Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 LastLast

Thread: Ask the Community Managers anything (Smite Related) V3

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by HiRezIsiah View Post
    I'll check with the team about the Cutesy Avatar Chest. It has been some time since we added new Avatars to it. Regarding your Cupid question, I'll double check with the design team, but I'm pretty sure Cupid's Ultimate has always mesmerized enemies. It's even detailed that way in his reveal video(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7pauzC_X-E&)
    My mistake, but that doesn't change how it's easily countered and how much better is to get your passive for your 1 instead for your ult, with his 1 you get an stun and more damage, because you the enemy gets damaged after and before the explosion, and with his ult you get 3 seconds of mesmerize that in the moment you get hit even by a minion's arrow, it breaks the mesmerize. It's already really hard to fill the passive, especially when it restarts even when you don't fill it, and getting the double mesmerize (which is already bad enough) of an ability that can easily get countered by sprint it's not something that will make people play Cupid.
    Favorite gods: Nemesis, Ne Zha, Janus, Apollo, Cabrakan, Freya, Chaac

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Can anybody explain to me what i have to do in order to complete the "Complete a Normal Match" quest? i've tryed every single game mode, pve,pvp nothing seems to work, would like to know what i can do to finish this quest..

New Member Cupidhead qpMaverickqp's Avatar
    Can anyone please help me undwrstand why exactly every adventure needs to be so difficult to grind? The adventures themselves are fun sure, but for starters they don't grant any currency or exp other than the adventure currency and they take way too much effort to grond in the limited time they are available.

I mean seriously? This latest medusa event is granting 18 scrolls, 36 with bundle. The top tier chest has about 8 items and each roll is 1920 scrolls. So you literally need to play roughly 54 matches per roll.

Like i said the events are usually fun, but the amount of grind they require only seeves to make players sick of the event. While grinding these events you can't earn fp, which the thanatos skin is already at a ridiculous fp cost to unlock, but that is over an entire year so i guess it is fair game.

Please look at these events. A win should get you at least 200 scrolls, and a loss maybe 100. That way worst case scenario tou need to play 20 matches per roll. 20 matches times 8 rolls is 160 matches. And that is just for the tier 3 chest. Come on hirez, stop being geeedy. The only logical explanation is that you are trying to entice players to spend 200 gems to unlock chests.

I'm sure this question has been answered before but I am morbidly curious. With the release of Chernobog, of the slavic Pantheon, I'm reasonably sure there are gonna be more. Is Perun on the menu in the future? I've been looking forward to him for quite some time. Is he going to be a hunter perhaps, with throwing axes? Like I said, very curious and excited for the prospects.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead AngelSerra's Avatar
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 530
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    1 Divine angelic white / gold holy armor plate, female goddess Please good job on say odin and other male skins provide female
    !!2) Frost or ice please for The morrigan Similar to the pale morrigan

(Still really would have obtained the Pale morrigan if i ever did ranked )
    Last edited by AngelSerra; 07-13-2018 at 02:31 PM.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384
    Why do we have no Smite PTS status ? i see every time wrong version on my PTS client and dont know if i do something wrong ore need to wait.

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 725
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Veteran Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points
    So uhh... I've been waiting for an answer for 2 months now. Is this thread still active? Can we expect answers soon?
    My Concept Hub

I tried to come up with a clever proverb for this signature. Sadly, this is the best I could come up with - Anonymous Philosopher (circa 800 BC)

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by GogetaAR View Post
    My mistake
    Not a mistake, Cupids ult DID used to get a stun from max passive. At least, from what I can tell. Patch 2.0 refers to his ultimate both mezzing and stunning (As does patch 1.0)

It wasn't until patch 3.18 where I can see reference to it being changed to a 3s mez from max passive (The same patch that stopped his hearts from using his passive... So... The one hand giveth, the other hand taketh away...)

That said, Cupid's passive could really do with some love anyway. The way it is, it's just an outright worse version of Fenrir's passive (Heck, Fenrir even got a similar change where his howl thing no longer uses his passive which is dope af because it was always so annoying wanting to pre-pop it before jumping on someone for the extra power buff... Only to then realize you no longer have 5 runes for a stun on your 1...)

As far as question goes:

Could you get a better person to be in charge of the Youtube VODs?

Watching the Summer Finals for the SPL, Match 11 Rival vs NRG game 1 and game 2 were (Are) mistitled. Game 1 is titled as Black Dragons vs Spacestation game 1, Game 2 is titled as Black Dragons vs Space Station game 2 (Also, was uploaded a significant amount of time AFTER game 3...) and there was no Game 4/Game 5 anti-spoiler videos.

In addition Match 13 Rival vs eUnited, only game 4 is uploaded. Despite the grand finals of NRG vs Rival (Spoiler alert) being put up.

It's bad enough when games are uploaded out of order, but when significant portions of important sets are just flat not uploaded it's honestly infuriating, as someone who can't be there to watch US livestreams...
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

HiRez Staff Follower HiRezIsiah's Avatar
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 240
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Razrtongue View Post
    Q #1: Why does it take so long to release a visual update for a character? The last character to receive a visual update was Bacchus, and that was roughly a year ago. Before that there was Poseidon, and before that there was Vamana. All 3 of them received their VUs within a time frame of roughly 5 months. Yet for the last 12 months there were no VUs. why is that?

I think that there are plenty gods who could use a VU. the two that I think need a VU the most right now are Isis and Hun Batz (the latter more than the former, to be honest).

Q #2: If a god is boring to play, regardless of how strong/weak they are (or in other words, regardless of whether they're gameplay-balanced or not), will HR consider reworking them or change some of their abilities to make them more interesting? For example, I find Artemis boring to play despite being a late-game monster.

Q #3: With 3 new pantheons coming this year, can we still expect to see new pantheons in the future? I mean, there are still some mythologies out there that haven't been explored. Personally, I still want to see Native American, Mesopotamian, and Aboriginal. Having those 3 would complete me.
    Hi Razortongue,

1. There are no remodels currently planned. This might change, but its not a priority now. Here are the reasons

• New players are rarely turned away from the game because of old content, this doesnt harm us at all to have these characters in the game.
    • Veteran players are extremely split on every remodel, even the ones people were pretty positive about had a lot of complaints of taking away something they love
    • They have complicated/confusing systems to distribute items/cosmetics. How do we handle skins? do we refund them? just not change any of them? etc. There is no perfect answer here, someone will always be upset.
    • Remodels are a lot of work. Not only does it replace a god, it also prevents us from making anything else with those resources, so its actually twice is difficult.

2. Our goals are different than they have been in the past. We don't want reworks to feel like we've completely changed a God. We try to look for key problems with a God and make targeted, but big, changes but really keep their kit and overall identity intact. The term "Boring" means something different for everyone. I absolutely love Artemis and she's one of my favorite Gods to play.

3. Yes! The team is looking for the most bad ass Gods to add to the SMITE, and from what I've seen, the upcoming God release schedule is super exciting. No Pantheon is off limits!
    Last edited by HiRezIsiah; 08-16-2018 at 11:27 AM.
    HiRezIsiah
    Community Manager

HiRez Staff Follower HiRezIsiah's Avatar
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 240
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiptuna View Post
    Can anybody explain to me what i have to do in order to complete the "Complete a Normal Match" quest? i've tryed every single game mode, pve,pvp nothing seems to work, would like to know what i can do to finish this quest..
    Are you still having this issue? Playing any PvP game type should complete this quest.
    HiRezIsiah
    Community Manager