Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How did you learn?

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 356

How did you learn?

I'm wondering how most of you learned how to play conquest?
    I did the tutorial and it was pretty bare-bones. Didn't explain what shorthand and "slang" terms the players would be using etc.
    When I joined my first match everyone started saying random stuff and locking in. As a new player I only have about 5 gods mastered so I picked one I felt the most comfortable playing a new game on.

I was immediately called names, told to pick a specific god (that I had never played before) so I did. When the game started I got yelled at again for going the "wrong way", and then was called a "feeder" and reported by everyone in the game.

So my question is, how did you learn what all these slang terms were, where to go, which God to pick etc?
    I tried watching a few youtube videos but they were also using these slang terms I didn't understand.

Calm and kind responses appreciated!

Thanks

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 31 days registered 500 Experience Points
    Well, I play on ps4 so I don't really see the slang terms much. Typically you learn slang through the internet like these forums if you mean stuff like SWK for sun wukong. A lot of the time I see slang and I'm just like, what are you even talking about(like izzy for izanami). As for learning how to play, I had played league of legends before so I already had an introduction to mobas but in general I like to read in game and see what kinds of abilities the gods have and items I can use. I took a day looking at all the items, as for gods I looked over them all a little but honestly that only helps so much. You gotta get real experience with a god to actually get a good grasp on how to play as and against them. Of course on ps4 there is no in game text chat and it is rare to find someone using their mic so other than vgs commands(like attack middle lane etc) there isn't a whole lot of communication. Of course if I hadn't already been introduced to mobas I'd imagine it would've taken me 3-4 days to figure everything out. It took me 2 days learning all of league of legends' items when I had first started playing that, but that experience made learning the items here that much easier. If you want you could always watch videos of gameplay or live streams to help gain an understanding of typical strategies, just remember you have to ultimately make in game decisions for yourself. A common strategy doesn't always work, there are counters to almost everything when it comes to strategic decisions.

Member Follower
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 261
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I can recomend going on youtube searching for a guy called Dukesloth, he has a lot of guides to smite, everything from slangs to gameplay

Member Follower
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 261
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I learned the hard way when smite was new, had some friends who had played it a little bitt and together we learned the game when wiki didnt contain anything usefull and there was no tips about smite

Senior Member Honoured JustRun175's Avatar
    Finally changing my avatar... and it's still the same god
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    I learned conquest by watching streamers on twitch,watching guides from pros and guides in general. Also playing it and getting used to the low base gold and exp(like the gold u get doing nothing) Once you get used to that stuff and lvl 1 with a god it should be smooth sailing for you, especially late game gods
    http://smite.guru/stats/xb/JustRun175/summary Old xbox account with most my smite time.
    http://smite.guru/profile/pc/JustRun175 Current pc account. Now I only play on Pc. Story short: xbox ppl think smite and shooters are the same and should be thought of the same way.

Senior Member Honoured RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 631
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    By playing it.
    Rocking the boat

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 234
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Here is the thing OP, i have experienced the exact same thing, and in every match since my first one. People in conquest (normal) are horrid horrid plebs who are know it all try hards. For this reason i really dislike conquest and the way hi rez bases the game around it. In (ranked) it is 1000 times worse. i dont even play ranked anymore due to peoples shit attitude. I for one usually mute everyone and just play the way i want with the god i want win or lose the only way to learn is to play. even watching vids cant take the place of actual experience. And when ever some says stuff to you just report them for harrassment some of these players lose site of the fact its just a game and you should enjoy playing. people like that ruin this game and really should go back to dota or what ever hell they climbed out of.
    www.5Dclan.com

our Ts3 Server:
    63.210.145.160:9102

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 234
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    i did watch some of dukes stuff and he is spot on i must say, here is a great vid from him https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBFVLrpzso4

also check out mask https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDV...yzlDDNU5YwJ0Aw
    www.5Dclan.com

our Ts3 Server:
    63.210.145.160:9102

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 31 days registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBlack304 View Post
    Here is the thing OP, i have experienced the exact same thing, and in every match since my first one. People in conquest (normal) are horrid horrid plebs who are know it all try hards. For this reason i really dislike conquest and the way hi rez bases the game around it. In (ranked) it is 1000 times worse. i dont even play ranked anymore due to peoples shit attitude. I for one usually mute everyone and just play the way i want with the god i want win or lose the only way to learn is to play. even watching vids cant take the place of actual experience. And when ever some says stuff to you just report them for harrassment some of these players lose site of the fact its just a game and you should enjoy playing. people like that ruin this game and really should go back to dota or what ever hell they climbed out of.
    It is just a game, but if you go around purposefully feeding and trolling your team because that is how you personally have fun(this is an example, not what I think you do), you are ruining the other players' experience. Take a game of basketball, people wouldn't like it if you just gave the opposing team the ball all the time. I'm not talking about it getting stolen, I'm talking about you get the ball and immediately hand it over to the opposing team. Body block your own team mates etc. In the end you'd be kicked from the game and not allowed to play it. Since matchmaking is kinda random and you can't actually block players we can't really do that here. Mute people who are bugging you and/or trying to harass you, but keep your team's feelings in mind as well while you play. Don't just do whatever you want for you to have fun unless you have a premade team where everyone has a mutual understanding of what to expect from each other. If you are queuing up solo you should have fun sure, just not at the expense of 2-4 others(by that I mean don't constantly follow the jungler around to help them get spotted, don't purposefully feed, don't ymir troll people with his walls etc).

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 272
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 7 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorfindal View Post
    I can recomend going on youtube searching for a guy called Dukesloth, he has a lot of guides to smite, everything from slangs to gameplay
    yeah, i'm new to smite and he has a good tutorial from newbie to advanced. very helpful as he explain things well.