View Poll Results: Which are your favorite concepts?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Erebus, the Embodiment of Darkness by Pickles

3 23.08%
  • Kagutsuchi, Lord of Fire by inferno18

6 46.15%
  • Bragi, the God of Poetry by OranGemeo

0 0%
  • Prometheus, Champion of Mankind by RazrTongue

2 15.38%
  • Terpsichore, Muse of Dance by SwirlixDen

1 7.69%
  • Han Xiangzi, The Immortal Flutist by Epibrutemetheos

3 23.08%
  • Brigid, Goddess of Spring, Healing, Poetry, and Smiths by thatoneoboegirl

4 30.77%
  • The Dagda, Father of Strength by MathCity10-20

0 0%
  • Hecate, Goddess of Witchcraft by Oberhode

2 15.38%
  • Caerus, Opportunity Incarnate by Epibrutemetheos

2 15.38%
  • Tefnut, Tigress of Water by OranGemeo

0 0%
  • Ayauhteotl, Keeper of Mist and Smoke by Zipper1204

2 15.38%
  • Lugh of the Long-Arm by Cloudhammer

4 30.77%
  • Aibell, Queen of the Banshees by thatoneoboegirl

3 23.08%
  • Li Tian, The Inventor by KingDiamondZone

3 23.08%
  • Irra, bringer of diseases by Palodios

2 15.38%
  • Jiraiya, The Gallant by Razrtongue

1 7.69%
  • Ebisu, God of Luck by MathCity10-20

2 15.38%
  • Tsukuyomi, the mesmerizing night by LumenandUmbra

1 7.69%
  • Ayao, Orisha of Wind by inferno18

4 30.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: [March - May] God Concept Challenge

King of the Piplups Chosen inferno18's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 901
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Party Person Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Neato! I'd like my theme to be Gods with an Ultimate Cooldown that can be drastically reduced (Such as AMC's ulti with the stinger pickup). By drastically reduced, I mean with the cooldown being reduced by at least 60% or more. I'd love to see what creative things people can make out of this.
    IGN in Smite is SamurottsFury. Friend me if you want cancer.
    I identify as Piplup's sassiness; Don't ask questions
    I is also a three time God Concept contest winner ~~
    My Concepts

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead thatoneoboegirl's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 552
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Congrats to the Cloudhammer and inferno18!

Is it the best 2 out of the 3 themes that wins this poll? Or are there 3 winners for the 3 themes? If I did my math right, then my concept for Brigid wins the Arts theme, correct?

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 264
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    ok... so I have a suggestion as to how to bring more participants/voters. it's unconventional and probably unlikely, but hear me out: try rewarding participants/voters with physical rewards. probably by rewarding them with in-game material. but that's... probably not on the budget so... whatever happens happens.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by thatoneoboegirl View Post
    Congrats to the Cloudhammer and inferno18!

Is it the best 2 out of the 3 themes that wins this poll? Or are there 3 winners for the 3 themes? If I did my math right, then my concept for Brigid wins the Arts theme, correct?
    Aurasai combined the Arts theme and Rework theme due to a lack of concepts in them, so it's unfortunate but you made a great concept, so well done to you.
    Last edited by inferno18; 07-01-2017 at 11:30 PM.
    My Concepts

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by inferno18 View Post
    Aurasai combined the Arts theme and Rework theme due to a lack of concepts in them, so it's unfortunate but you made a great concept, so well done to you.
    I definitely don't want to take away the elation of winning one of the themes, but I'm having a little difficulty understanding how exactly that came to be, given that Aurasai hasn't commented about combining the Arts and Rework themes. I was hoping the rule of "The same person cannot win both themes" would apply, but if Aurasai comments saying that he did in fact combine Arts/Rework themes, then I will be more than happy to respect his judgment.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by thatoneoboegirl View Post
    I definitely don't want to take away the elation of winning one of the themes, but I'm having a little difficulty understanding how exactly that came to be, given that Aurasai hasn't commented about combining the Arts and Rework themes. I was hoping the rule of "The same person cannot win both themes" would apply, but if Aurasai comments saying that he did in fact combine Arts/Rework themes, then I will be more than happy to respect his judgment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurasai View Post
    There will be 2 winners, one of whom will be selected from the reworks and gods of art theme combined, and the other from the unique basic attack theme.
    The three theme idea would've been better when there was alot of people doing the challenge like one year ago, but the challenge and this whole God Concept subforum has slowly become more barren. It's a shame because I love making concepts.
    My Concepts

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Razrtongue View Post
    ok... so I have a suggestion as to how to bring more participants/voters. it's unconventional and probably unlikely, but hear me out: try rewarding participants/voters with physical rewards. probably by rewarding them with in-game material. but that's... probably not on the budget so... whatever happens happens.
    Yes, that is unlikely I think.
    Nonetheless, we HAVE lost quite a bit contestants over time so some measures might be in place. I'm all up for some conventional advertising. Let more people know about the contest. There are many people out there who are most certainly willing to come here and participate but don't know of the contest's existence. That's what I think at least.
    A reddit thread in the smite subforum that directly invites people to give it a shot might immediately bring a few contestants. Stuff like that.
    then again, who really knows
    Feel free to add me in SMITE

- [ Doing detailed God concept reviews on request (But only when I feel like it )] -

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by inferno18 View Post
    The three theme idea would've been better when there was alot of people doing the challenge like one year ago, but the challenge and this whole God Concept subforum has slowly become more barren. It's a shame because I love making concepts.
    Whoops, I didn't go back far enough in the comments to see Aurasai already commented on that! My sincerest apologies! Oh well, there's always next time then

Frankly, I'm surprised more people aren't submitting concepts. There are so many gods/legendary figures in so many pantheons that would fit well into the game. At the same time, original themes are becoming rare as there have been so many used, so it makes sense. I actually have several friends who research/are into pagan religions and are gamers who would bring a lot of ideas to the table. Get more people involved!

Forum Moderator Prestigious Aurasai's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 430
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! First Class Arm of the Law! Party Person Veteran
    A year ago we had 40-50 concepts for most god concept challenges. I wanted to try and get more people to join the god concept challenge, hence the 3 themes and why this challenge took so long. While I'd be ok to have 3 winners on 3 themes, with only 2 concepts in 1 of the themes it just wont work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudhammer View Post
    Ooh, I got the win from the other theme
    I actually haven't thought of any themes in advance. Luckily I just came up with one after thinking about the newest addition to League, Kayn.

So, an interesting one and most likely one that no-one has really ever thought of: A Hybrid god.
    -> Benefiting from physical and magical items and possibly being able to purchase both types of items. Or just a basic-attack based god that also deals plenty of magic damage with their abilities but that magical damage scales with physical power. Something like that, the possibilities are great here.

Can change if the theme seems too hard.
    Restricting gods to only 1 damage type and making them only able to purchase items of that damage type was imo the worst gameplay decision that Hi-Rez took during the Beta of Smite. We had plenty of hybrid playstyles with old Freya and facepunch Ymir. While this made balancing gods much easier, it made the kits of the gods in each role extremely similar and boring.

As much as I wanted HiRez to never make that change, they did it and that changed the game into the one we are playing today. With that in mind, I think this theme strays a bit too much from the way Smite is now and at the same time, people may not utilize the idea behind it as they can just make a normal hunter/mage that scales from both physical and magical items.

Other stuff: Supremacy game mode and item suggestions

Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Ok then, having heard that, I suppose I'll choose another theme instead then. Will be posting it briefly as I come up with it
    Feel free to add me in SMITE

- [ Doing detailed God concept reviews on request (But only when I feel like it )] -