Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is Thor the strongest character in Smite when it comes to weightlifting ?

Senior Member Honoured RandomToon's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 479
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Well, Hercules did hold the whole of the sky up for Atlas for a while there so...
    I am going to go a different direction though. Vamana - he is an incarnation of Vishnu, and he grew to the size that eclipsed the entire sky, and was able to cross the whole planet and the underworld in a single step. The weight of his limbs is probably greater than a mountain at that point and he was able to move them around pretty easily. He probably had more mass than the entire planet there...
    Remember The Manticore

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    Getting ready to walk down the aisle to the tune of 'Hellmarch'
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 694
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomToon View Post
    Vision was merely considered "worthy". Captain America kind of sort of moved it a little bit and he is less strong than Hulk, who was completely pinned by it. Vision moved it not through main strength, but because of his exceptional spirit.

That, or he is a machine and as such is not bound by the lifting rules (otherwise the SHIELD helicarrier would have been grounded by it when it fell to the floor there...the rules are kind of weird...Marvel movies are great fun but let's not seek to analyze them any further...)
    Comic wise quite a few have lifted mjolnir, the enchantment effectively says if they are worthy they can wield mjolnir and the power of Thor. Captain America has fully wielded mjolnir, as has Storm, Beta Ray Bill, most recently Jane Foster and I think a good version of Loki. There are some others but the point is to wield mjolnir you have to be worthy, Vision was deemed worthy as his first impulse after awaking was to protect Earth and its people, Hulk wasn't because his impulse is largely smash
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

Senior Member Prestigious Nalessa's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 709
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Mjolnir is as heavy as any regular warhammer, it's the enchantment that prevents the unworthy from lifting it.

I know Ravana supposedly has some real strength, and I wouldn't be surprised if SWK is the same, that dude has so many tales about him doing just stupidly strong things.
    Tastes like purple.
    Drommels, drommels, drommels!

Senior Member Honoured lextragon's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Conversation Starter Full Profile! 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Do we know that he can't?
    Being able to punch doesn't mean you're capable of lifting heavy objects. Connor Mcgregor can knock the f out of you, but would you consider him a weight lifter ?

Senior Member Honoured Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 805
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Conversation Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomToon View Post
    Well, Hercules did hold the whole of the sky up for Atlas for a while there so...
    I am going to go a different direction though. Vamana - he is an incarnation of Vishnu, and he grew to the size that eclipsed the entire sky, and was able to cross the whole planet and the underworld in a single step. The weight of his limbs is probably greater than a mountain at that point and he was able to move them around pretty easily. He probably had more mass than the entire planet there...
    to lift that kind of limb means he must have tons of power so i think vamana wins

Quote Originally Posted by lextragon View Post
    Being able to punch doesn't mean you're capable of lifting heavy objects. Connor Mcgregor can knock the f out of you, but would you consider him a weight lifter ?
    or he can punch a mountain into dust and pick up the dust if that counts

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 821
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    guys, what the hell are you talking about? what marvel universe? that Thor have nothing with this Thor, Smite Thor is the Thor from mythology.

and no, Thor was only one who in Asgard who lifted Mjolnir(before his son Magni was born), but even Thor lifted it with magical belt, that makes anyone who wear it twice stronger...
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    Quote Originally Posted by *name deleted after moderator request* View Post
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 197
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by BakaCircle9 View Post
    and no, Thor was only one who in Asgard who lifted Mjolnir(before his son Magni was born), but even Thor lifted it with magical belt, that makes anyone who wear it twice stronger...
    But could he punch a mountain into dust?

(Though I agree about Marvel Thor =/= Actual Norse God Thor. Otherwise I'd be like "Well, Supreme Commander Thor could just pick up Mjolnir easy because it's actually the name of his spaceship in SG1")
    Preferred Gods:
    Amaterasu, Aphrodite, Ares, Awilix, BAEllona, Hel, Jing Wei, Nemesis, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Prestigious Nalessa's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 709
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Didn't supposedly odin made the earth out of ymirs flesh, ocean out of his blood, etc etc ...

So that would prob make ymir the strongest, as just his flesh would weigh as much as the earth alone, so just being himself means he has to be able to lift all that just to move around casually.

Ymir also stole mjolnir, so lifting it would be no problem either for him.
    Tastes like purple.
    Drommels, drommels, drommels!

Senior Member Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 530
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Quote Originally Posted by BakaCircle9 View Post
    guys, what the hell are you talking about? what marvel universe? that Thor have nothing with this Thor, Smite Thor is the Thor from mythology.
    We're talking about whether the "only the worthy may lift it" BS and whether it's actually from mythology. I can find no sources saying it is.

Currently searching high and low for Jormungandr so he can finally join Smite.
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 501
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Well considering how Thor managed to lift up Jormungandr disguised as a kitty cat, albeit only one of his feet i'd say yes. Or at least in terms of regular gods, none of that creation deity stuff.
    People actually look at signatures these days? Alright.

Welcome to the lair of a mad British scalie. A pleasure to make thou's acquaintance!

My most wished for Deities in Smite: There are literally too many to list without hitting a character limit so blame Kaios-0 for being a good buddy and teaching me about so many reptilian gods. He's too good of a husbando to me ;w;