Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the Community Managers anything (Smite Related) V3

Senior Member Prestigious McKnightrider's Avatar
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    What's the stance on thanatos? I've got over 100 rank games. He's probably been banned 90% of those games. There's not a single god that comes even close to him right now in being banned? I honestly don't think he's tat worth it but is he being looked at, at all?

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 357
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    I know that 4.5 patch was already reviewed but is there any chance to improve Chalices?

I mean to let ppl stack chalice potions while all chalice potions effect will be removed when you are back to fountain.
    Kind of QoL for these items.
    This feeling when your team is far behind and you have no prospects for late game but for some reason players still doesnt want surrender - MOBA Cancer.

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Is there any consideration to adding more items to be purchased with clan honor?
    Is there any consideration to adding more items to be purchased with favor?
    Will we ever be allowed to re-lock gods? i.e., you had a few good rounds with a god on free rotation, thought you liked them and bought them, but after further play realized you'll likely never play them, and don't even want to see them in Assault.
    PS4 Player
    Favorites: Chronos, Skadi, Chaac, Bastet, Chang'e, Anubis

I am not a robot. I selected ALL the images with a storefront and ONLY the images with a storefront.

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 377

Re: Ask the Community Managers anything (Smite Related) V3 - hawkissimo questions

I'm a HUGE fan of Smite, please keep up the good work!

Here are my contributions to this thread:

1) VGS improvements: Will HiRez add features to make it clearer for everyone when certain actions are taking place by adding to the VGS system new automated messages like:

1A) DEATH: Automate the VGS to say "I wanted to Smite, but now I'm smote" upon death. Aside from the humor and branding, it conveys critical information that may go unnoticed in the heat of battle - yet we're gods and the death of a god should ONT go unnoticed!

1B) RECALL: Automate the VGS to say "I'm recalling" upon activating recall option. This would alert the team when a critical positional change is occuring.

1C) WARDS: Automate the VGS to say "fresh wards" whenever a new ward is placed. The alerts everyone that a new ward has been placed while granting recognition to the specific player that used the ward!

1D) AFK: Automate the VGS to say "I'm idle" if the player doesn't move >10 seconds and/or if they remain in base for the same period of time.[COLOR="#0000CD"] Yes, remaining in base for longer is poor play in all modes. Get back to the game or feel shame!

AFK SHAME: Include AFK time within the same summery (at least) or really improve things by displaying this during the game for all players.

AFK REPORT/PENALTY: Rather than rely upon players to band together to form a police state, do some of this work automatically. Once you start collecting this data it should be easy to determine a norm, even with lag outs that return right away, and establish an algorithm to identify abuse and not only report these players automatically but also add this as a new factor to the game start penalty systems already in place. Shame followed by justice!

Automated VGS additions I propose serves to improve communication and/or awareness of critical factors within a game immediately an without fail. Since HiRez would have the ability to ensure that these features are done in the each gods voice, it would be 100% clear who and what each instance applied to.

2) VGS SPAM: Will HiRez change the VGS spam limit from 9 to 3 before enforcing the cooldown restrictions (excluding any of the automated VGS options that I mention above)?

If you're worried about the impact of ranked game communications, test this in non-ranked games for awhile. Even in ranked, a limit of 5 seems like more than enough before the spam limit should be invoked.

3) VGS MUTE: For the love of all the gods and goddesses in Smite, when will HiRez finally give players a simple option to mute the VGS sound for individual players.

Keeping the VGS text as-is works fine but addressing the noise that happens when toxic players spam VGS would be a HUGE improvement for everyone.

Since we already have the ability to go to options --> scoreboard --> player --> Mute/UnMute for voice mute why can't HiRez add an option there to include a VGS Mute/UnMute by patch 4.6?

Consider it your contribution to anti-cyberbullying.

All of the above becomes unimportant if HiRez can simply give me the real world ability to Smite any given player from existence. <wink>
    hawkissimo

PS4 Smite Fanboy
    1700+ hours of Smite on PS4
    Gods mastered: 86
    Diamond gods: 27

Be prepared, for this is Smite - Battleground of the Gods!

Gods use the internet to research current meta, even practicing vs. bots as needed. Council asked is council given, use your mic. Lesser beings are unprepared, lurk in silence and ignore sound council from gods. Smite them from existence for they deserve no quarter - flame on!

Senior Member Prestigious McKnightrider's Avatar
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Will we ever get updated VGS for things like, "ill ward the GF or FG" or "attack/defend the portal demon "

Senior Member Prestigious Najh98's Avatar
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 289
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points
    1. The surrender options needs to be changed to 3-5, is there a reason why this hasn't happened yet?

2. The chest system has many flaws, is there any plan in the future to change it for the better?

3. Could the rewards system be implemented onto the iPhone app, so people can get the daily logins without having to go onto a computer?

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 888
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Party Person Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Why did you add the Celtic pantheon so suddenly? I mean, I'm not complaining. Morrigan and Cern are great but it just seems sudden considering in 2016 the Japanese pantheon was released, and there were opportunities to expand that god roster this year rather than introducing another pantheon.
    The Forum's Official Nutella Warrior!

IGN in Smite is SamurottsFury. Friend me if you want cancer.

Was formerly Keks voluntary secretary, now I roam the streets with a thirst for knowledge.

Check out the Crimson Vs Azure event idea I came up with

My Concepts

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 204
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Hi Amanda,

I have a question. A lot of skins have clever names, like Swagni, Afro-Dite, Jingle Hel, and etc. Are these names typically thought up while the skin is being made? Are there any skins where the name was thought up first, and the art team liked it so much that it turned into a skin?

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 474
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    I've always had a curiosity: Do you keep an eye on SMITE groups on Facebook, too ?

Junior Member Senior Minion OranGemeo's Avatar
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Is bracer of undoing working as intended? It certainly seems to do literally nothing when used.

Any plans for some more unique actives to allow for variety? Maybe one that does an effect similar to back-off from Aprho and slows? Or one that prevents CC for a duration instead of cleanse?