Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How do you counter of Odin's cage?

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Keep in mind team build and abilites. Skilled users will go for a cheap kill and combined theirs with his. You can use that as an advantage as well. You can try to trick with a decoy Morrigan. Just keep in mind raven shield then leap. He almost always leaps after. His leap will be aimed at you and has a specific range. There is a circular area effect when he lands. That is how far you have to run when he leaps. The trick is to have enough movement speed to escape. Eventually he will use his ring. Then you can go offense. Even if he catches you with his ring after dodging his raven shield leap. All he can do is slow you with his spin attack. The other gods will be the issue after that.

Also, if you dodge his ultimate and the other two gods use theirs. They will be defenseless. You also have to watch out for any god that grab, stun, or slow you. Watch what Odin does. He might just wait for that to make his move. Even a leap will not help you there. A little defense can go a long way.
    Last edited by xcase19zero; 03-29-2017 at 01:51 AM.

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Why does everyone keep replying like the question was how to counter odin, countering odin is not what was being asked.... it was just how to counter odin's ult, nothing else.

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    Since rituals are being removed, aside from osirus walking through with his passive fafnir can also use his ult to avoid damage for a nice chunk of time within the cage and hopefully gain his leap if it was on cooldown. Chronos has a chance to escape with his ult, as well as 'heal' within the cage(not technically a heal but still). Sol was stated to pass through it while she is a fireball.

Achievements:
    Ignore User damienmc90. He trolls every one of my post. Get a life. It is worse than Smite. At least you never have to play with them again and can block/ report them after on Smite. You would think people have real life things to do then post negativity nonstop.

You could just add to your original post. Everyone here has valid opinions.

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 616
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Honestly ... teamwork.
    One person buys Phantom ... and types PHANTOM IS UP into the chat. Then whenever it's up they spam it once, twice ...
    When it's NOT up, the team should look out for one another, and try to be in the ring together.
    I've noticed MOST Odin's when faced with a team coordinating on Phantom do NOT go the CDR path, which sacrifices alot of either defense or power. Just my observation.

Senior Member Chosen
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by xcase19zero View Post
    Ignore User damienmc90. He trolls every one of my post. Get a life. It is worse than Smite. At least you never have to play with them again and can block/ report them after on Smite. You would think people have real life things to do then post negativity nonstop.

You could just add to your original post. Everyone here has valid opinions.
    Due to honestly not knowing what you are referencing I have taken the liberty to go through and look at all your posts. I haven't even responded to half of them, half of the responses that I did make simply not being in agreement with you. You seem to take any disagreement to be personal harassment, though that isn't the case. The OP asked for something specific, some people have attempted to answer that question. A few posts(yours included) ignored the original question and instead addressed ways to combat Odin. Ultimately the OP wanted to know what to do when not being a god with a leap or jump after getting stuck in Odin's cage. My personal response was to use flickering ritual, as any god can use it and it is an easy escape. However with rituals being removed, gods with built in phantom and Chronos for whatever you want to call his ult were the only things I can really think of for countering the cage without leaps or teleports. Fighting inside the cage is not a counter, that is just waiting for it to run its course and is the same thing as saying "you are trapped, just gotta make do with what you've got".

Achievements:
    User damienmc90- Lol half. On my post, here, other people's post. Nonstop negativity. You can lie it up all you want to make yourself look good. Other users can go through the threads though my user or yours to see for themselves. Dissagreement is called criticism. I have lots of criticism and have no issue with it. I have an issue with harassment which is what people call constant criticism. It is best to ignore user daminmc90. His interest is not civil discussion.

This is off topic. I have nothing more to say to say to you. Don't reply to my post or threads. Users can see for themselves on the matter.

Senior Member Chosen JustRun175's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 232
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by xcase19zero View Post
    User damienmc90- Lol half. On my post, here, other people's post. Nonstop negativity. You can lie it up all you want to make yourself look good. Other users can go through the threads though my user or yours to see for themselves. Dissagreement is called criticism. I have lots of criticism and have no issue with it. I have an issue with harassment which is what people call constant criticism. It is best to ignore user daminmc90. His interest is not civil discussion.

This is off topic. I have nothing more to say to say to you. Don't reply to my post or threads. Users can see for themselves on the matter.
    lol u guys need to stop ur quarrell before a mod closes this thread.

Achievements:
    User Justrun175- I already said I have nothing more to say on the matter. Every user does not have to repeat it. Seriously. I wouldn't be surprised if Justrun175 and damienmc90 were 8 year olds in real life.

I am going to try to get this thread back on topic. Odin may seem all powerful, but his power only comes from his leap. The ring is only to support. Know how and when the enemy leaps then dodge. They will have no power. The other gods are the real threat after that. I can only help counter Odin's ring. Another suggestion would be to let Odin capture the gaurdian or the one with the leap. Keep in mind ult has high cooldown. If he wastes his the entire time. He will never even use on you. If you are high level mid game. You should be able to kill them with any god even in the ring.

Senior Member Honoured LittlePebble02's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 791
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 1 year registered
    You get phantom and pray he somehow misses the ult.