Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the Community Managers anything (Smite Related) V3

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 521
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    Now and then Hi-rez behind the scenes videos where they, among other things, covers what they do when they design a new god or when they create a cinematic.

Now that community contests popping up more and more, I was wondering if perhaps Hi-rez would be willing to maybe do a behind the scenes video where they go through the process of creation from beginning to end of community skins.
    Since Hi-rez get pretty much bombarded with concepts they have to sort quite a lot and find the best and most reasonable picks that the community gets to vote for.

It would have been fun to see and hear how they choose to make certain decisions when it comes to requirements and so on.
    It is not always a skin turns out to be 100% look alike to the concept, so it would be interesting to hear what they think is reasonable to remove or add. And then maybe end it all in a good way.

I'm very interested in design that would have been fun to see behind the scenes of community skins.
    • Celestial Thanatos Concept Designer (Current Final Form of Archon).

Senior Member Prestigious McKnightrider's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    when is the pause feature going to be fixed in Season 4. It's been 4 months and the pause still doesn't work. Not only does it spam the hell out of you but every time the game pauses it unpauses immediately afterwards.

Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Why is there no system in play where if i start a match and someone disconnects i can't leave the match without any repercussion? I shouldn't be forced to play a match that starts 4v5. Especially in ranked. A game has no business starting 4v5.. This has been something everyone has agreed with for years and there's still resolution to it.

Achievements:
    What were the gem reward stipulations for Season 4? And I was always a little confused, You get a limited skin and frame. Do you get that every split or is that for the entire year? So do I need to win 75 and 150 each split or is that just for the year?

Senior Member Chosen NefariousFusion's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 578
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    1)Will be possible in the future to reset the workshipper progress on the gods we hate or we rarely play?

2) I will sound annoying, but I really want to know: Items like The underworld loading frame and the underworld bundle are labeled as exclusive, but since the end of the event, it has been unknown if there are in fact another way, like via Odyssey chests, for obtain both items, adn if they will be avaliable again.
    I can be a guardian angel

or a rampaging demon

Community Manager Follower HiRezAmanda's Avatar
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 231
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Second Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Reklia View Post
    ...And finally, Posiden's tier 2.5 (or is it 3?) which is the deep sea diver thing is still using his old model. Any plans to update it?
    No plans to update it...it’s sort of like a bad-ass nod to his old model.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjokh View Post
    Are you guys willing to create more diversity amoung class roles. E.G a guardian with ranged attacks, a hunter with melee attacks, ranged warriors, etc.

Would you guys introduce a trading system where you could trade in favour for a roll at a chest. For example, it could cost 100,000 favour for a 55 item chest or 250,000 for a premium chest.
    1. Yes and no? Some diversity is possible (like Ullr or Sylvanus), but some is not - If we change a fundamental mechanic, we aren’t making a “ranged warrior” it would a “tanky hunter”.

2.I don’t think we have any plans for a favor chest since it can be used right now to directly purchase gods and select skins.

Quote Originally Posted by PowrOfAnomaly View Post
    Can i sell/trade my Hi-rez account ? it is possible ?
    Nope, that violates our EULA - http://www.hirezstudios.com/legal/.

Quote Originally Posted by commandoo View Post
    Are you ever going to add an ingame chat system to smite ps4? If so please talk about it.. Conquest is currently unplayable on console because of all the trolls, people not getting in correct lane etc etc are you going to out right ban these people because it's every game I see this!
    I’m going to let HiRezSavvy answer this one!

Quote Originally Posted by GogetaAR View Post
    Could you take the God Pack ad? Is ridiculously big, I wouldn't care if you didn't take it but make it smaller, please.
    It’s a new advertisement that we’re trying out - but a surefire way to get it disappear is to purchase the god pack

Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Why don't we have any AA-based guardians? Every class has both ability and AA-based gods except guardians. The closest we have are Ymir, Terra, and Fafnir, who have steroids, but don't rely on them for damage more than their abilities. There is a place for a magical Osiris, so why is this niche not yet filled?
    Since the primary function of AAs is to deal damage, it feels a bit strange on a Guardian, who doesn’t deal much damage. Ymir’s passive synergy and Terra’s slowing AAs are good examples of things we can do and the design team is currently considering some interesting AA options for guardians in the future that focus around applying debuffs or CC in unique ways, however, these are low priority.

Quote Originally Posted by CelestíalGod View Post
    Now and then Hi-rez behind the scenes videos where they, among other things, covers what they do when they design a new god or when they create a cinematic.

Now that community contests popping up more and more, I was wondering if perhaps Hi-rez would be willing to maybe do a behind the scenes video where they go through the process of creation from beginning to end of community skins.
    Since Hi-rez get pretty much bombarded with concepts they have to sort quite a lot and find the best and most reasonable picks that the community gets to vote for.

It would have been fun to see and hear how they choose to make certain decisions when it comes to requirements and so on.
    It is not always a skin turns out to be 100% look alike to the concept, so it would be interesting to hear what they think is reasonable to remove or add. And then maybe end it all in a good way.

I'm very interested in design that would have been fun to see behind the scenes of community skins.
    That’s a great idea - We try to do as many behind the scenes videos as we can, but it takes a lot of coordination/time since so many different teams work on each aspect of new content (at different times). I’ll definitely bring this up around the community skin though! Thanks for commenting

Quote Originally Posted by McKnightrider View Post
    when is the pause feature going to be fixed in Season 4. It's been 4 months and the pause still doesn't work. Not only does it spam the hell out of you but every time the game pauses it unpauses immediately afterwards.
    It doesn’t seem to be broken - Remember, everyone has to be out of combat for it to work. If you’re still getting issues, please submit a bug report

Why is there no system in play where if i start a match and someone disconnects i can't leave the match without any repercussion? I shouldn't be forced to play a match that starts 4v5. Especially in ranked. A game has no business starting 4v5.. This has been something everyone has agreed with for years and there's still resolution to it.
    There already is an early surrender option, which happens if someone never connects. We try to be careful about adding loss forgiveness since it can encourage players to bully another one out of the game (if they are doing badly, didn't pick in meta, messed up a trade, etc.).

What were the gem reward stipulations for Season 4? And I was always a little confused, You get a limited skin and frame. Do you get that every split or is that for the entire year? So do I need to win 75 and 150 each split or is that just for the year?
    Here’s what we’ve got from the Season 4 patch notes:
    Each split there will be rewards available to everyone for simply playing Ranked. Qualifying will earn you a bonus Chest Roll, while winning 25 games will give you a special Recall FX that is tied to the split you are playing in.
    Additionally, there are now Gem Rewards available for the top 25 players in each league.
    Top 5 Players will receive 3500 Gems.
    Top 6 – 20 players will receive 2500 Gems.
    Top 21 – 25 Players will receive 1500 Gems.
    There is not a Skin/Frame reward each split.

Quote Originally Posted by NefariousFusion View Post
    1)Will be possible in the future to reset the workshipper progress on the gods we hate or we rarely play?

2) I will sound annoying, but I really want to know: Items like The underworld loading frame and the underworld bundle are labeled as exclusive, but since the end of the event, it has been unknown if there are in fact another way, like via Odyssey chests, for obtain both items, adn if they will be avaliable again.
    1. Right now, there’s no plans for this feature.

2. The Underworld Frame and bundle will both more than likely not be available again.
    SMITE Community Manager | @HiRezAmanda

HiRez Staff Worshipper HiRezSavvy's Avatar
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by commandoo View Post
    Are you ever going to add an ingame chat system to smite ps4? If so please talk about it.. Conquest is currently unplayable on console because of all the trolls, people not getting in correct lane etc etc are you going to out right ban these people because it's every game I see this!
    We are testing out in-game chat systems in other areas of the studio this year. If this is successful then we will consider introducing a system like this in SMITE

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 223
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 3 months registered Full Profile!
    Ohh... Time for new questions:

1) On the god selection screen when you're in a match, is there any chance of being able to go onto the God page? So you can tweak item builds and skill builds (If you use auto-skill) while waiting for other people to pick their gods?

2) In a similar vein, when in game you can press K to check your gods abilities. Is there any way for a functional system to be able to similarly look at OTHER players gods abilities?

As I know when I started playing I had no idea what half the gods did (I wasn't prepared to sit down and try and forcibly memorize 80+ gods kits... I'm not that crazy. Yet.). I also notice that some people don't fully understand certain gods kits in-game either. Which given the number of gods and not everyone getting the god pack and trying out all of the gods is understandable.

3) Lastly... When using autoskill for a skill path you customized. Is it possible for that "Press K to see your skills" message to never appear again? It's kind of bothersome to have it there every game and having to open up the abilities page to get it to go away (Like, I know what this gods kit is. Just like I knew the last hundred times I played this god. Leave me alone game!)
    Preferred Gods:
    Amaterasu, Aphrodite, Ares, Awilix, BAEllona, Hel, Jing Wei, Nemesis, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Achievements:
    I have submitted the pause bug months ago. 9/10 times you pause it, the game immediately unpauses right away. It's never been fixed, for 4 straight months

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 459
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Are you ever going to balance projectiles hit-box, visually between skins of the same god, so its equally difficult to aim? Example: Neith Kawaii skin has big projectiles, Dangerfield has tiny projectiles, and all other Neith skins have something in between.