Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ask the Community Managers anything (Smite Related) V3

Forum Moderator Demigod MagicFighter's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 2,018
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Tagger Third Class
    Awards:
    Activity Award

Ask the Community Managers anything (Smite Related) V3

Starting up a third thread as the second one passed 1,000 comments.

Ask HirezAmanda and HirezSavvy your questions, maybe Ponpon may check in once in a while.

Rules:
    • Questions must be Smite-related.
    • This thread is for Q&A, not discussion. If you want to have a discussion about a topic here, create a thread.
    • There is a three-question limit, listing more than three will result in them being ignored or removed by moderator.
    • The community managers are not Hirez Support, if you have an issue you must still submit a support ticket.
    • This is not a thread to vent about match making.
    • Be civil, if you are snarky with your questions or comments they will be removed from the thread.
    • Be mature with your questions.
    • Questions pertaining to datamined content will be ignored.

The Code of Conduct still applies to this thread. If you cannot follow the rules of this thread or remain civil, your posting privileges in the thread will be removed. The community managers are busy people and you should be greatful that they take time out of their schedule answer your questions.

See the archived first post here!

See the archived second post here!
    Last edited by MagicFighter; 03-21-2017 at 10:08 AM.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Need to contact Hirez Support? Use this link.
    Find an annoying Bug or Glitch? Post it in here!
    Make sure to read the Forum Code of Conduct guidelines.
    (My IGN is now Goobis)

Forum Moderator Demigod MagicFighter's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 2,018
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Tagger Third Class
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    The thread is now open, here are the leftover questions.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnightrider View Post
    There's been a lot of talk about quality of life changes on the forums and reddit. Clan rewards, Wisdom tab, leader boards, god/player stats, improving UI and so much more. Are there any plans to roll out any of these changes? I know Wisdom tab was mentioned early in the year but there are so many lacking features in Smite that seem to not get any attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Question:

Will there be a buff icon for the Purple Buff in tournament games on the UI? At the moment there's only Red/Yellow/Blue buff icons. Makes it a bit annoying to try and see uptimes and who has the buff.
    Is there any chance we can get God performance stats. The 3rd party websites that use to have it no longer offer it. There's no way to see how well a god is performing in certain modes or your own personal stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravensaurus View Post
    What's the deal with Apep really?

I've just noticed that in every single god lore he is referred by his original name, 'Apep'. Yet, he is a "jungle boss" in Clash, called 'Apophis'.

Does that mean he will/can be added as Apep later on or it's just a... How to say it... Overlook in consistency?
    I still find it a waste if he will never be playable, since he is just a big name in Egyptian mythology, but well...
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjokh View Post
    Are there any plans to update the tutorial? It hasn't been updated in awhile and it is missing key information.

Also, will you keep the level up bonuses the same or update them too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Skode View Post
    My friends and I are really loving CTF, it's a nice casual mode with a unique map and mechanics. When the adventure is over and removed will it ever return? Be a shame if it vanished - maybe on MOTD rotation?
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Need to contact Hirez Support? Use this link.
    Find an annoying Bug or Glitch? Post it in here!
    Make sure to read the Forum Code of Conduct guidelines.
    (My IGN is now Goobis)

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 272
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class 1 year registered Repped! Second Class 10000 Experience Points Reputation Distributor
    Why is that "Official" bit listed as a separate subforum?

Disclaimer: I am a volunteer guide. I work on my own knowledge and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Senior Member Prestigious McKnightrider's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 1,097
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Where is Nike at right now? She seems to have such a bland uninteresting kit yet was doing so well she got nerfed multiple times? Her damage is almost on the level of nox in terms of being confirmed. You sneeze on her when she uses rend and she's left without any real ability for damage afterwards. How is she performing now after everyone has seen her play?

Senior Member Prestigious McKnightrider's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 1,097
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Why don't we every get a response from HiRez when we submit proof of player misconduct. Its always, 100% of the time, an automated response, followed by the closing of the ticket with no resolution. There's never any response of if any action is taken, whether they need any other information our if something is being investigated. Its just a auto response you get for every ticket and then its closed a few days/weeks later.

Community Manager Follower HiRezAmanda's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Second Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by CallousSapphire View Post
    Amanda, darling, could you add Terra's golden avatar for me? I really would like that avatar for my profile. I'd really appreciate that. <3
    Unfortunately, we aren’t currently adding more god avatars. I’m sorry!

There's been a lot of talk about quality of life changes on the forums and reddit. Clan rewards, Wisdom tab, leader boards, god/player stats, improving UI and so much more. Are there any plans to roll out any of these changes? I know Wisdom tab was mentioned early in the year but there are so many lacking features in Smite that seem to not get any attention.
    Pon has recently started as systems designer and he’s already bringing a lot of the community feedback we’ve gathered to the design team and working towards solutions. So yes, those concerns are definitely on our radar - just keep in mind, these systems take a large amount of time, so many will come out in stages.

Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Will there be a buff icon for the Purple Buff in tournament games on the UI? At the moment there's only Red/Yellow/Blue buff icons. Makes it a bit annoying to try and see uptimes and who has the buff.
    I’ll pass this on and see if we can get it updated!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensaurus View Post
    What's the deal with Apep really?
    I've just noticed that in every single god lore he is referred by his original name, 'Apep'. Yet, he is a "jungle boss" in Clash, called 'Apophis'.
    Does that mean he will/can be added as Apep later on or it's just a... How to say it... Overlook in consistency?
    I still find it a waste if he will never be playable, since he is just a big name in Egyptian mythology, but well...
    He was actually named Apep internally for a bit - but after a lot of back and forth, we landing on Apophis.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjokh View Post
    Are there any plans to update the tutorial? It hasn't been updated in awhile and it is missing key information.
    Also, will you keep the level up bonuses the same or update them too?
    1. There definitely are plans to update the tutorial! We don’t have an exact timeline right now, but it’s relatively high on our list of priorities.

2. There aren’t any plans to change level up bonuses right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Skode View Post
    My friends and I are really loving CTF, it's a nice casual mode with a unique map and mechanics. When the adventure is over and removed will it ever return? Be a shame if it vanished - maybe on MOTD rotation?
    That’s great to hear Unfortunately, I don’t think we technically can turn it on for a MOTD without having the mode being downloaded from a patch. Now that’s not to say it won’t happen - We recently turned back on the Underworld Arena mode for SMITE’s Birthday, so nothing is impossible.
    SMITE Community Manager | @HiRezAmanda

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 248
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    For Morrigan's first ability, her stun. Why aren't the aspects of her other forms different from the main model? "The Morrigan begins combining the power from all three of her forms" when it's just clones of her base model?

And minus the time consumption of that, why isn't the right side model 'flipped' so that it's symmetrical and the spear lines up with the targetter?
    NOODLE FREEDOM FIGHTER!
    Also the potato queen

And Dragon princess
    Miyo is love. Miyo is MiyoBatman. Test.

*Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Senior Member Prestigious Trisitella's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Conversation Starter 10000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Not really a question, because I know you cant answer much due to non-disclosure-agreements, but

Thank you, thank you so much for finally putting in one of the gods I have been waiting for so much. <3
    Of course I know it isnt for me specifically, just, want to say "Thank you hirez" ;'3

I cant wait to see Daji on the battle field <3
    ♥ ♥ Kiyohime is the OG Yandere! ♥♥

Can We Get Persephone In This Game Please?
    ==And Su Daji To, Please!==

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 248
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Trisitella View Post
    Not really a question, because I know you cant answer much due to non-disclosure-agreements, but

Thank you, thank you so much for finally putting in one of the gods I have been waiting for so much. <3
    Of course I know it isnt for me specifically, just, want to say "Thank you hirez" ;'3

I cant wait to see Daji on the battle field <3
    I'll leave this show of gratitude because it's rare.

But remember folks. Questions only.
    NOODLE FREEDOM FIGHTER!
    Also the potato queen

And Dragon princess
    Miyo is love. Miyo is MiyoBatman. Test.

*Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Senior Member Honoured Ravensaurus's Avatar
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 438
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by HiRezAmanda View Post
    He was actually named Apep internally for a bit - but after a lot of back and forth, we landing on Apophis.
    So, does that mean he is confirmed as "never be playable"?
    I know you can't say much about future god releases and stuff, but if you could say 'maybe' if once in a time he will be possibly considered as a playable god (primordial, well, doesn't really matter) or a 'no' as it is decided he will be only a camp, that would be appreciated.
    What's the matter, afraid of the dark?!
    - by Raven (Rachel) Roth

I am the Dinosaur of the forum. Wouldn't you say I am Rawrsome? Hehe...

My god concept: Apep (Apophis) - Lord of Chaos
    If you have time, take a look at it and give some feedback

Never forget old Loki, who had a style and was not a Marvel rip-off
    piece of crap like current Loki.
    You will be missed, sneaky snake.

What is the synonym of shit? Thor T5 skin