Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Fafnir also, a good build?

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 800
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points

Thoughts on Fafnir also, a good build?

Due to the fact many will not play as a guardian in the match lobby, I have found myself being guardian for almost 95% of my matches. The problem in this is that I am heavily dependent on my team for the win- This usually does not pan out well for me.

This being said- I am looking to other guardians. Recently I picked up Fafnir but I am struggling with builds and getting damage. 10k damage at the end of the jout match isn't enough.

Yes, I have looked at Smite guru but there isn't anything good on there.

Any tips on Fafnir as far as build order, items and play style?

Thanks!
    HirezAmanda is ridiculous.

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    "I have trodden the path of sanctity, and all that happened was I lost a shoe"
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 315
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Pen boots, urchin, BoV, void stone, gem of iso, then any of the following, depends on enemy comp, soul reaver, mantle, spirit robe spear of deso, ethereal staff, thebes.

With boots and void stone you'll be doing pretty much true damage to most mages, so if you decide to take it upon yourself to murder them soul reaver is handy, I find deso good as well as your hitting most soft targets for true damage with it and the additional cdr is helpful. Ethereal is another choice instead of reaver, I quite like iso and ethereal tbh as it gives decent ccr and health boost. Other choices are situational, try to have at least iso or ethereal staff for killing soft targets.
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

New Member Cupidhead zayburma123's Avatar
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    Early game I build tier 1 boots and watcher's gift with two hp and mana pots or sometimes two hp pits and a mana chalice. My relict of choice is sunder or curse. When I have enough, I'll purchase spirit robe or winged blade based on the enemy team (whether they a lot of hard cc or slows), but never both. Then I'd start on tier two of breastplate or gengi's. On my third back, I expect to have enough to finish off pen boots. On my fourth, I'll have full breastplate. The rest of the build comes down to the situation. For example if their carry runs crit, It would do well to get nemian. One more thing; at times I'd buy shield of regrowth, but those are the times when the majority of their team is absolutely losing.

Banned Demigod
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 998
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Fafnir's not really a proper support because he can only keep one target locked down at once. He's better served in the jungle, really. For a build, you want:
    -Watcher's/Bumba's
    -Pen boots
    -Discord
    -Magus
    -Iso
    -Tahuti
    -Situational (Take Warlock's early on if you're jungling)

In whatever order you need, of course. That last slot is ideally filled by more power, since your passive makes lower defense more forgiving; but a bruiser item is generally what you'll end up needing.
    Last edited by SirKeksalot; 03-19-2017 at 10:52 PM.

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 800
    Achievements:
    Party Person Tagger Third Class 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points
    I play joust, should have mentioned that.
    HirezAmanda is ridiculous.

Banned Demigod
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 998
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwilltap3 View Post
    I play joust, should have mentioned that.
    Then start with Watcher's. If your team's stacking, forego Warlock's for a bruiser item like Void. If not, or if they're fine with double-stacking, get Warlock's. From there, my build's the same as Conq.

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 371
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    fafnirs kinda hot

i usually build whatever aura benefits my team most after the focus boots and then i will make excuses for myself to build build the mr reduction aura item i forget what its called

edit: i forgot to mention they made it so he can only self heal a while ago which really sucked but the attack speed is really useful
    Last edited by daddysgirl69; 03-19-2017 at 11:12 PM.
    delete fat
    i need to make it clear that objectively speaking raijin is the most attractive god in this game

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 3,434
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Magi Boots/Focus Shoes
    Sov/Heartward
    Heartward/Sov
    Jade Emperors Crown/Void Stone/Guantlet of Thebes
    Mantle of Discord/Spirit Robe
    Gem of Iso

Be patient with him, know your limits and when to buff your teammates. Between your lategame steroid and your two second stun, you have a very potent assassination assist. Also don't ult like a moron, you stand still for three seconds so they can easily reset or counter-engage you.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    Anubis is my Husband, don't question it, just leave us in the dumpster.

Senior Member Honoured Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 685
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter 1 year registered
    i build him like this
    pen boots
    hide of urchin
    shield of regrowth/BoV(i like getting one of them regrowth helps me escape most of the time unless enemies are chasing me hard and BoV gives me protecton and mana)
    void stone
    soul reaver
    gem of iso

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 533
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 3 months registered Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Fafnir's not really a proper support because he can only keep one target locked down at once.
    Fafnir is a fine support. He can peel and engage even though he only has single target lock down. Since he uses a stun (Instead of a shitty 15% slow that only prevents mobility skills) it's quite effective. Hence him being really prominent in the SPL right now as a support.

Not to mention he's a master baiter. Be out of position and a tasty target to get wombo ulted... Then pop Dragon form and iframe all the damage away!

On Topic:

Watchers is pretty much a must.
    Pen Boots or Traveler's Shoes are great.
    Then you can either go a more selfish Hide of the Urchin or start building Sov and Heart and be a team player.
    Next, you can pick up some CDR like BoV or Regrowth.
    Void Stone is pretty much a must pick too (Can get it a bit earlier if you'd like)
    Then it's POWER time. Iso, Divine, Ethereal, Chronos', Bancroft etc... The world is your oyster at this point.

As far as playstyle goes. Well, know when to engage and when to play it safe. While playing it safe, you'll just stand on your frontlines and hammer down anyone who tries to dive them.

When it's time to engage, you want to dive in, land a hammer (If it's ready) and then transform to get the second set of ability CD's. Then it's a matter of locking down a key target or 2 (For example, leap onto one target, then stun another). After which you just melt faces with your breath and try and keep your teams AA gods coated with Coerce.
    Preferred Gods:
    Amaterasu, Aphrodite, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Osiris, Scylla, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!