Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the Community Managers anything (Smite Related) V3

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 1,313
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Why are Voicepacks in the 300 Gem chest.

Is there any way you can make spending the extra gems for three choices an option alongside of just rolling for a single item.
    Last edited by Goobis; 01-12-2018 at 12:23 AM.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

New Member Cupidhead occmsrazr2's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384
    After months of hovering around 40-45% winrate and having a LOT of fun playing this game, I am now suddenly losing 80-90% of my games this week and getting absolutely DESTROYED in most of them. This isn't fun, obviously. I understand that I am not very good at this game - should I just quit? What does a player in my situation do? Any team I am on this week has next to no chance of victory because I've only played about 400 matches and don't even have a single diamond god yet, but I am being matched with players who have MUCH more experience than me and the games I'm in simply aren't competitive as a result. I know you guys get a LOT of complaining about MM in this forum - but I am honestly curious about the developer perspective here. What do I do? As a result of my sudden sharp increase in feeding, I'm also taking a Iot more abuse from my teammates, as well. It seems the only option to me is quitting which is really too bad, because this was legit my favorite video game for a while, but no matter how many games I lose it doesn't seem to be improving.

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 353
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Im glad you are adding voodoo gods into the game. Is there any plans on which ones you guys will do. I think Kalfu would be a great first god imo

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead MrJDC77's Avatar
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 554
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class
    Would it be possible to separate the casting options into ability and relic casting options under the settings?

HiRez Staff Follower HiRezIsiah's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,048
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by KatarinaX View Post
    There is only one thing I really want to know, and that question is when is Hi-Rez going to do something to address the toxicity issues in game.
    We always want to ensure that our players are having the best experience possible when playing SMITE. Unfortunately in game harassment does happen. Whenever you experience any type of harassment in game you should ALWAYS use the report system in the end of match lobby. Each and every report is sent to us and we have a dedicated support team that investigates reports every day.The in game report system will not work if no one uses it. If you have an extreme circumstance please take screenshots/video and submit a support ticket with any proof you have(http://www.hirezstudios.com/submit-support-ticket/).

We're making efforts to improve both the in game reporting system, as well as the system we use internally for handling reports. We'll have more information on this at a later date.
    HiRezIsiah
    Community Manager

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    With the addition of the Voodoo pantheon, we can finally have gods like Ogoun who come from African tradition. However, why did you select Voodoo, a relatively young religion derived from multiple traditions, rather than the OG Yoruba pantheon or some other West African pantheon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razrtongue View Post
    "What was the decision behind the inlcusion of the Voodoo pantheon right now in the existence of the game. I'm asking this because IMO there are more prominent pantheon that should be prior to Voodoo, especially considering the game's age."
    This year we're doing thing a little different by including multiple Pantheons. Our main reason for this is we want less restrictions on what Gods we make. We want to make the coolest characters possible and have each one add unique gameplay ,exciting themes, and beautiful artwork.

Voodoo has been something the team has been excited about for a really long time and we already have some insane ideas!
    HiRezIsiah
    Community Manager

Achievements:
    With the addition of the Voodoo pantheon, we can finally have gods like Ogoun who come from African tradition. However, why did you select Voodoo, a relatively young religion derived from multiple traditions, rather than the OG Yoruba pantheon or some other West African pantheon?

And speaking of Africans...does Hi-Rez no de wey?
    Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer776 View Post
    Is there a reason why the arrows of Hachiman’s first ability are able to go through walls but the arrows of his ultimate aren’t?
    This is a bug that should already be fixed on PC. Console will get the fix next week when patch 4.25 goes live.
    HiRezIsiah
    Community Manager

Achievements:

And speaking of Africans...does Hi-Rez no de wey?
    Quote Originally Posted by kain346 View Post
    Im glad you are adding voodoo gods into the game. Is there any plans on which ones you guys will do. I think Kalfu would be a great first god imo
    We already have someone in mind, but I can't spoil anything just yet!
    HiRezIsiah
    Community Manager

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJDC77 View Post
    Would it be possible to separate the casting options into ability and relic casting options under the settings?
    This is something we've talked about a few times. It would require a bit of UI work, so if we decide to move forward, it likely wouldn't be until later in the year. The UI team is currently hard at work with our client redesign!
    HiRezIsiah
    Community Manager

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 832
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by HiRezIsiah View Post
    We're making efforts to improve both the in the game reporting system, as well as the system we use internally for handling reports. We'll have more information on this at a later date.
    Awesome, can't wait to see the system improved because it really needs it especially when it comes to reports in Conquest / Ranked Conquest, because currently it's abused by trolls.

In short like 6 or more months ago I Received two bans for "Matchmake Griefing" The first one I understood because I came back not playing for a very long time, and doing poorly, but like within 24 hours after coming back I had a toxic player who refused to stay in the lane and farm kept running everywhere and started toxicity in chat right after thaht match they reported and got banned immediately after for a week.

This is when I discovered that GoodWill existed in the game and that if it drops to 0, and you get reported the system automatically bans, well same thing almsot happened again in a game withh 0 communication on roles recently after taking over a 5 Monthh break from smite pretty much came back played another, I went 0/1/0, got reported for Intentional Feeding, while 3 other players in my match died many more times anyways got GoodWill to 0, and threatend that if I get reported again I could get banned again.

Sure I can submit tickets to Hi-Rez but that doesn't solve the issues often when a ticket is filed it takes 1-2 weeks+ to receive a actual response, I guess the question is here that many people tell me Hi-Rez reviewes all suspensions but after testing this 3 times and receving notices 3 times I have determined it's automated when it comes to being reported for (Other) or (Feeding) once you hit GoodWill rank 0 and get anymore reports the system auto flags and suspends automatically, not saying certain reports are not reviewed just that not all are reviewed because a user wouldn't get suspension right after a game of listening to people be toxic after chat and harassment using it as a tool against users.

For the most part of toxicity in games I find using the tab + mute all function really great you don't have to listen to any of it, but this doesn't resolve the issue with the players who use thhe report function as a tool to troll, I would love to see smite more sportsmanlike to the point where just saying "Report Ymir" would be a punish worthy offense like Riot Games has done, and this would eventually make smite to the point where if players are trolling people will report them individually rather than having to have a game tilted due to negativity in games.

The second thing is people not calling roles then getting toxic, it would be great if there was a role selection like in League where players can either choose a role, or randomly assigned role based off last prefered and such, because in like 3 games i've noticed players who do not call roles in "Conquest Ranked" vs when I played 1-2 games in Conquest Normal peopple actually called roles in normal but not ranked, and that is what helps to generate toxicity when no roles are called, and someone doesn't lock someones approved god / meta.

I Guess asking when this one is gonig to be improved to prevent this.
    Last edited by KatarinaX; 01-12-2018 at 04:33 PM.