Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the Community Managers anything (Smite Related) V3

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead articlink's Avatar
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 460
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    how do we report yall for well not doing the job properly?

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 915
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    So, the same thing that happened with the Hercules adventure: Why are starter items in the most expensive chests?
    Favorite gods: Nemesis, Ne Zha, Janus, Apollo, Cabrakan, Freya, Chaac

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 382
    Quote Originally Posted by GongsunYiru View Post
    I would be very surprised if that longstanding forum issue ever gets fixed by HiRez, considering...
    lol now I'm Turkistan. did not know it was long standing. so I should prob stick to steam log in right? that's the only one I see that uses a password.

Not tryna be rude either, but it would be nice to get an admin or dev or who ever...answering. I had two other questions I've been waiting for an answer on. first when is odyssey coming back. (did not expect an answer on it honestly) then how do I know when the next season starts. (did expect an answer) like will it be posted home screen smite...does it start a certain time every year. will there be a bat signal involved. what's up dude's. thought this was ask the community manager any thing...not the community. thanks for your help btw dude who did answer me.

so obviously I'm not gonna be able to level up this account. yet I wanted to throw some praise. you know I'm from Georgia my self. born in Atlanta. lived in Marietta, Buchanan...been all around it. you know been to six flags and the coca cola factory...though that shit el kill yah. so it gives me great pride to know my favorite games roots are the same as mine. the forum is great. even the way you police your community shows how much yall care. focusing on things like context rather then language used. the community projects are out of this world. art, stories, support. I mean an artist could really thrive in this environment. community is helpful and friendly. games solid as a rock. best micro transactions I have ever seen. considering this is my fourth year playing...never in my life have I played a game 4 years long. no need to spend money though ive spent 80 bucks plus...more then a bass triple A game. just cant wait to have a reason to spend more.

any way yall are the best.

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by turkistan View Post
    lol now I'm Turkistan. did not know it was long standing. so I should prob stick to steam log in right? that's the only one I see that uses a password.
    Yeah, I constantly see people saying that their accounts are rendered unavailable and it's been like that since the consoles were introduced. I even saw a person who just kept putting numbers after his name and it went up very high, but I think that person gave up trying at some point.

And considering that there's no "remember me" option at the login page, I can imagine that people have lost access to their forum account on a daily basis, as they lose their account upon logging out (if they haven't stopped using the forums for this reason).

HiRez are--in practice--discouraging the usage of the forums with this.

I'm unfamiliar with Steam, so I wouldn't know.

HiRez Staff Senior Cupidhead HiRezIsiah's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Here's a question about a potential gimmick for a god: would it be technically possible for a god to steal an enemy god's ability? Like, here's an example: God X is laning against Anhur. God X's 3rd ability is a targeter like Houyi's Mark of the Golden Crow, and cannot miss. Once God X selects Anhur with his 3, he can then press 1, 2, or 3 to "steal" Shifting Sands, Impale, or Disperse. For the next X seconds, god X has access to this ability and any passive benefits it has (i.e. the power buff from Baka's Butcher Blades) in place of his 3, while Anhur cannot use the ability that has been "stolen." The ability's base damage/CC durations/etc. scale off of the current rank of God X's 3 and God X's own stats. Once this duration expires, God X's 3 goes on cooldown and Anhur can use that ability again.

Why do most Chinese gods have their names spelled wrong? As in, "Nezha," "Daji," "Houyi," "Hebo," "Jingwei," and "Nuwa" (I'm not sure about Xing Tian's name) are all supposed to be one word, and "Ao Kuang" is actually supposed to be "Ao Guang."

Has the art team considered making Loki's T2 look like his original model and calling it "Retroki?"
    So kind of like a "mini-Morrigan?" Sounds cool! As far as naming for the Chinese Pantheon goes, the design team made a decision early on to use names with spaces to be consistent and help with pronunciation for new players that may not be familiar with Chinese mythology.Lastly the Art team currently isn't looking to do any remodels
    HiRezIsiah
    Community Manager

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by NefariousFusion View Post
    two questions:
    1: the unintentional return of the titan chest happened a short ago made me think about something: do you think would be possible to allow the return of old E sport chest in occasions like words and dreamhack?

2: what do you think about the current state of Freya? F made a comment a while ago regarding ao change about a got kit relying around an item was a sign of bad god design, considering this and the fact Freya relies around Fatalis, what are the chances of a possible rekit in the new season?
    1. Anything is possible! We recently made the S1, S2, and S3 SWE champion skins available for purchase again so making the old team chests available isn't out of the question. I don't have a definite answer on if this will happen or not though.

2. I personally love Freya. She is a super fun Goddess and I feel like she can still be played. Is she the most viable option? Definitely not, but a late game Freya is still a late game Freya am I right? I've been building Gem of Isolation on her recently with a lot of success!
    HiRezIsiah
    Community Manager

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Reklia View Post
    Will there be another gem sale before Odyssey ends?
    I don't have any info on upcoming sales at the moment, but we'll be sure to give everyone a good amount of notice if a sale happens. Keep an eye on the official SMITE Twitter and Facebook for updates.
    HiRezIsiah
    Community Manager

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by turkistan View Post
    Not tryna be rude either, but it would be nice to get an admin or dev or who ever...answering. I had two other questions I've been waiting for an answer on. first when is odyssey coming back. (did not expect an answer on it honestly) then how do I know when the next season starts. (did expect an answer) like will it be posted home screen smite...does it start a certain time every year. will there be a bat signal involved. what's up dude's. thought this was ask the community manager any thing...not the community. thanks for your help btw dude who did answer me.
    Hi there! Sorry for the delay on this and my apologies for all your recent issues here. Feel free to direct message me here or on Twitter if you run into any other problems. Alright, Unfortunately we are way too far out for me to give you a date for next year's Odyssey. Odyssey events usually happen right after the Summer so I would expect Odyssey 2018 to start sometime early next fall. For your second question, we plan to announce all our awesome Season 5 updates at HRX so, expect more news on this early next month!
    HiRezIsiah
    Community Manager