Page 19 of 57 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the Community Managers anything (Smite Related) V3

HiRez Staff Worshipper HiRezSavvy's Avatar
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 915
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by inferno18 View Post
    Will there be another cinematic trailer for Smite? I think it'd look really neat especially with the new gods that have been released since then.
    HRX is still a little far out to tell but I think doing one with the inclusion of the new gods would be awesome. If we don't have a full cinematic, our video team will be busy making content for HRX for sure!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnightrider View Post
    How do you get Bellona Enyo skin if the Aphrodite Venus skin is the reward for HOTG: Smite?
    You can still get both! Enyo Bellona is attainable through the Hand of the Gods Founders Pack and Venus Aphrodite is attainable though the Venus pack. To receive the Enyo Bellona Skin on Console, you have to have your accounts linked.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by NARGH1990 View Post
    Ok seriously I need an answer as to why the servers are still merged. Have you not seen all the ranked games ruined by someone who can't speak English locking in a Loki support and just repeatedly saying "na lane esta Loki" because I'm tired of it. Why is this still a thing?
    This is something that we monitor very closely. If changes are going to be made, we will have an announcement on smitegame.com and/or our twitter.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Branchala View Post
    1. What do you think about implementing a role selection in comp or normal matches ?

2. What are your views on certain gods that may be unbalanced ?

3. To me i feel like you should focus less on releasing gods every patch, and focusing on the gods you already have, and work on them to improve/buff/nerf/etc. what do you think about that statement?
    1. When you say role selection, are you referring to an alternative than calling your role in lobby?
    2. This question is kind of vague. Depending on who you ask, different people think different gods are balance/unbalanced for many reasons.
    We balance every patch and monitor feedback really closely to speak for this. For PC especially, I find that the vocal majority perceives new gods as OP or unbalanced but later grow to like them after they've had sufficient time to learn them.
    3. If you've noticed, the last few gods that have been released have had more space between their releases than previous gods. This is so that we can focus on different improvements and release an overall cleaner patch

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryKek View Post
    With the new changes with the addition of Olympus changes coming to smite in 4.13, as a new player (been playing for about 2 months now) I'm excited to hear that there have been graphical changes to the Siege maps! Will we be seeing anymore graphical updates to other game modes like Assault, Clash and Joust in the near future?

Also, why is there a constant stream of new Gods being released? Don't you think it's a tad bit fast to release so many Gods in such a short amount of time?

Also, is there any other way to obtain particular Odyssey 2016 skins, besides through the random chests that become available? (Please add those chests more, I like those).

Thanks! Sorry if these have been asked before. Call me lazy, but I did read the other replies, I must be blind.
    I can't say for certain (because I just don't know right now) but it's typical that other maps see visual updates around Season shifts ( so lookout for news closer to January! ). As for the gods, we've actually slowed our god releases recently. If you'll notice, Chu Culainn and Artio had 6 weeks between them. Aaaand Odyssey Skins can be obtained from the Odyssey Greatest Hits Chest and the Odyssey 2017 Chest!
    Whew Just keep a lookout for when we turn those Chests on.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSerra View Post
    Shout out good service hi-Rez violet fixing my Venus aphrodite hi-Rez account link

1)Wish there was less combination of accounts and one universal account for all of hi-Rez games
    Might this be a upcoming feature ?
    I'm so glad to hear this was resolved for you And we have talked about adding this before but it would be a HUGE undertaking that would probably have to wait until Season 5 or a mid-season update. I'll ask around and see if we can get any updated messaging on this.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by hudapak View Post
    Will it be possible that in future promotions console players would be taken into consideration? It's ridiculous we have to buy stuff for games we don't play and are not available on consoles just to get a skin for Smite game. This somehow isolates console players in a way.
    I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. How is this a Console specific issue? If a Skin is event exclusive on Console then it's also like that on PC.

Community Manager Senior Cupidhead HirezDavid's Avatar
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 205
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Razrtongue View Post
    thanks for being so nice as to allow me to ask more . anyways, you'll have to forgive me as during that time, I have come up with another question that bothers me. but since you allowed me to pass through my 3-question limit, I suppose I can add another and it won't do any harm... much. anyways, here are my questions:
    1. Adding more pantheons adds more diversity! Sure Roman and Greek are similar but there are differences like you said!

2. Our T2 skins aren't specifically supposed to be more lore-focused.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Reklia View Post
    Whats the point of getting the community involved in the Odyssey T5? I mean, look back at the other community skin contest; people submit their designs and you make tiny alterations to fit them in the game. Odyssey skin? Same thing except you change the skin beyond recognition. I did some searching and found what I believe to be what the top 3 concepts were based on; see my post http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...716#post866716

Again, what is the point of the fan base brainstorming and drawing these designs when you produce something vastly different? You might as well just do what you normally do to research and find inspiration for skins, not let the fans do the hard work.
    The Community Skin Contest and T5 Skin Vote are fundamentally different. For the former, we purposefully try to stick as close to the concept as possible - we WANT the skin to be purely from the community. However, for the T5 skin, there are a lot of constraints/tech concerns - especially for transforming skins. So, we take suggestions from the community - like allowing you guys to choose class/god - but for the skin itself, it's something we have to let our artists concept to get the best results!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by HighwayBlue13 View Post
    How do I mute people's chat without muting the "enemy missing" calls and such?

Case and point, I have been on several teams where its me solo and 4 pre-made. The pre-made troll and harass me from the very first second to the end. At the end, even when you report all of them, they each get 1 harassment report. But all 4 of them harass you - that's 4 on your counter. I recently received a warning exactly for that reason - troll teams who report you for no other reason than to troll.

So I want to mute all these people, but still listen to missing calls..
    Unfortunately, there is no way to differentiate between different VGS commands, etc with muting.