Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So did Rat need his 1's CDR nerfed, or what?

Senior Member Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class

So did Rat need his 1's CDR nerfed, or what?

Played him the other day and he felt like he'd lost a lot of his slipperiness.

Rat at this point is teetering on the edge of balance, all he can really be looked at is his ultimate and damage. Any utility outside of that is either weak to the point that it might as well be nonexistent, which begs the almighty question of "Why is it still there then?".

Any direct damage nerfs at this point is going to make him next to useless because his utility is too weak.
    Don't let anything distract you from the fact that Chang'e is supposed to be stuck on the moon getting high on LSD with her rabbit friends.

Don't listen to me unless on days when I drink coffee. I'm a retard when my brain isn't chugging.

Retired Forum Moderator Infamous Azilo's Avatar
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 569
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Rat is in need of ANOTHER kit.

The first one was unique and unbalance-able. The second made him generic.

The third might help. They nerfed everything that made him unique and now there's really no point in the CD mechanic his hit has when it doesn't make an impact now.
    NOODLE FREEDOM FIGHTER!
    Also the potato queen

And Dragon princess
    Miyo is love. Miyo is MiyoBatman. Test.

Junior Member Minion Angelous_17's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points 31 days registered
    Agreed. I dont think his old kit was unbalancable. A hybrid of his old and current kit could work fine. Just bring back 1 or 2 of his acorns revert his 1 and 2 and keep the passive how it is with acorn replacing boots. Thats it. Hell bring 1 acorn at a time if they have to. They wont do it but its nice to try haha. But i do agree with you that Rat is lack luster at the moment and this is coming from a diamond Rat.

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 2,051
    Achievements:
    Veteran Tagger Third Class 50000 Experience Points Discussion Ender Party Person
    Of course he did, he is Thor 2.0; overpowered and has a ton going for him.

He's an Assassin with three forms of CC, multiple mobility skills, protection shred, sustain, in-built cooldown reduction, a global, and access to a better version of boots than any other Physical in the game which can also be bought from anywhere on the map.
    Last edited by Goobis; 03-20-2017 at 08:29 PM.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Achievements:
    His acorns effect is only good once. 20 protection shred is minimal, 1 sec stun is actually pretty nice so ill give u that one and the ult isnt bad with the knock up. The problem with him is his health and damage. He is Thor 2.0 however he isnt as good as Thor is. Its sad to say but its the truth. Thor will out damage a Rat 9/10 through his stun hammer toss and spin. Any Rat that hasnt built protections will be dead. Early or late. The only reason he is top teir at the moment is because of his global ult. After that he goes back to being semi useless.

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 2,051
    Achievements:
    Veteran Tagger Third Class 50000 Experience Points Discussion Ender Party Person
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelous_17 View Post
    His acorns effect is only good once. 20 protection shred is minimal, 1 sec stun is actually pretty nice so ill give u that one and the ult isnt bad with the knock up. The problem with him is his health and damage. He is Thor 2.0 however he isnt as good as Thor is. Its sad to say but its the truth. Thor will out damage a Rat 9/10 through his stun hammer toss and spin. Any Rat that hasnt built protections will be dead. Early or late. The only reason he is top teir at the moment is because of his global ult. After that he goes back to being semi useless.
    His ult isn't the only reason he is top tier. He is a very solid character all around, just because Thor has more damage doesn't mean Ratatoskr is suddenly bad.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Achievements:
    Never said he was bad just said hes lacking.

Senior Member Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicFighter View Post
    His ult isn't the only reason he is top tier. He is a very solid character all around, just because Thor has more damage doesn't mean Ratatoskr is suddenly bad.
    I feel as though that's the sole reason that makes Rat bad; in the subjective sense, because I'm not denying he's an able assassin. It's just that making him Thor 2.0 butchered the very essence that made him fun; following the same thematic design as Thor's kit limits how creative Rat can be. Keeping his utility strong as is would be akin to buffing Thor with strong utility, which would make him broken when his most core utility is strong as is.

Either way, Rat stands at a crossroads: any direct nerfs to his current utility or damage will destroy him, and his kit as is already exists in the game and has since 2012.
    Don't let anything distract you from the fact that Chang'e is supposed to be stuck on the moon getting high on LSD with her rabbit friends.

Don't listen to me unless on days when I drink coffee. I'm a retard when my brain isn't chugging.

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Please, i think that is better posting in this thread: http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...-Rework/page13

to abreviate the 13 pages, the changes the people that have participated in that thread want are:

old 1 with slow effect (that we can pass through enemies) and old 2. same ult and 3
    return of different acorns, at least the actual (i think is opal) and the opaz i think was the other.

we dont talk about damage numbers because that's developers works and we dont know what numbers could be balanced in the game itself.

i have to remark that we asked for it BEFORE the last nerf so i think they must revert the nerf with the 1 and the ulti they did too.
    Last edited by PîxelFox; 03-21-2017 at 01:52 PM.

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelous_17 View Post
    Agreed. I dont think his old kit was unbalancable. A hybrid of his old and current kit could work fine. Just bring back 1 or 2 of his acorns revert his 1 and 2 and keep the passive how it is with acorn replacing boots. Thats it. Hell bring 1 acorn at a time if they have to. They wont do it but its nice to try haha. But i do agree with you that Rat is lack luster at the moment and this is coming from a diamond Rat.
    Exactly! I think we've been crying in the forum for months, and Hirez has never given us morale, she's more interested in watching the competition and seeing what can make gods out of META, unfortunately I do not think we'll ever have a decent rekit on the Rat but I'd like That had this.