Thread: Clash Needs a Rework

Junior Member Senior Minion Bulldogz4Life's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 551
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Clash Needs a Rework

My experience with the new Clash has been very subpar since it was released, in comparison to the old Clash. It's incredibly easy for teams to turtle, and in fact even encourages it because there's nothing to punish teams from sitting on their towers or phoenix. I can't tell you how many times my team has been able to clear both initial towers, but then are stuck on sieging a phoenix. Even with one phoenix down, and having fire minions, it's incredibly easy for one player to clear the lane then switch to defending the remaining phoenix, before the 5-man team can even go in.

The biggest issue I believe is the gold/xp boosting, which wasn't present in the previous Clash. The mode was adjusted in patch 4.2 to increase the health of jungle bosses, while decreasing their buff power. Nothing was done to the gold/xp boosting though, which was widely reported by many players to be unnecessary and unwanted. It does not punish a team for poor play, and the passive gains allow an inferior team to easily keep pace in levels and items while turtling under their tower. I get it, protecting yourself under objectives is to a degree a strategy, but their is little to nothing lost from doing so as the Apophis buff isn't really all that great or influential since its nerf.

Anyone have other suggestions to help fix the turtling issue the new Clash has created?

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 164
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points
    Going to tell you now it's pretty common for teams to get completely curb stomped and snow balled from the start to end of the game with one team tower diving them the entire game and not even dying for it. I understand your sentiment with the objective not really forcing fights anymore as compared to fire giant but meh.

Fact of the matter is if someone on your team cared enough or thought it was important enough they would pick a tanky character and build emperor's armor and stop being a pussy and learn how to tower dive when there's 5 of you and 2 of them. GL on your next matches.
    There is no cure for sheep only enlightenment.

As a shepherd dog the only thing you can do is herd the sheep and hope they go to the shepherd.

Junior Member Senior Minion Bulldogz4Life's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 551
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I dunno, I just came from another game in Clash where we again got both their towers down, and one of their phoenix but couldn't push the other or the titan. We had a tank and 2 adcs, while they didn't even have a guardian, just Odin. We cleared mid a few times and made the push on the opposite phoenix, but it still wasn't enough, even as we had fire minions pushing from the side close to their spawn. They would just retreat, and easily clear the minions on their way to the other phoenix. All it took was one wipe with us trying to down their respawned phoenix and they were able to drive down, finish our phoenix and titan right away.

There was, again, absolutely no punishment for us outplaying them and even claiming middle multiple times due to the gold/xp boost. I'm pretty much done with this mode until that gets adjusted because a large majority of people don't even want that as part of the mode.

Senior Member Chosen ShinigamiXzero's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 476
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I don't think turtling is an issue since that happens in most matches with towers. I dislike the new XP/gold gain. You barely have to farm now and the mode doesn't really punish a team with a poor start anymore.

People use to joke about clash being arena with towers now it really is that way.

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 639
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 3 months registered Full Profile!
    The thing is, turtling is going to happen so long as there's no reason for anyone to leave their own towers.

Which is the case in Clash. There's no point trying to go after the jungle for farm, because there isn't one (Blue buff... Yay... 1 single camp...)

There's no real reason to go for Apep, because his buff got nerfed.

And nothing else really.

It's the same for Assault and Joust too. Just nothing to really incentivise people to step out from the safety of their own tower.

Meanwhile, Conquest gets people away from the towers because there's 4 buffs to go for (Also, enemy buffs you can try to go after), an entire Jungle for someone to farm (So only 4 people need to be in the lanes), Gold Fury for a large boost to gold for your team to get an advantage, Portal Demon for a smaller gold boost and of course Fire Demon who gives a really good buff as well as nice amount of gold and experience.

The issue is, you can't really just add a jungle in or boost the potency of Apep's buff without just making people turtle until it's time to rotate as 5 to share the jungle gold/experience...

You also can't cut down the gold shared from minions without turning it into "Everyone wants to be the ADC getting the farm" 5 Hunter insta-lock mode.

I can't really think of a clean solution to actually prevent people from just turtling under their towers in all the non-Conquest modes.

Best I can think of is replace the 2 side Blue Buffs and put Apep in the place of one and a Gold Fury substitute in the place of the other. So people want to contest those objectives (Also, people can actually try to take them when there isn't like a deicide because literally everyone can see into mid and know when an attempt is happening...)
    Preferred Gods:
    Amaterasu, Aphrodite, Ares, Awilix, BAEllona, Hel, Jing Wei, Nemesis, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    Getting ready to walk down the aisle to the tune of 'Hellmarch'
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 694
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Repped! First Class
    About the only thing Clash needs is to either be renamed 'Salt Mine', or 'Garbage Tip'. The crap I see on that map is a literal inspiration for birth control.

Honestly though I'd hoped for Apophis as a playable god at some stage, just have to make do with it bursting forth and killing unsuspecting milling fools
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 668
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    working as intended
    www.5Dclan.com
    WE ARE RECRUITING
    our Ts3 Server:
    63.210.145.160:9102

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 154
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    It'd be cool if apophis buff doubles your team's minion health or something, that could help end games. Especially if you've got a phoenix down.

Junior Member Minion Shambhala2010's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 413
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Lack of objectives just made clash more linear than what it was. Invading the enemies side blue buff feels less relevant as it did before since the increase in exp and gold gained. Aphop-whatever-you-call-it isnt as impactful as fire giant. The ability to leave your jungle and go straight to the mid objective never sat well with me which kind of made controlling the jungle space less relevant imo.

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by RonanTheGreat View Post
    About the only thing Clash needs is to either be renamed 'Salt Mine', or 'Garbage Tip'. The crap I see on that map is a literal inspiration for birth control.

Honestly though I'd hoped for Apophis as a playable god at some stage, just have to make do with it bursting forth and killing unsuspecting milling fools
    yeah they wasted a good monster.
    I queue for clash thinking "I want to screw around/try something"
    end up facing captain serious pants premade over there with every single broken/abusive thing they can fit into one group...
    ehhh..hehheh.

clash is the punishment chamber.