Thread: A new player?

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386

Question A new player?

Hello everyone!
    Me and a friend of mine recently started playing the game, it has been a few weeks now. I have one serious question: WHY are we being matched with/ against people who have been playing for years? Some even have a "beta tester" avatar icon. Do we even have a chance here? Is it worth playing now? We are not 30 lvl yet by the way.
    Thank you in advance.

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,278
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    I think it's better to just continue and go to level up than to just stop.

Sadly that seems to happen a lot.
    NOODLE FREEDOM FIGHTER!
    Also the potato queen

And Dragon princess
    Miyo is love. Miyo is MiyoBatman. Test.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Direloss's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 595
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    what mode do you play?
    I notice that in modes like siege, I get placed with newer players. you can team up with higher lvl people if you get higher level opponents a lot.

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 500
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Naglostin View Post
    Hello everyone!
    Me and a friend of mine recently started playing the game, it has been a few weeks now. I have one serious question: WHY are we being matched with/ against people who have been playing for years? Some even have a "beta tester" avatar icon. Do we even have a chance here? Is it worth playing now? We are not 30 lvl yet by the way.
    Thank you in advance.
    I feel you OP, I'm new player as well.

I suggest you to keep practice in jungle training then continue to Coop vs medium AI.
    When you feel you can play the god(s) good enough, go to Clash.
    Clash is my favorite and for a good reason; I see far less (clan) premades playing Clash than Conquest/Joust/Siege.
    I wouldn't recommend assault because many times you will matched against experienced players.

Clash is great to prepare you for other modes while giving you experience with/against gods plus there's alot of action relative to Conquest/Joust/Siege.

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 855
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 3 months registered Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Naglostin View Post
    WHY are we being matched with/ against people who have been playing for years?
    Because the matchmaking is less than stellar. Like many games it prioritizes fast queues over balanced matches.

Do we even have a chance here?
    Yes actually. I'd say about 70% of these "Beta Testers" are absolute garbage at the game. Like, my nan could probably play better than them and she can't even turn a playstation on, let alone play Smite.

Is it worth playing now?
    It sure is. Eventually you'll learn how to play quite well and will have a lot of fun games. You'll ALWAYS get some matches that are completely one-sided due to MM, even at level 30. You'll also queue into 5 stacks even as solo queuers (Or in your case, duo queuers). However, if you can get past that, it's a fun game with constant updates.

Just try to avoid Normal Conquest until you're really confident in how it works (Play VS AI Conquest to learn the map and watch some videos online about how lanes work and such). Conquest brings out the worst side of the community.

Joust/Clash/Assault/Arena tend to be nicer places (It's still a MOBA mind) and are much more newbie friendly.
    Preferred Gods:
    Amaterasu, Aphrodite, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Osiris, Scylla, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 554
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    not really
    you eventually get used to their playstyle though and adapt
    delete fat
    i need to make it clear that objectively speaking raijin is the most attractive god in this game

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,034
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Full Profile! Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Yes actually. I'd say about 70% of these "Beta Testers" are absolute garbage at the game. Like, my nan could probably play better than them and she can't even turn a playstation on, let alone play Smite.

All of this.

It's called the shark tank, you either sink or you learn to swim with them.

If you learn to swim you'll be way better for it, if you sink then you'll be in the general 85% that suck dick.

Senior Member Honoured lextragon's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 438
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Conversation Starter Full Profile! 1 year registered
    Because there aren't as many new players. Most of the new accounts are smurfs.