Thread: Heartseeker

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 192
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 3 months registered Repped! Third Class 500 Experience Points

Heartseeker

At what point do Hi-Rez admit that they totally fluffed their lines with this item? Adding 300 gold to an item that greatly enhances evey ability melee god is not a deterrence. The very fact that this item was priced at 2100 gold until recently just highlights to me that Hi-Rez's balance team does not actually play this game, they just look at spreadsheets. I mean, Heartseeker is now the same price as Masamune, an item that is so situational that its pretty much irrelevant, yet Heartseeker has become practically a core item on most assassins, and its not uncommon on warriors.

Thing is I bring this up because having raised the price the next step for Hi-Rez is nerf to oblivion, yet really simply reverting it back to its end of season 3 form would probably be enough, maybe even increase its strength a little from that point. In its current form it has too much benefit for its cost imo
    Smite is like a toolbox, there are many means to achieve your goals, plus its full of tools

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Its a solid item, low power with 10 pen with a great enhance on ability combos. And to be fully successful in lategame, it requires a build with decent power. The item is ofc present on ability gods but thats it. Its just an item that has its use, i dont see how its so OP that you cant go without it Oo
    When life gives you lemons......complain about the lemons!
    Your Daily Kappacino, Trollbuilder for fun, furry (literally too) and Salt-Injecter
    Greetings, at your service~

i apologize, have some funny stuff instead
    why u heff to be mad?

Achievements:
    100% of your power on next ability is relevant period, not just late game. Its an item that creates a ridiculous kill potential with just a few items built. Hell with just boots and heartseeker you're going to drop all but the tankiest targets to about half health. Hell if its Thor and mjolnirs attunement they are near death, same with Thana, Loki, NeZha, jesus the damage outta NeZha with Hs is stupid. Take note this isn't salt, this is what I've been doing to people, and its just nuts that 1 item gives you such a boon.
    Smite is like a toolbox, there are many means to achieve your goals, plus its full of tools

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 31 days registered 1000 Experience Points
    I've never had that much of a problem with Heartseeker. I even tend to skip it on ability assassins because I generally don't feel I get much worth from it over something else (Like, CDR so I can engage more frequently, or Pen so people's counters to me are less effective)

2400g seems reasonable for it though. It certainly feels like a 2400g item in its current state (Compared to the previous iteration which really felt like a 2100g item), I feel it gives a similar sort of power spike as Jotunn's for about the same price (JW is 50g more)

Comparing it to Masamune is not ideal though, because Masamune is shit. It was shit last season too. They really need to address it and make it have a passive worth something considering how good Heartseeker and SCS are.

While they're at it, could they make Soul Eater not shit too? It's annoying that Magical gods get no less than 3 fantastic lifesteal items and one situationally good one and physicals are left with a stacking item and... Well, maybe Asi if you're desperate...
    Preferred Gods:
    Amaterasu, Aphrodite, Ares, Awilix, BAEllona, Hel, Jing Wei, Nemesis, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    I've never had that much of a problem with Heartseeker. I even tend to skip it on ability assassins because I generally don't feel I get much worth from it over something else (Like, CDR so I can engage more frequently, or Pen so people's counters to me are less effective)

2400g seems reasonable for it though. It certainly feels like a 2400g item in its current state (Compared to the previous iteration which really felt like a 2100g item), I feel it gives a similar sort of power spike as Jotunn's for about the same price (JW is 50g more)

Comparing it to Masamune is not ideal though, because Masamune is shit. It was shit last season too. They really need to address it and make it have a passive worth something considering how good Heartseeker and SCS are.

While they're at it, could they make Soul Eater not shit too? It's annoying that Magical gods get no less than 3 fantastic lifesteal items and one situationally good one and physicals are left with a stacking item and... Well, maybe Asi if you're desperate...
    I compare it to Masamune because its part of the same tree, costs the same, and gives ms. 50 power is fine, the 100 health is tacked on, but like I said the passive is so situational it might as well not exist. For the same price you get 25 less power, same ms, 10 flat pen, and 100% of your power added to your next ability. If you're not building this on ability assassins you are missing out, the additional chunk it takes out of targets is disgusting.

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 31 days registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SpanglyBalls View Post
    I compare it to Masamune because its part of the same tree, costs the same, and gives ms. 50 power is fine, the 100 health is tacked on, but like I said the passive is so situational it might as well not exist. For the same price you get 25 less power, same ms, 10 flat pen, and 100% of your power added to your next ability. If you're not building this on ability assassins you are missing out, the additional chunk it takes out of targets is disgusting.
    Yeah, but on its own Masamune is shit.

Like, even if Heartseeker didn't exist, Masamune would be shit in comparison.

Masamune is just so bad. ESPECIALLY when Shifter's Shield exists. Why pay 2.5k for 50 power, 100 health, 10% movement speed and up to 25 prots (If you're in the middle of 5 enemy gods... Which you shouldn't be like ever) when you can pay 2.4k for 40-60 power and 20-40 prots.

Also, Heartseeker is 100g cheaper than Masamune. That's how shit Masamune is.
    Preferred Gods:
    Amaterasu, Aphrodite, Ares, Awilix, BAEllona, Hel, Jing Wei, Nemesis, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    Getting ready to walk down the aisle to the tune of 'Hellmarch'
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 196
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Yeah, but on its own Masamune is shit.

Like, even if Heartseeker didn't exist, Masamune would be shit in comparison.

Masamune is just so bad. ESPECIALLY when Shifter's Shield exists. Why pay 2.5k for 50 power, 100 health, 10% movement speed and up to 25 prots (If you're in the middle of 5 enemy gods... Which you shouldn't be like ever) when you can pay 2.4k for 40-60 power and 20-40 prots.

Also, Heartseeker is 100g cheaper than Masamune. That's how shit Masamune is.
    There is literally no reason to ever buy Masamune, for my money its tied with Runeforged hammer for the title of 'wtf is this garbage and why does it exist.

All I know is if Heartseeker in its current form was available to hunters people would be losing their shit with it. Thank god it doesn't proc on steroid abilities
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

Member Follower
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 31 days registered 500 Experience Points
    It only adds a little less than a basic attack in damage, at least I was under the impression it doesn't crit(item damage tick, not power buff) so I don't see it being that large a power spike... hydra's lament is what I tend to go for instead. At least you can combo well with it, heartseeker needs 5 basics between abilities while hydra's needs 1 ability between basics(and affects crits)

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    Getting ready to walk down the aisle to the tune of 'Hellmarch'
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 196
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by damienmc90 View Post
    It only adds a little less than a basic attack in damage, at least I was under the impression it doesn't crit(item damage tick, not power buff) so I don't see it being that large a power spike... hydra's lament is what I tend to go for instead. At least you can combo well with it, heartseeker needs 5 basics between abilities while hydra's needs 1 ability between basics(and affects crits)
    The difference is it adds 100% of your power as well as the base damage and scaling of the ability, which in turn leads to a fairly large chunk of health in one ability. Hydras is good for aa cancel, and there is literally no reason to get both, can lead to an ability taking a ton of health and a few basics to finish.

Wether people like to admit it or not an item that adds that much kill potential onto standard abilities is pretty damn strong. I certainly don't think its broken, but I agree with the op that it is becoming pretty much core on quite a lot of gods. There is no downside to Hs, its passive is free damage for ability gods, gives pen power and ms, and is pretty cheap to boot.
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING