View Poll Results: Which are your favorite concepts?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Erebus, the Embodiment of Darkness by Pickles

3 23.08%
  • Kagutsuchi, Lord of Fire by inferno18

6 46.15%
  • Bragi, the God of Poetry by OranGemeo

0 0%
  • Prometheus, Champion of Mankind by RazrTongue

2 15.38%
  • Terpsichore, Muse of Dance by SwirlixDen

1 7.69%
  • Han Xiangzi, The Immortal Flutist by Epibrutemetheos

3 23.08%
  • Brigid, Goddess of Spring, Healing, Poetry, and Smiths by thatoneoboegirl

4 30.77%
  • The Dagda, Father of Strength by MathCity10-20

0 0%
  • Hecate, Goddess of Witchcraft by Oberhode

2 15.38%
  • Caerus, Opportunity Incarnate by Epibrutemetheos

2 15.38%
  • Tefnut, Tigress of Water by OranGemeo

0 0%
  • Ayauhteotl, Keeper of Mist and Smoke by Zipper1204

2 15.38%
  • Lugh of the Long-Arm by Cloudhammer

4 30.77%
  • Aibell, Queen of the Banshees by thatoneoboegirl

3 23.08%
  • Li Tian, The Inventor by KingDiamondZone

3 23.08%
  • Irra, bringer of diseases by Palodios

2 15.38%
  • Jiraiya, The Gallant by Razrtongue

1 7.69%
  • Ebisu, God of Luck by MathCity10-20

2 15.38%
  • Tsukuyomi, the mesmerizing night by LumenandUmbra

1 7.69%
  • Ayao, Orisha of Wind by inferno18

4 30.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: [March - May] God Concept Challenge

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Ok then

I have 2 ideas but I suppose I'll go with the second one... I'll tell you the first one as well anyway.

1st: Gods that can temporarily (or even permanently) exceed Smite's stat caps. Meaning a god could have over 2.5 AS, over 325 physical/magical protection, over 5500 HP and so forth. I'm not using this theme this time though.

2nd (official): A god that has direct interactions with allies and revolve greatly around that mechanic. And I'm NOT talking about just buffing/healing here. I have a few examples = Aphro from smite, Io from Dota, Kalista/Tahm kench/Taric/(Bard?) from league. 4 of these examples utilize a tether mechanic but that is most certainly not necessary.
    This theme has the high possibility of birthing troll gods but I still believe the theme is unique and very much plausible, just requires a tad more thinking I suppose.

What do you think?
    Feel free to add me in SMITE

- [ Doing detailed God concept reviews on request (But only when I feel like it )] -

Senior Member Honoured redmist456's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 679
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudhammer View Post
    Ok then

I have 2 ideas but I suppose I'll go with the second one... I'll tell you the first one as well anyway.

1st: Gods that can temporarily (or even permanently) exceed Smite's stat caps. Meaning a god could have over 2.5 AS, over 325 physical/magical protection, over 5500 HP and so forth. I'm not using this theme this time though.

2nd (official): A god that has direct interactions with allies and revolve greatly around that mechanic. And I'm NOT talking about just buffing/healing here. I have a few examples = Aphro from smite, Io from Dota, Kalista/Tahm kench/Taric/(Bard?) from league. 4 of these examples utilize a tether mechanic but that is most certainly not necessary.
    This theme has the high possibility of birthing troll gods but I still believe the theme is unique and very much plausible, just requires a tad more thinking I suppose.

What do you think?
    I very much like the latter idea. Yes there may be "trolls", but my rebuttal to that statement is "Couldn't you "troll" with an Ymir Wall, or a poorly-placed Awilix ult, or even Khepri ult". You can make any existing god in SMITE be a troll, but that's what separates good players from naughty players. It just boils down to: Do you know your team well, or do you have enough of a healthy communication with the team?

Anyways, my original stance with the latter's thematic choosing will remain undeterred; go link and have fun
    Hello Smite, I'm Dad.

MY NEW CONCEPT HUB:

REDMIST456 CONCEPT HUB

POLYNESIAN PANTHEON GOD CONCEPT THREAD

I'm also planning on starting a concept review (I'll try my best). If you want, PM me so I can review your concepts. Just a little something I want to do to become more connected to the SMITE community.

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurasai View Post
    A year ago we had 40-50 concepts for most god concept challenges. I wanted to try and get more people to join the god concept challenge, hence the 3 themes and why this challenge took so long. While I'd be ok to have 3 winners on 3 themes, with only 2 concepts in 1 of the themes it just wont work out.

Restricting gods to only 1 damage type and making them only able to purchase items of that damage type was imo the worst gameplay decision that Hi-Rez took during the Beta of Smite. We had plenty of hybrid playstyles with old Freya and facepunch Ymir. While this made balancing gods much easier, it made the kits of the gods in each role extremely similar and boring.

As much as I wanted HiRez to never make that change, they did it and that changed the game into the one we are playing today. With that in mind, I think this theme strays a bit too much from the way Smite is now and at the same time, people may not utilize the idea behind it as they can just make a normal hunter/mage that scales from both physical and magical items.
    hey there. can I have your opinion on this post where I expressed my idea to bring new paritipants? sorry if this is too much trouble, but I would like to know what are your thoughts on this.

ok... so I have a suggestion as to how to bring more participants/voters. it's unconventional and probably unlikely, but hear me out: try rewarding participants/voters with physical rewards. probably by rewarding them with in-game material. but that's... probably not on the budget so... whatever happens happens.

Forum Moderator Prestigious Aurasai's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 430
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! First Class Arm of the Law! Party Person Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Razrtongue View Post
    hey there. can I have your opinion on this post where I expressed my idea to bring new paritipants? sorry if this is too much trouble, but I would like to know what are your thoughts on this.
    ok... so I have a suggestion as to how to bring more participants/voters. it's unconventional and probably unlikely, but hear me out: try rewarding participants/voters with physical rewards. probably by rewarding them with in-game material. but that's... probably not on the budget so... whatever happens happens.
    It's quite easy to cheat with the polls and people will have an incentive to do so with actual rewards. Aside of that, this contest has nothing to do with HiRez and is more of a forum game. I also prefer to not make this an official contest.

Ok then

What do you think?
    Based on the second theme, how about gods that have some sort of a permanent interaction with an ally? Like skills that require you to have an ally (as much as I hate those).
    Last edited by Aurasai; 07-03-2017 at 10:55 AM.

Other stuff: Supremacy game mode and item suggestions

Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    It's quite easy to cheat with the polls and people will have an incentive to do so with actual rewards. Aside of that, this contest has nothing to do with HiRez and is more of a forum game. I also prefer to not make this an official contest.
    yeah... I supposed that is true. although I would like more competitors, I can't think of a way as to how to invite more pariticipants. I guess that's all up to you

.I have 2 ideas but I suppose I'll go with the second one... I'll tell you the first one as well anyway.

What do you think?
    Based on the second theme, how about gods that have some sort of a permanent interaction with an ally? Like skills that require you to have an ally (as much as I hate those).
    I was also going to ask something like this. does the theme revolve around a single ability, or can it be multiple different abilties that interact with allies? cuz I already have something for the latter.

Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    The thing I dislike about that idea is the word permanent. That almost sounds like forcing that god into a duo lane with no other real possibilities... Or making that mechanic global... interesting but nah.
    The original idea "Gods with DIRECT interaction(s) with allies" still sounds good to me. (Of course the abilities can still function without allies as well, not limiting that.

Abilities like these in smite already exist but are few in number, the coolest one thus far probably being nox's dash that enter allies. Other abilities like this are probably.. aphro's kiss with the tether mechanic that allows dual casting of the knockback. Also Janus' portal kinda falls into the category but are borderline. And yeah, Morrigan's ult as well (I guess?). They exist see, but in a very borderline fashion.

I'm NOT looking for abilities that just require an ally to cast like Khepri's ult, geb's shield etc. But abilities that truly interact with allies in a meaningful way. Dota has this thing common in many heroes, league is starting to adapt it more and more with the kinds of Tahm Kench and such but Smite is lacking and I'm interested in seeing what people can come up with.

Hope that answers Razrtongue's question as well. Yes, many abilities that interact with allies are K!
    And also remember that only new concepts can be entered in the new contest. If it already exists on the forums, it can't enter. (If I remember the rules correctly) ... Or maybe you jsut have the IDEA for a concept ready.. meh

- [ Doing detailed God concept reviews on request (But only when I feel like it )] -

Achievements:
    The thing I dislike about that idea is the word permanent. That almost sounds like forcing that god into a duo lane with no other real possibilities... Or making that mechanic global... interesting but nah.
    The original idea "Gods with DIRECT interaction(s) with allies" still sounds good to me. (Of course the abilities can still function without allies as well, not limiting that.

Abilities like these in smite already exist but are few in number, the coolest one thus far probably being nox's dash that enter allies. Other abilities like this are probably.. aphro's kiss with the tether mechanic that allows dual casting of the knockback. Also Janus' portal kinda falls into the category but are borderline. And yeah, Morrigan's ult as well (I guess?). They exist see, but in a very borderline fashion.

I'm NOT looking for abilities that just require an ally to cast like Khepri's ult, geb's shield etc. But abilities that truly interact with allies in a meaningful way. Dota has this thing common in many heroes, league is starting to adapt it more and more with the kinds of Tahm Kench and such but Smite is lacking and I'm interested in seeing what people can come up with.

Hope that answers Razrtongue's question as well. Yes, many abilities that interact with allies are K!
    And also remember that only new concepts can be entered in the new contest. If it already exists on the forums, it can't enter. (If I remember the rules correctly) ... Or maybe you jsut have the IDEA for a concept ready.. meh
    I understand the idea behind the theme, but setting the guidelines to what can actually fit into the theme can be a bit problematic. Can you give a specific mechanic (or several) on how such an ability would function to be accepted?

Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Achievements:
    I understand the idea behind the theme, but setting the guidelines to what can actually fit into the theme can be a bit problematic. Can you give a specific mechanic (or several) on how such an ability would function to be accepted?
    I'm pretty much fine with all kinds of interactions but won't be accepting abilities that ONLY buff/heal allies. If it comes down to what's k, I can even check all the concepts for this theme personally.
    I really don't want to limit the interactions much more. I'm extremely keen on seeing what kind of interactions we can get. Will it be Crazy Dota/LoL- level shenanigans or just some lame SMITE- level interactions. We could have throwing allies, eating allies, transporting allies, re-locating allies, merging with allies, tethers, dual casting from all allies, interaction with multiple allies at once, abilities that work on both allies and enemies... and the list goes on. there's too much goodness, I can't limit it. Just not those boring "I'll heal and increase your AS" type of abilities.

EDIT: You can even direct all questions about this theme to me if that's what you wish

Sorry for the bad reply. Nonetheless, I'll check all of these personally.

Achievements: