Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How's my Cernunnos build?

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 283
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter

How's my Cernunnos build?

Hi everyone, Anhurmes here. That's right I'm back! Not that anyone will remember or care, but hey, I'm happy to be here at least. So I've started playing Cernunnos on console today, and I have to say, I'm stoked. He's my favorite God out of my favorite pantheon, and I've been waiting on him to be released for a while now. It's a dream come true! Anyways, I made this build on PC while I was waiting for the patch to hit, and I just need an outside opinion on it, if anyone is willing to help out. It's pretty much in order except for Qin's and Poisoned.

Warrior's Tabi, Executioner(titan's bane?), Wind Demon, Qin's Sais(fatalis?/crusher), Posioned star(death bringer?), Bloodforge(Asi?).

I realize it could use some pen, and I might have a little too much attack speed. and I built a lot of these to enhance some of the different season's effect rather than relying totally on just the ability itself. I would like to also point out that I had not kept do quest in mind in building this, aiming more so for the "casual" game modes, though any advice in that would be more than welcome as well.

Warrior's tabi:Rather straightforward, it's surperior to Ninja's because of the amount of attack speed already present.

Executioner: Obviously to enhance Autumn, but again, I don't think it's enough, hence why I sometimes build crusher. I would also like to have the option of titan's bane, but I'm worried on losing out on a lot of attack speed. Thoughts?

Wind Demon: A very good item right now that just does so much. Though, I was thinking deathbringer insteadmight possibly be a better option to go alongside poisoned star. It's still essentially a core item for me.

Qin's Sais/Crusher: I was aiming for this one to go along with Summer. But I honestly think that qin's is the weakest part of this build, so I've been experimenting with crusher instead, because it gives more pen and the same attack speed. It's also nice to have abilities off more often, but i realize it does work against his 1. However, I was thinking Qin's it might be better against squishes and that perhaps the extra damage might make up for the lost deathbringer damage.

Poisoned Star: I thought the slow was kind of weak on Winter, so I thought that building poisoned star over fatalis might be a better option for boxing and give essentially the same effect, but help the team as well. I think it's nice to have another tool besides his one and 2 to pin down enemies with. I don't think building three crit items is a good idea, but I also feel so weird not having deathbringer for that extra crit damage. I've considered building that and fatalis over Poisoned and Qin's, but I feel like that's still harmful for my DPS.

Bloodforge: A no-brainer for Spring. This item is still core as well, Good for snowballing in team fights, diving in, and surviving. I thought of building Asi as a permanent item, but Bloodforge gives Cernunnos the power he needs, and helps with boxing. I think now I would only build it early game in conquest. Devo's Gloves is perhaps a viable option for substitutuion, but I think this one is core as well. My only thoughts on changing this one is that perhaps it should be swapped with Qin's Sais for when I build it for an earlier power spike.

Now that I've rambled on about my thoughts, what do y'all think? What are your builds for Cernunnos right now? Anything would be vastly appreciated!
    For Shovelry...

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 1,491
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Don't build Qins and Crit together, and don't bother with Poison Star at all. Your lifesteal is way too late in your build. I have been going-

Transcendence
    Ninja Tabi
    Fatalis/Asi
    Qins
    Titan's Bane/Executioner
    Crusher/O-Bow

If you want crit, go Wind Demon + Deathbringer or Malice + Deathbringer. If you want lifesteal, build it early. Keep in mind as well that you do not have am attack speed steroid so you do want some attack speed items.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran Party Person
    I hope we are playing conquest. You should pick up deaths toll as a starter item even jungeling with him. (1. Warrior tabi) (2.Lifesteal/attackspeed= asi/dev//odysseus bow) (3. Lifesteal/attackspeed= asi/fatalis/odysseus bow) (4. Crit= wind demon/posion star) (5. Crit/wind demon/posion star/deathbringer) (6. Pen= titansbane)....
    .................................Odysseus bow is a good item to start with after boots as it gives a lot of attackspeed early. Dont build fatalis to early as you will have no dmg to compensate for its weak stats. You can of course go executioners after building (2. item lifesteal) and go into crits ending with titans bane, but that depends on the enemy team and if you wanna focus on objectives instead........................................... ......
    .............Fatalis is almost a must if your going crit though as this is the most common build these days. If your going tankshred you can go into executioners and quin instead of crits.

Senior Member Honoured
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Anhurmes View Post
    Hi everyone, Anhurmes here. That's right I'm back! Not that anyone will remember or care, but hey, I'm happy to be here at least. So I've started playing Cernunnos on console today, and I have to say, I'm stoked. He's my favorite God out of my favorite pantheon, and I've been waiting on him to be released for a while now. It's a dream come true! Anyways, I made this build on PC while I was waiting for the patch to hit, and I just need an outside opinion on it, if anyone is willing to help out. It's pretty much in order except for Qin's and Poisoned.

Warrior's Tabi, Executioner(titan's bane?), Wind Demon, Qin's Sais(fatalis?/crusher), Posioned star(death bringer?), Bloodforge(Asi?).

I realize it could use some pen, and I might have a little too much attack speed. and I built a lot of these to enhance some of the different season's effect rather than relying totally on just the ability itself. I would like to also point out that I had not kept do quest in mind in building this, aiming more so for the "casual" game modes, though any advice in that would be more than welcome as well.

Warrior's tabi:Rather straightforward, it's surperior to Ninja's because of the amount of attack speed already present.

Executioner: Obviously to enhance Autumn, but again, I don't think it's enough, hence why I sometimes build crusher. I would also like to have the option of titan's bane, but I'm worried on losing out on a lot of attack speed. Thoughts?

Wind Demon: A very good item right now that just does so much. Though, I was thinking deathbringer insteadmight possibly be a better option to go alongside poisoned star. It's still essentially a core item for me.

Qin's Sais/Crusher: I was aiming for this one to go along with Summer. But I honestly think that qin's is the weakest part of this build, so I've been experimenting with crusher instead, because it gives more pen and the same attack speed. It's also nice to have abilities off more often, but i realize it does work against his 1. However, I was thinking Qin's it might be better against squishes and that perhaps the extra damage might make up for the lost deathbringer damage.

Poisoned Star: I thought the slow was kind of weak on Winter, so I thought that building poisoned star over fatalis might be a better option for boxing and give essentially the same effect, but help the team as well. I think it's nice to have another tool besides his one and 2 to pin down enemies with. I don't think building three crit items is a good idea, but I also feel so weird not having deathbringer for that extra crit damage. I've considered building that and fatalis over Poisoned and Qin's, but I feel like that's still harmful for my DPS.

Bloodforge: A no-brainer for Spring. This item is still core as well, Good for snowballing in team fights, diving in, and surviving. I thought of building Asi as a permanent item, but Bloodforge gives Cernunnos the power he needs, and helps with boxing. I think now I would only build it early game in conquest. Devo's Gloves is perhaps a viable option for substitutuion, but I think this one is core as well. My only thoughts on changing this one is that perhaps it should be swapped with Qin's Sais for when I build it for an earlier power spike.

Now that I've rambled on about my thoughts, what do y'all think? What are your builds for Cernunnos right now? Anything would be vastly appreciated!
    You obviously play to much arena, attacksped is very strong on him as you proc is extra dmg from his 1-summerform i think?... And bloodforge is a no go unless you are playing assualt cause the item is to expensive in conquest. Notice that no one goes bloodforge in conquest unless you are a fed rata which happens 10/10 games

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 583
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Ninja Tabi
    Trans
    DB
    WD
    Fatalis
    Titans Bane

He doesnt need lifesteal cause he already have it in his kit.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Senior Member Honoured
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by ZetoPL View Post
    Ninja Tabi
    Trans
    DB
    WD
    Fatalis
    Titans Bane

He doesnt need lifesteal cause he already have it in his kit.
    His 1 is just amplifies his items, if you chose to ignore lifesteal, you will have to chose between sustain or max dps as you fight so its your choise. Building lifesteal will give yo more sustain so if you are boxing a lot or fall behind, sustain isnt wrong, besides asi and dev gloves are both good items to have for any adc

Senior Member Honoured
    Achievements:
    Ive played a lot of conquest and ive never seen someone building trancendence on him. It is possible to do it but he isnt really manahungry. It is totally unrealistic going straight into deathbringer instead of windemon or fatalis. Besides this isnt a viable conquest build as you will fall so fare behind due to the cost of trance an deathbringe. You trying to build these two items like this will mean you will be stuck under tower for the first 15 min of the game while the enemy adc will be able to roam free and get kills and contest camps/objectives, as you have chosen to go a lategame build. Only hun batz and nezha are viable building deathbringer so early in their build. You dont see any adcs rushing deathbringer earlygame in higher ranks cause wind demon i just better.

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 583
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    His 1 is just amplifies his items, if you chose to ignore lifesteal, you will have to chose between sustain or max dps as you fight so its your choise. Building lifesteal will give yo more sustain so if you are boxing a lot or fall behind, sustain isnt wrong, besides asi and dev gloves are both good items to have for any adc
    You can go Asi instead Titans but lifesteal isnt good enough in combat, you need this for GF/FG, lane sustain or healing after fight which all 3 of them you can get from just passive.

Ive played a lot of conquest and ive never seen someone building trancendence on him. It is possible to do it but he isnt really manahungry. It is totally unrealistic going straight into deathbringer instead of windemon or fatalis. Besides this isnt a viable conquest build as you will fall so fare behind due to the cost of trance an deathbringe. You trying to build these two items like this will mean you will be stuck under tower for the first 15 min of the game while the enemy adc will be able to roam free and get kills and contest camps/objectives, as you have chosen to go a lategame build. Only hun batz and nezha are viable building deathbringer so early in their build. You dont see any adcs rushing deathbringer earlygame in higher ranks cause wind demon i just better.
    Trans give you 100 power = you hit 200 DMG from AA instead of 100 for example(before mitigation).

I can understand why ppl pick these bows but I never consider Hunters as early game class.
    As long I can get Boots + Trans there should be no problem with conquering around objectives or teamfight.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want to surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Senior Member Honoured
    Achievements:
    You say you dont think of hunters as an early game class, but this will vary a lot from god to god. I agree with you, but some hunters have more impact on early game than others like anhur and neith. In my oppinion Cernunnos is a god with a decent early game but a strong mid and lategame, but as he is now he can be very viable early with odysseus bow or fatalis and he can even be played as a junlger because of his basic attacks.

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    I don't see why you would pick Odysseus over ichival/silver branch. They give only 10% less attack speed, 10 pen and quickly stack up 30 power in lane. Odysseus is just for its passive if you need the help on wave clear(which he doesn't). As for lifesteal, his 1 can give him 20% which is usually all you are going to aim for anyway so if you want a bloodforge for its high power and passive go for it but aside from that you really don't need to build any.