Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why do I suck at Smite?

Junior Member Cupidhead AvRand6's Avatar
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 294
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Unhappy Why do I suck at Smite?

I've been playing for a long time, have mastered 20 gods (4 of each kind), have one god at diamond, have watched tutorials on the game, etc. I'm level 30, I have a fairly good internet connection, and yet in almost half my games I'm massacred. I've had people accuse me of being a noob or even intentionally feeding, despite the fact I know how to build properly, and what my abilities do and how to use them properly. Why am I so horrible at this game, and how do I fix it?

Also, I apologize if I posted this in the wrong section, I wan't absolutely sure where to put it, but this was my best guess.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 398
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    I'm seeing mostly warrior games here, so main question. Do you counter build? You can't play a tanky character and just stick to 1 build, you gotta build defenses based upon your opponents. You also need team mates who can secure the kills, not that Hercules and Bellona can't kill on their own but they are better at softening opponents up so the more bursty characters can finish them off.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Tree45PeecN1's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    My history looks almost the opposite, I've been on a crazy long winning streak. My best bet would be over aggresive, attacking/retreating at the wrong time... Sounds like a personnel strategy problem but it's hard to tell without seeing you play.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 603
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Bear in mind that the playerbase is mostly comprised of scrubs who are far worse than you. Your team may just consistently be weighing you down.
    I like my women like Awilix likes her enemies: knocked up, and not taking my goddamn speed buff.

Please support my friend business plea and THANK

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 618
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    well your kda isnt bad, looks like you have no idea how to deal agaisnt snowball, the more times you dies the more weaker you become and in same time mroe stronger enemy , so keep it in mind and try adapt to situation instead of play same , but nobody can give u usefull tips cuz lack of any information, your lose streak and kda arent gives how playing you are in reality
    Grömün

STFU , my grammar is perfect

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 533
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 3 months registered Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Bear in mind that the playerbase is mostly comprised of scrubs who are far worse than you. Your team may just consistently be weighing you down.
    This is very true. Especially for Joust.

I've stopped playing Joust completely these days because it's 99% complete newbies/failtards on my team and 3 stacks of MLG pro-gamers on the enemy team.

Not sure how Siege compares, never played it... But Conquest is also fairly similar, quite easy to get paired with a shitty team.

That said, we really need more information to really help you out.

Like, what team comps, builds etc.

Especially as a Warrior/Support main (Also, I see some Goobis, who's notorious for being easy to gank) - Where you rely HEAVILY on your teammates to peel for you and to actually do shit while you're making space.

Meanwhile, they rely on you to counterbuild. Build what's necessary to help THEM. In a game mode like Joust where your Herc/Bellona is likely the only frontline (Next to a Mage and Hunter usually) then you'll have to build not as a standard Warrior, but as a Support (Sov, Heart, CDR, Meditation Cloak, Magic Shell etc)

So many times I've faced Warriors who are the sole frontliners and they built standard solo lane Warrior Tabi > BoV > Pesti > Jotunn's > Titan's > SCS (Or something along those lines, mostly going power boots into selfish defence). Meanwhile, I as the solo frontline Warrior went full support build Telaria > Sov > Heart > Runic Shield > BoV > Titan's and so while I was doing fuck all myself, I was setting up my allies to survive so THEY could do stuff.

So yeah... If you could maybe post a few pics of some game stats (Just the comp + build page would do) then we could make a better analysis. Though of course the best scenario would be some gameplay footage. That way we can check how you PLAY as well as builds/comps etc.
    Preferred Gods:
    Amaterasu, Aphrodite, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Osiris, Scylla, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 375
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    The problem is with so many poor team mates you are kind of forced into those so called selfish defence builds.

Therefore I'd be more focussed on correct positioning, fairly crucial for warriors (and everyone else really) as well as knowing the right time to initiate and the right time to back peddle, which sadly there's no simple one line explanation for it comes purely with experience, which you have. Sorry I haven't helped grrr.

Super Moderator Prestigious KingScuba's Avatar
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 714
    Achievements:
    Arm of the Law! Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Reputation Distributor Tagger Master Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    well the first thing i notice is that you play the same god over and over again.

I'm assuming you're autolocking that god. This means that you pay zero attention to to team composition. Take a look at my profile just for an example. You don't see me play the same god twice in a row typically. I look at what everyone else is taking, then pick up the slack. When you get into a game, slot in a god you want to play, then look at the rest of your team. If your pick isn't going to work, pick something that will.

Your build theory is a royal mess too. I don't see a good build on any of your gods. They're all frankly horrible and I don't get how you're winning.

Go watch these videos. (Watch a few of his videos. Dude knows what he's doing. He gives really good points about his plays, and is typically spot on for calling out errors (Particularly on himself))

How to Build Mages in Season 4 by Glorious Smite
    How to Build Hunters in Season 4 by Glorious Smite
    How to Build Assassins in Season 4 by Glorious Smite
    How to Build Warriors in Season 4 by Glorious Smite
    Last edited by KingScuba; 03-19-2017 at 12:21 AM.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Full Profile!
    It true that you must counterbuild to stay relevant unless you have established that you are much better than your opponents. Every build should start with boots because mobility makes you able to juke which is 80% of your survivability in my oppinion, 10%being your protections and 10% being the enemys fault for not hitting you. Then as a warrior/tank the second and third item should be for countering the enemy . Then there is your playstyle, playing as tanky characters means your job is to controll the enemy by outposition them or threatening them with your presence. When playing as a dmg dealer like anubis you want to poke or deal as much dmg to the enmey witouth risking your own safety. Its better to have someone with 0/1/10 than 2/5/10. Feeding as a squshy means that you are a easy target and you will have no relevance. I have 1,5k conquest matches and an equall amount of arena+assualt combined and i have played conquest mainly since end of beta.

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 398
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    As a magical character I usually build a stacking item first, then boots. Usually book of thoth for mages and warlock's sash for guardians. As a physical I usually build warrior tabi first for movement and an easy 40power, if I want transcendence I build it 2nd.