Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the Community Managers anything (Smite Related) V3

Banned Honoured
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    do you guys limit a God's role to its given category? Such as assassin, warrior etc. Will you guys call for balance changes if a God in a certain category performs better in a role against what the meta assigned the God in its category of gods? I ask this because there seems to be a bit of confusion amongst the community about God's who have adapted to other roles to better utilize there playstyle and or kit. Do you guys see a problem with this?

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 61
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Repped! Third Class
    There is only one thing I really want to know, and that question is when is Hi-Rez going to do something to address the toxicity issues in game, I've been banned for both 72 hours for supposedly "Intentionally Feeding" being trolled by others, a week ban for the same thing after having my ADC leave lane and refuse to play being stuck as a support, and yesterday I had a player wishing that I get shot dead, and saying that the person who died in real life getting SWATTED, pretty much dserved it and he was a nobody a person who left behind two children, and a grieving wife?

Yet after that match I got reported for being 0/1/0 trolled by a team who refused to call any roles they were playing, left me where I either lock in something or dodge the game and lose all GoodWill, so I just lock something go about the game I muted everyone as soon as the game started because their behavior and not calling role in chat is awful, in short you can find the details here http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...-fix-your-game which i've already posted to League OF Legends forums, and MMORPG, and soon ill be posting it to over-watch forums calling out the amount of toxicity Smite has, and seems to allow.

People say false reports don't count but when you are 0/1/0 people surrender early, and its clear no one called roles properly in chat as they should have yet Hi-Rez automated system threatens to ban you there is an issue going on that needs to be fixed fast.

Smite Conquest is by far the most toxic experience in any MOBA I have seen in years, League OF Legends used to be this way but the adopted a really good automated system you won't get banned just for going 0-20 in one game even if reported, or for going like 3-15 in a game unless its over a series of games, manually reviewed, or your just running into a turret for example and actually intentionally dying, in a game like Smite you get reported by toxic trolls its instant warning next game if you get reported again you get hit with bans which is something that shouldn't happen when a player such as myself screen-caps stuff and can back it up.

I want to know when you all are going to fix Conquest and improve upon the serious toxic community smite has Arena and possibly other game modes do not have this much toxicity other than general things like "You caused us to lose and such its a lot less.

Everytime I play smite and I encounter this toxicity it makes me go back to League OF Legends and stop playing smite for months at a time, and that is likely what I will do after I spam enough arena matches to get back to 100% good will, because this community is just horrid and don't tell me to group with friends regardless of if a person choose to go solo, or group, this type of behavior, role call disputes, or people rather not calling any roles at all should be addressed and fixed, let alone the harassment because a player is doing poorly in a game.
    Last edited by KatarinaX; 01-03-2018 at 01:42 AM.

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by KatarinaX View Post
    There is only one thing I really want to know, and that question is when is Hi-Rez going to do something to address the toxicity issues in game, I've been banned for both 72 hours for supposedly "Intentionally Feeding" being trolled by others, a week ban for the same thing after having my ADC leave lane and refuse to play being stuck as a support, and yesterday I had a player wishing that I get shot dead, and saying that the person who died in real life getting SWATTED, pretty much dserved it and he was a nobody a person who left behind two children, and a grieving wife?

Yet after that match I got reported for being 0/1/0 trolled by a team who refused to call any roles they were playing, left me where I either lock in something or dodge the game and lose all GoodWill, so I just lock something go about the game I muted everyone as soon as the game started because their behavior and not calling role in chat is awful, in short you can find the details here http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...-fix-your-game which i've already posted to League OF Legends forums, and MMORPG, and soon ill be posting it to over-watch forums calling out the amount of toxicity Smite has, and seems to allow.

People say false reports don't count but when you are 0/1/0 people surrender early, and its clear no one called roles properly in chat as they should have yet Hi-Rez automated system threatens to ban you there is an issue going on that needs to be fixed fast.

Smite Conquest is by far the most toxic experience in any MOBA I have seen in years, League OF Legends used to be this way but the adopted a really good automated system you won't get banned just for going 0-20 in one game even if reported, or for going like 3-15 in a game unless its over a series of games, manually reviewed, or your just running into a turret for example and actually intentionally dying, in a game like Smite you get reported by toxic trolls its instant warning next game if you get reported again you get hit with bans which is something that shouldn't happen when a player such as myself screen-caps stuff and can back it up.

I want to know when you all are going to fix Conquest and improve upon the serious toxic community smite has Arena and possibly other game modes do not have this much toxicity other than general things like "You caused us to lose and such its a lot less.

Everytime I play smite and I encounter this toxicity it makes me go back to League OF Legends and stop playing smite for months at a time, and that is likely what I will do after I spam enough arena matches to get back to 100% good will, because this community is just horrid and don't tell me to group with friends regardless of if a person choose to go solo, or group, this type of behavior, role call disputes, or people rather not calling any roles at all should be addressed and fixed, let alone the harassment because a player is doing poorly in a game.
    What platform you on?

PC? PS? Xbox?

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by loupblanc10kai View Post
    What platform you on?

PC? PS? Xbox?
    I only play PC, I don't even own consoles besides a PS2, and Xbox.

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by KatarinaX View Post
    I only play PC, I don't even own consoles besides a PS2, and Xbox.
    My personal experience in pvp, and this is not just limited to Smite but other games like mmos, is that the PC player base tends to be older and the console player base tends to be younger.

And toxicity on console games tend to be higher due to some console gamers using headsets and microphones for team communications during pvp. The downside to that is sometimes you can hear the background noise eg baby crying or someone shouting or loud music (which is not to your personal taste). Arguments can easily start over small issues.

I have played an MMO where they merged the PC and PS servers at one point, so that PC and PS players could queue up together for pve or pvp. Some teething problems at the start between some PC and PS players.

Some PC players have earphones or headsets. They will turn on voice chat to hear teammates but they will type in group chat and avoid using the microphone.

In Smite, in my experience, toxic VGS spammers are younger. Some older players know spamming VGS can create toxicity so they avoid overusing the VGS because they focus on winning.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by loupblanc10kai View Post
    My personal experience in pvp, and this is not just limited to Smite but other games like mmos, is that the PC player base tends to be older and the console player base tends to be younger.

And toxicity on console games tend to be higher due to some console gamers using headsets and microphones for team communications during pvp. The downside to that is sometimes you can hear the background noise eg baby crying or someone shouting or loud music (which is not to your personal taste). Arguments can easily start over small issues.

I have played an MMO where they merged the PC and PS servers at one point, so that PC and PS players could queue up together for pve or pvp. Some teething problems at the start between some PC and PS players.

Some PC players have earphones or headsets. They will turn on voice chat to hear teammates but they will type in group chat and avoid using the microphone.

In Smite, in my experience, toxic VGS spammers are younger. Some older players know spamming VGS can create toxicity so they avoid overusing the VGS because they focus on winning.
    Yes but the problem is people refusing to call roles at all, I clearly said in Lobby, I do not have voice turned on waited until 1 second before even choosing anything no one talked except for one person who said Solo everyone else was just flat out toxic and arguing.

Which leads to the core problemToxic players are allowed to harassment in chat, meanwhile if they are with friends or a few of these toxics report you for being 0/1/0 you get threatend by Hi-Rez system you will get banned for (Intentional Feeding) generally I don't care if people report, but clearly there needs to be investigation into actual chat before a person is threatened to be banned, because if I kept playing and got reported like a game after id get like a 2 week ban just because people are toxic and don't talk, call roles, or anything.

The solution is to either randomly assign role. or allow queue based on roles because I can deal with the toxic shitters I just mute everything in game I do not need to hear them to play the game, but it doesn't take care of those who abuse the report system, or passively (Intentionally Grief) in games and that is the problem this jerk says that a innocent deserved to die IRL, and says I should get shot too, and nothing happens to them but I get reported because Only one person actually called a role.

I have no plans of using Voice Chat in smite until its made secure Vivox can trace a person to their RL city, i've tested it with a few friends, and myself its possible to geo locate a persons location up to their city that they live in in real life just by using Vivox.

Smite is great but something has to be done to resolve the toxic experience in Conquest I feel all games should have to be manually investigated by Hi-Rez this is not the case, for example getting a 1 week ban before after the ADC flat out trolled the entire game flat out refused to stay in lane past like 5 minutes and farm decided just to run everywhere do troll the game, but I got banned as a support for being unable to do jack shit because a toxic player refused to stay in lane, farm, and group for fights.

Riot Games & Over Watch for example have general toxicity like Report X Player but the moment someone makes a real life threat, calls someone a racist word, or word related to a persons gender such as f**, and such they end up banned for 2 weeks if not a perma ban until they appeal and agree never to say it again, generally both games do a great job at dealing with toxicity compared to Smite, even if I went 0-20-5 on League OF Legends I am not going to get banned unless it shows me just intentionally running down, doing no tower damage, no minion damage, nothing at all, or unless this happens like 5-10 games in a row, or I am being toxic in chat, Hi-Rez really needs to resolve the report system tweak it make it better, and get rid of these no good for nothing scumbags, but Hi-Rez stance on it is that Players are allowed to harassment one another and solicit reports.

^ I actually got a screen-cap of an employee saying its okay to take time in a game harassing others about reporting one another thus abuse of the report system In League OF Legends harassing a person asking others to report them is ban worthy starting with chat restrictions / bans,
    the same policy needs to apply to smite to prevent abuse if a person is doing something they shouldn't then players have the right to file reports but those need to be kept to themselves.

And don't even get me started by telling me all games are reviewed by Hi-Rez before any suspension, or punishment is handed down if this were actually true then I wouldn't get an automated warning immediately after a game where clearly others were toxic at lobby and caused the whole issue then Feed themselves and surrender early.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 2,054
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    With the addition of the Voodoo pantheon, we can finally have gods like Ogoun who come from African tradition. However, why did you select Voodoo, a relatively young religion derived from multiple traditions, rather than the OG Yoruba pantheon or some other West African pantheon?

And speaking of Africans...does Hi-Rez no de wey?
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

HiRez Staff Follower HiRezIsiah's Avatar
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 826
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Reklia View Post
    Can we please get a preview of Fafnir's dragon form when looking at skins?
    That's great feedback! I'll talk with our animation department to see if this is possible.
    HiRezIsiah
    Community Manager

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer776 View Post
    Regarding the Tier 5 Ullr skin: as you are already aware, the fire and ice forms have updated visual effects when using abilities (the ice ones being the most obvious via the spin and jump for his first and third abilities). Should we expect more visual effects like this in the future, whether they’re strictly for Tier 5 skins or expanded to other exclusive and limited skins?
    The animation team had a ton of fun with the Frostfire Ullr skin! We're always looking for ways to make new skins more unique, and these custom animations are something we would like to do more in the future.
    HiRezIsiah
    Community Manager

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Reklia View Post
    Will Xian Tian's mountain and Fafnir wonderland ever come back?
    Maybe! We brought back the Bonus Round from the Underworld Arena last year for a special event because people liked it so much. If we hear enough chatter we may look into doing something like this again.
    HiRezIsiah
    Community Manager