and attack speed, guessing as a flat additional amount though I could be wrong on that as well) and the hives staying until destroyed. That would be kinda cool as they are both bee people, but probably buffing muzen too much. I'm guessing it doesn't affect stuff like hives though, only direct buff/debuffs.

Would it work on things like Amaterasu 1, not just the heal that part is fine but the aura it gives. Would her aura be increased 20%? If yes 20% bonus power on a flat amount isn't that bad, but if 20% on movement speed is an additional amount that'd be 45% movement aura for her team. Personally I'd probably never use her 1 again after buffing it like that unless I died and wanted the buff back.

I guess a big question on the buff/debuff side would be is it additional 20%, or 20% of its current increase. In other words, would kulkulkan 2 give 100% additional movement speed, or 96% additional movement speed. Or a more drastic difference, would fafnir's team buff increase attack speed by 70%, or 60%(while also confused on how it would handle the damage side of that ability as it is a little unique). Perhaps it would be best to use lower percantages though, would fafnir's rank 1 coerce increase the team's attack speed by 30%, or 12%.

Also does the ability affect herself? If it does affect herself, could she buff sweeten with sweeten? I'd assume even if she COULD buff herself that that wouldn't be allowed otherwise it could just keep going up and up(unless there was a cap on it). Also if she could buff herself, can she buff her honeycomb? I'd think not otherwise it is like muzen's hives, but within her own kit it would allow her honeycomb to deal closer to 100% damage absorbed.

I'm sorry if I'm going into this too much, I am just genuinely interested and would like to better understand how the ability works.

I was also wondering, about her honeycomb, I'm assuming minions will attack it which is fine but how will it be treated by them? Will it be secondary to other minions, on par with other minions, or would it have a degree of minion taunt like Loki's decoy? If it did taunt like Loki, would their minions ignore your allies attacking enemy gods while they attack the honeycomb? If it does have a degree of taunt(even if they still attack when you attack gods) would it also work in jungle camps? If it does I'd assume you wouldn't actually need the worker bee tending to it as you could place them at jungle camps to soak damage and help your jungler's sustain while also being able to place them at enemy jungle camps so if 1 fully charges and an enemy jungler leaps into it without looking you could end up stealing a camp with the explosion(which would be funny). It would limit placement options to where there is something to attack it for it to be effective, but could help when taking camps yourself or with an ally as it would soak the damage for you, and placing 1 at harpy camps at mid would quickly charge for mid to have a heal ready or just plain help them take the camp while it tanks. If you do decide on such a route, please don't let it be targeted by structures. Soaking 1000 tower/phoenix damage before it can target something might be a bit much(I realize that is only like 3-4 hits but still)

Again I could be wrong and minions etc won't even attack it, it just blocks ranged basic attacks and fills via worker bee. Doesn't hurt to ask right?