Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the Community Managers anything (Smite Related) V3

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    Getting ready to walk down the aisle to the tune of 'Hellmarch'
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 694
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Repped! First Class
    Are there going to be new or revised map types like you did for clash? Also do you have any plans to add Bono as a Celtic god? He certainly views himself as one.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 551
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    My questions: Do you or any other HiRez employee actually visit other parts of this forums, like looking into the god concept thread for some inspiration or checking the feedback?
    Is the forum's feedback taken into consideration ? If yes how often and what are the steps taken to implement something ?

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 3 months registered Repped! Third Class 500 Experience Points
    Given that many players have multiple accounts that are used to circumnavigate account bans, are you considering IP bans at any stage given the reputational problem these people bring to your product?
    Smite is like a toolbox, there are many means to achieve your goals, plus its full of tools

Member Worshipper CallousSapphire's Avatar
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 354
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by HiRezAmanda View Post
    Unfortunately, we aren’t currently adding more god avatars. I’m sorry!
    Awww, darn. Don't worry, Amanda! <3 When you add more avatars, would you mind throwing in Terra's golden avatar? It's pretty. :P
    Maining The Earth Mother and The Goddess of Beauty (like I have been for the past year)!

"I am a primordial being: eternal, infinite and always nerfed."
    SMITE forums' resident Terra and Aphrodite fangirl.

Feel free to add me on PSN: CallousSapphire.

Junior Member Senior Minion Anjokh's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 78
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    Thanks for replying. I'm glad the issue is high priority.

Do you guys allow people outside of hirez to help out with Smite? As a company that gets busy, a few fans with technical knowledge can alleviate the stress of making deadlines and such.

Also, do you plan on expanding the Adventures system to include things like puzzles or mind games? Something to challenge the mind.

Community Manager Follower HiRezAmanda's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 278
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Second Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Azilo View Post
    For Morrigan's first ability, her stun. Why aren't the aspects of her other forms different from the main model? "The Morrigan begins combining the power from all three of her forms" when it's just clones of her base model?

And minus the time consumption of that, why isn't the right side model 'flipped' so that it's symmetrical and the spear lines up with the targetter?
    1. There were a few reasons that went into the decision to have the same form. First, having 3 unique models requires a lot of work. Second, in her lore, she’s often described with cloning/shapeshifting powers and that feeling of cloning was something we wanted to capture.

2. We looked into positioning it that way, but it didn't read clearly to opponents and felt off from the player camera angle - that Ability also has a lot of artistic/programming constraints.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensaurus View Post
    So, does that mean he is confirmed as "never be playable"?
    I know you can't say much about future god releases and stuff, but if you could say 'maybe' if once in a time he will be possibly considered as a playable god (primordial, well, doesn't really matter) or a 'no' as it is decided he will be only a camp, that would be appreciated.
    I can’t give an answer on this since I’m not on the design team, however, I do my best to pass on community requests to them, so I’ll make sure I mention it!

Quote Originally Posted by RonanTheGreat View Post
    Are there going to be new or revised map types like you did for clash? Also do you have any plans to add Bono as a Celtic god? He certainly views himself as one.
    We’re always looking at creating new maps and revising old ones - typically happens around our larger releases though like the first patch of the season. The new Adventures mode gives us some freedom/flexibility to experiment with different map types though (Nike’s Valley of Victory’s map was completely designed for the CTF game mode), so expect to see some new things there!

Quote Originally Posted by Alphadios View Post
    My questions: Do you or any other HiRez employee actually visit other parts of this forums, like looking into the god concept thread for some inspiration or checking the feedback?
    Is the forum's feedback taken into consideration ? If yes how often and what are the steps taken to implement something ?
    We do! The community team spends a good chunk each week reading as many threads as we can and collecting feedback, which we pass on to the appropriate teams. Even if we’re quiet on a thread, it doesn’t mean that we didn’t see it! For other teams, I know there are lot of people who browse the forums for player feedback - QA, support, design, just to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by SpanglyBalls View Post
    Given that many players have multiple accounts that are used to circumnavigate account bans, are you considering IP bans at any stage given the reputational problem these people bring to your product?
    Unfortunately, I can’t comment on what action is taken against players because it’s a violation of our Privacy Policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjokh View Post
    Thanks for replying. I'm glad the issue is high priority.

Do you guys allow people outside of hirez to help out with Smite? As a company that gets busy, a few fans with technical knowledge can alleviate the stress of making deadlines and such.

Also, do you plan on expanding the Adventures system to include things like puzzles or mind games? Something to challenge the mind.
    1. We’re constantly growing, so I’d recommend checking out the careers page for those interested in using their skill set for HiRez!

2. We’re going to be releasing a new Adventures every 6 weeks, so there definitely will be new game types I can’t spoil anything specific, but each Adventure will be unique!
    SMITE Community Manager | @HiRezAmanda

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 266
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Bellona, Neith and Thor have the highest number of skins. I get they're your poster gods, but its getting beyond tiresome to see them keep getting skins. Why can't you focus more on the gods who desperately need skins?

I asked PonPon when he was here why the team decided to change the way Xbal's diamond skin worked. I.e instead of his cloak being blue its now just silver. He never got back to me. Can you find out?

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 551
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    I see that you have a lot of qustions to answer.(Mine included) And also in the patchnotes show is always too little time for QnA.

Then how about QnA Show ? I mean a Smite Show dedicated entirely to QnA. One hour or so only for QnA. That should ease your job and not only that. This would mean higher audiences for hireztv and also a much stronger tie between HR and the community.
    So are there any chances for something like this ?

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 397
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    So, is Chronos supposed to be in the community skin contest? Or did you just forget to remove him from the list?
    Favorite gods: Nemesis, Ne Zha, Janus, Apollo, Cabrakan, Freya, Chaac

Senior Member Prestigious McKnightrider's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,399
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Where did Bellona rank in the community god voting and can you list all the votes for everyone?