Thread: Does Herc need a nerf on his healing?

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Foxkid_8's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 439
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Does Herc need a nerf on his healing?

He's the only non-guardian I've ever come across who can literally 3 or 5 v 1 and barely suffer for the decision because he'll just heal back everything you did to him unaffected by anti heal and just throw it back on with protections on top of it.

Is a 2 second cooldown increase really enough to "bring him into line" for that kind of sustain or does he need to have at least a 30-40% reduction in how effectively he can just run into something and leave at virtually full health afterwards?

(and yes, I've bought pestilience, divine ruin, and curse for this man before and it makes no dents when I'm playing guardian for the higher damage dealers)
    Loki, hunters, and Artio are bull s***.

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    I've never had much of an issue with Hercules myself.

Though, I tend to play a lot of damage dealers and will actually build into penetration and anti-heal.

Standard Divine Ruin/Brawler's Beat Stick 40% heal reduction turns his Mitigate Wounds from healing 70% of the damage he took into healing 28% of the damage he took. That's a lot of reduction from just 1 item.

I mean, technically, you can forgo anti-heal for dealing with Herc, provided you burst him down within the 4 seconds of his heal (Or let him pop it and then focus on other targets for 4 seconds)

Really, the main thing making Herc so strong is his CC is very potent. So easy for him to pull someone out of position and make a fight 5v4 or cause an disadvantageous engage to save the plucked person.

That and Shield of Regrowth... Sanic Hercules is really obnoxious (Especially with 20% CDR from that and then 20% CDR from the BoV you always pick up to cap CDR so early)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Chosen RandomToon's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 687
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    Part of the issue is down time. At 15 seconds, with 40% CDR, Herc has his 3 up every 9 seconds. It has a 4 second duration, so almost half the time he is healing\buffing himself. A simple increase to 17 seconds changes that to 10.2 seconds, so his downtime goes from 5 seconds to 6.2 seconds (a 24% increase in his down time). It may not sound like a lot, but I think it will be more impactful than people realize. It might not.

Either way, I would rather they do small changes as opposed to huge ones and end up over nerfing - they tend to suck at bringing people back up...
    Remember The Manticore

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    If they're gonna nerf this ability, this is the way to do it. A small change that does have an impact, but not one so great that it reduces Herc to a slime mold with biceps.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 784
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    hmmm sometimes don't you guys like certain Gods imbalanced in specific ways. Makes them special and I dunno...

Like for Hercules, I don't know how the Roman myths are for him, but growing up I watched the Kevin Sorbo adaptation of Hercules along with the cartoons and he was more or less this guy who could take on anything despite the odds. (Really bummed out that I started playing Smite after the 10M rewards... [20M rewards were poop])

But yeah point I'm trying to make his... sure his other skills are cool in their own way... but his ability to fight forever just makes him Herc to me. And I don't mind the imbalance it presents, as it's not like he is so OP that other warriors aren't viable. SPL gets a good variety of Warrior play, that's for sure

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 633
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomToon View Post
    Part of the issue is down time. At 15 seconds, with 40% CDR, Herc has his 3 up every 9 seconds. It has a 4 second duration, so almost half the time he is healing\buffing himself. A simple increase to 17 seconds changes that to 10.2 seconds, so his downtime goes from 5 seconds to 6.2 seconds (a 24% increase in his down time). It may not sound like a lot, but I think it will be more impactful than people realize. It might not.

Either way, I would rather they do small changes as opposed to huge ones and end up over nerfing - they tend to suck at bringing people back up...
    Well won't you be happy? HR just loves doing small changes as opposed to big ones 75% of the time.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 462
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I don't know, I like 1v5'ing people under their tower at level 10 in Clash since people are barely on their second item's build. I decided to go with the flow while I can, bought the Hunk skin, voice pack and it's ridiculously fun. "Gains mann gainsss."
    "There are a great deal of memorable chants, speeches, poems, lines and songs throughout our short time encompassing this planet. This, was not one of them." - Elfa 2006

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    The heal is the only thing keeping the guy in the meta, i think it's fine. Can he zone 3 gods himself? Yes, that's his job. Even then he's only managing to do so with the right build - shield of regrowth is god's gift to him increasing his health pool, giving mobility boosts and of course 20% CDR for that heal. Thus that and Breastplate means maxed CDR and tanky as sin.