Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: jing wei never played

Member Follower
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 550
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran

jing wei never played

it seems after jing wei was nerfed hard she almost never gets played anymore i kind of like her but now she seems so weak they almost nerfed all of her kit

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 651
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 3 months registered Full Profile!
    Yup.

They nerfed the only things she had going for her.

Now all she's got left is sub-par CC, the worst Steroid in the game (The fact she wasn't even played when Poisoned Star > Boots > Wind Demon was meta and her steroid is literally about crits says something) and mediocre mobility and ult.

She has a cool personality and her passive adds an interesting dynamic (You can rotate quicker by backing and then flying part of the way to a new lane)

But the fact is, other Hunters got buffed. So they're all dealing more damage and having better utility. So her passive, especially after its nerf, just doesn't cut it. Especially when you can do the same thing with Apollo's ult if you really want to (While having a much more stacked kit... AS steroid as a PASSIVE, mobility that gives him speed and slows enemies and knocks them up, mezz, AoE damage that's really good for wave clear and his global ultimate allowing him to rotate at a moments notice from ANYWHERE not just from fountain)
    Preferred Gods:
    Amaterasu, Aphrodite, Ares, Awilix, BAEllona, Hel, Jing Wei, Nemesis, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Typical Hi-Rez; nerfing next to every unique aspect of a god to the point that there's no reason to pick them anymore.
    I'm maining Hel in Conquest exclusively because I want to live a hard life.

Don't listen to me unless on days when I drink coffee. I'm a retard when my brain isn't chugging.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,057
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    From my games she is using at this same rate as Chiron, Artemis, AMC, Ullr, Cupid, Hou Yi and Xbal.
    Players will always be pick only broken gods, which doesnt mean she is bad now, free TP to lane and best mobility overall isnt bad.
    Im glad she and her broken passive isnt anymore in every my game.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 202
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatisty View Post
    Typical Hi-Rez; nerfing next to every unique aspect of a god to the point that there's no reason to pick them anymore.
    Because they can't balance hunters at all, let alone other gods or items. They simply nerf the hell of a hunter (all she needed was the fatalis removed and passive shortened, eesh, is it THAT hard to understand?!)

Good, another viable god in the dust. People say she is good, but i won't even waste my time with her. I hated her until she got buffs for her 4's and 3's speed, then she became fun and viable, but she got more and more buffs and they nerfed her to oblivion.

Same pattern over and over and freaking over with every single god. Same with Skadi, same with Pre - buff Susano, Terra (now we can't argue that Sylvanus is finally better than this Terra- ble god, never liked her anyway, though.) and so on.

This will happen to Cernunnos if they listen to the insane outcries of the community to nerf everything he has (some idiots even think his passive is op, the hell is their brain at.....). Yeah, he needs his 2's slow removed and his 1's lifesteal, slow and prot shred lowered only lategame. Then he would be balanced and still viable.
    Last edited by Drakonasx; 03-22-2017 at 07:49 AM.
    "In love with tides and snowflakes..."

Welcome Season 4 with all of its freshness!
    Quote Originally Posted by ErkMcGurk View Post
    You can do well with any god and any build.
    Embrace the cold...

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    Her combat potential is crap. She relies on basic attacks for damage, yet she has to awkwardly CC herself to buff her AS. The fact that she has to possibly out-position herself to get that buff is also bad. Her dash provides no damage, CC, or buffs, and it's on such a long cooldown that it's risky to use for anything but an escape tool. The crit from 2 and damage from 1 are her most reliable tools, but those aren't enough by themselves.

I wasn't around when dash had a low cd and fatalis, but judging by how she is now, it seems like that was a core mechanic for her in combat. Without it, she doesn't have much going for her.

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 651
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 3 months registered Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by BojangIes View Post
    Her dash provides no damage, CC, or buffs, and it's on such a long cooldown that it's risky to use for anything but an escape tool.
    It's even better if you compare it to her closest counterpart, Apollo.

Agility:
    Dash. Can be used while knocked up and will get a bit more range when doing so (But still can't be used during Kumbha ult). That's it.
    75/70/65/60/55 mana cost
    20/19/19/17/16 second cooldown.

The Moves:
    Dash. Deals damage. Stacks passive. Movespeed buff to allies. Movespeed slow to enemies. Knocks up enemies.
    70/115/160/205/250 +60% damage
    5/10/15/20/25% speed increase/decrease
    Buff/debuff lasts 2 seconds
    15 second cooldown

Literally, Apollo's dash has a lower cooldown than even max rank Agility (Which literally only gets 1s CD and 5 mana reduction for ranking it...) but does like a billion more things...

I wasn't around when dash had a low cd and fatalis, but judging by how she is now, it seems like that was a core mechanic for her in combat. Without it, she doesn't have much going for her.
    To be fair, even back when everyone was saying she was OP and she was top pick material, playing AS her, I still didn't really see much offensive capability from her. Like, even with that Freetalis, you weren't magically getting a ton of damage. It just meant that you could occasionally extend a bit further to secure a kill.

Literally all that she had going for her and making her "OP" was her passive letting her back without losing too much farm.

That and the way the S3 map worked.

With how S4 works, I wouldn't be surprised if pre-nerf Jing Wei still wasn't picked. Since it's all about wave clear and boxing potential these days so gods like Apollo (With buffed wave clear in S4), Medusa, Rama, Skadi and Anhur are the top dogs. Since they can all wave clear like a boss and have not shit steroids to box with (Or in the case of Anhur and amazing passive to help with boxing. 20 flat prot shred is so powerful early on)

Wave clear potential is also meaning that Hunters (Or any god really) that can quickly clear a wave and then back and be in lane before they miss much if anything. Making Jing's only redeeming feature a moot point...
    Preferred Gods:
    Amaterasu, Aphrodite, Ares, Awilix, BAEllona, Hel, Jing Wei, Nemesis, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 202
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    It's even better if you compare it to her closest counterpart, Apollo.

Agility:
    Dash. Can be used while knocked up and will get a bit more range when doing so (But still can't be used during Kumbha ult). That's it.
    75/70/65/60/55 mana cost
    20/19/19/17/16 second cooldown.

The Moves:
    Dash. Deals damage. Stacks passive. Movespeed buff to allies. Movespeed slow to enemies. Knocks up enemies.
    70/115/160/205/250 +60% damage
    5/10/15/20/25% speed increase/decrease
    Buff/debuff lasts 2 seconds
    15 second cooldown

Literally, Apollo's dash has a lower cooldown than even max rank Agility (Which literally only gets 1s CD and 5 mana reduction for ranking it...) but does like a billion more things...

To be fair, even back when everyone was saying she was OP and she was top pick material, playing AS her, I still didn't really see much offensive capability from her. Like, even with that Freetalis, you weren't magically getting a ton of damage. It just meant that you could occasionally extend a bit further to secure a kill.

Literally all that she had going for her and making her "OP" was her passive letting her back without losing too much farm.

That and the way the S3 map worked.

With how S4 works, I wouldn't be surprised if pre-nerf Jing Wei still wasn't picked. Since it's all about wave clear and boxing potential these days so gods like Apollo (With buffed wave clear in S4), Medusa, Rama, Skadi and Anhur are the top dogs. Since they can all wave clear like a boss and have not shit steroids to box with (Or in the case of Anhur and amazing passive to help with boxing. 20 flat prot shred is so powerful early on)

Wave clear potential is also meaning that Hunters (Or any god really) that can quickly clear a wave and then back and be in lane before they miss much if anything. Making Jing's only redeeming feature a moot point...
    You are correct. In this meta she would be quite obsolete even without the nerfs, so i think not only does she need the movement speed and hp nerf reverted like we see in the next patch, but her 3's cd must be lowered at least by 1 second and her 2's nerf to crit chance early game get reverted so she might clear a tiny bit better. Her clear is kinda close to Artemis' clear. They both are horrible xd.
    "In love with tides and snowflakes..."

Welcome Season 4 with all of its freshness!
    Quote Originally Posted by ErkMcGurk View Post
    You can do well with any god and any build.
    Embrace the cold...

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    I like the idea of old dash on paper. It mixes mobility with combat which suits Jing Wei. The current dash only feels useful as an escape.

Also, her 1 + 3 combo feels awkward to initiate a fight with because it puts her escape on a large cooldown. It seems better suited for her old dash.

And can we nerf the sunglasses on her pool party skin. They overpower her face.

Senior Member Honoured JustRun175's Avatar
    Finally changing my avatar... and it's still the same god
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 808
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Jing Wei really fell when they nerfed the passive and also removed the fatalis effect on her dash. One of those nerfs happen,she would still be played a decent amount but not as much as season 3. Although in season 3 she was underwhelming at first and a bit clunky then got a few changes and became first pick first ban potential.

Outside of conquest the passive nerf doesn't matter, in conquest it's going from between the tier 1 and 2 of the towers to right on the botten edge of the tier 2 just about. In conquest that doesn't give you a significant advantage over the other hunter. With 5secs you were right there in view range of the wave and got the wave quick enough to get the gold/exp so you farmed better, a very important reason behind her season 3 pick rate.

Also the fatalis effect gave her the edge in a trading scenario, obviously right but with the removal of the effect made it awkward I would say. So u knock urself up 4 the steroid and walk at them or you knock them up,get free shots off with ur 2 and then what? ult them if you can afford to be aggressive?

Season 3 in 3.23 she got a significant nerf but not too terrible. her 2 stopped giving her crit chance at lvl 1 and her dash saw less cdr as u levled it up. the dash change probably needed, the crit change was weird it was supposed to make boxing her easier but that wasn't the problem(hi rez removed it in season 4 lol). The crit nerf didn't really make sense because it was a small amount of extra crit chance anyway and it didn't compete w arty's built in crit until lvl3(now until lvl 4) and also because It's crit chance it's just A LOT of luck if you crit someone multiple times with a 3 shot,crit chance steroid.

The patches when she became top pick were 3.14 and 3.7. Those patches helped by: making her ult and dash quicker, her ult hitting harder, her steroid from knocking her self up last longer and give more attack speed as u lvl it up and increasing the fatalis duration from her 1,3 combo slightly.

Imo she needs the crit nerf on her 2 reverted and the passive nerf reverted.
    http://smite.guru/stats/xb/JustRun175/summary Old xbox account with most my smite time.
    http://smite.guru/profile/pc/JustRun175 Current pc account. Now I only play on Pc. Story short: xbox ppl think smite and shooters are the same and should be thought of the same way.