Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What am I supposed to do?

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 487
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Party Person Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points

What am I supposed to do?

Okay so I just watched Up, and now I'm a giant pile of tears. Firstly, I'd like to say that Pixar hit their peak with that film, it was fucking amazing.

Secondly, it made me so aware of how much of a failure I am. My birthday is in about 21 days and I'll be 16, and I've gone through so much of my life and I still don't know what to do. There are kids younger than me who have their whole life set up for them, they know exactly what they want to do and they just do it. I started off at school successfulish and I got good grades. Then, something happened. I started just not doing work and I didn't care and my grades dropped down. Now in year/grade 10, I feel that I'm a lost cause and that if I don't make it, I'm screwed for the rest of my life.

I don't know what I want to do now. I know about 5 years ago I was saying "I want to do __ blah blah" and all adults would say "You don't have to make that decision right now". I'd always calm down but I know that I need to decide now or very very soon.

I seriously am lost with life and I don't know what I have to do. I'll take any bit of advice that can help me in any way.
    IGN in Smite is SamurottsFury. Friend me if you want cancer.
    I identify as Piplup's sassiness; Don't ask questions
    My Concepts

Forum Discord Owner Infamous Azilo's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,366
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    It's okay Inferno. I'm 21 and I'm still in highschool that, with a little back bone on my end, will be completed this year.

You're 16, don't worry about it. Just look at the personal things you can fix and work towards that.
    NOODLE FREEDOM FIGHTER!
    Also the potato queen

And Dragon princess
    Miyo is love. Miyo is MiyoBatman. Test.

Senior Member Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 384
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    As a 17-year-old, just chillax, brotha. You have your whole life ahead of you to make these decisions. You gotta plan ahead, but you don't need to make up your mind about everything right now. You're not even in college yet (unless that's different in Australia than over here in Hell I mean the US). You have plenty of time to decide on what career path you want and set yourself up for it.

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I'm 33, for reference. I was always paralyzed with fears of not making it to college after high school (a big deal for my family). Then, when I got into college, I was paralyzed with fears of not getting a job when I graduated. Then, when I graduated and got a job, I walked into work every day with the fear that people would realize I'm just a fraud who has no clue what he's doing. But after awhile, I realized most of my colleagues were in similar boats - all of us worried about proving our worth over and over again in societal systems that frequently value results over effort. And I realized all that worrying I did, for years, didn't help me one iota. So I've worked to avoid what I think of as unfocused worrying - that vague, general worrying about things too vast in scope to control - and I've been much happier for it. And still going strong at my job. And all of those people you see with all the ready plans for the future? That's fine, there's nothing wrong with having set goals and direction, but not one person I knew back in high school or college is living the life they thought they'd be living. Life comes up with new problems, new friends, new opportunities all the time. My only advice would be that, even when you're feeling unfocused and directionless, leave yourself open to the world around you. Stay engaged, with people, with school, appreciate the little moments and triumphs, and eventually, if you keep your eyes and heart open, you'll have your "Aha" moment.
    PS4 Player
    Favorites: Kumba, Xing Tian, Bastet, Medusa, Skadi, Anubis, Chang'e

I am not a robot. I selected ALL the images with a storefront and ONLY the images with a storefront.

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 522
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Don't worry, everything will work out. I'm 17, I want to be a doctor but my grades aren't that great, though I don't study so much, but I don't worry too much because I know everything will work out and that somehow I will become a doctor, but if I didn't knew what to do I wouldn't worry either, I would keep studying, I would see what I like the most and I would choose something to do. You are still young, you can see people studying with 40 years or even more, so you have a lot of time and you don't have to choose now, but it would be better that you did.
    Favorite gods: Nemesis, Ne Zha, Janus, Apollo, Cabrakan, Freya, Chaac

Retired Super Moderator Demigod Goobis's Avatar
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 1,509
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    As an 18-year old we seem to be in a same predicament.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    Anubis is my Husband, don't question it, just leave us in the dumpster.

Senior Member Prestigious BobKetchup's Avatar
    In a Heinz Ketchup Bottle crying because I realized I misspelled ketchup in my location for 6 months
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 196
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Party Person
    I'm 14 and I do online school because public school nearly drove me to suicide and I don't know why, I switched a few months after I turned 14 and I feel the exact same way.
    Half of what I say is a joke.
    http://niceme.me/
    Survivor Ullr is Billy Mays
    My Top Warriors: Bellona Ravana Amaterasu
    My Top Assassins: Fenrir Thor Mercury
    My Top 3 Guardians: Ares Xing Tian Sobek
    My Top 3 Mages: Hades Sol Zeus
    My Top 3 Hunters: Ullr Hou Yi Medusa

Forum Moderator Chosen Slaycrol's Avatar
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 460
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! First Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Nothing is fully set, especially not when you are this young
    Im 18 now, and pretty much in the same position. Sometimes not knowing what to do is normal and natural, yer not alone with that dude. There are millions that feel the same way
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

When life gives you lemons......complain about the lemons!
    Your Daily Kappacino, Trollbuilder for fun, furry (literally too) and Salt-Injecter
    Greetings, at your service~

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 785
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points
    im 21, gonna get my diploma from this fancy engineering college next year with my well paying job ready thanks to my good internship, which was what i always wanted. and you know what i think? i HATE it.

i hate every second of those classes i go to. hate all my lecturers, most of my classmates too. leaving the campus feels like freedom. even worse was when i was doing the modern slavery in that fancy company for a piece of paper that i needed to graduate and get a job that i'll most likely hate as well. and THIS is what i wanted.

only reason im not shooting myself in the head is that i actually found my true calling which i'll study in college after i get that diploma(i'd love to switch now but cant cus of some laws and shit), which is language studies. in my country that field is very deep into history politics and literature as well, which i love.

if i wasnt so dead set on going to engineering, i would be in that field i want now and i would be a lot happier than i am. having plans at early age only narrows your vision for your future. dont get me wrong, but you are just a kid. dont narrow your vision for your future by making plans that early in your life. if you really want to do something for your future, discover your true passion.

never forget that passion=/=interests as well. i joined this college cus computers and tech stuff always caught my interest(they still do), but it took me an entrance to a few engineering maths lecture to say "fuck all this shit". to find what you truly like, go and actually try doing it. only then you'll find your calling.
    You may think all gods have huge amounts of courage, but only xbalanque has the balls to use them as weapons.

Hail 9 headed kkk so he can make Machu Pichu great again!

0.3 instead of 30% again.
    dont skip school kids.

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 319
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    I think you may not realise, but actually most people your age have no idea what they want to do. Most who say they want to do this and that have actually no clue and are just trying to cover that fact up. I was the exact same. Only recently did I decide on what career I want to pursue (I am 20 now).

I mean most of my friends went off to university to study a random ass subject that they didn't even know whether it would benefit their future career path or not - (something which i would greatly advise against).

You're so young! You shouldn't feel as though the moment you turn 18 you have to go off and start your career path. You have so much time ahead of you to figure it out. Honestly focus more on discovering yourself as a person than what career to choose. Focus on what activities you enjoy the most. I've noticed you posting in the god and skin concept section, so I'm guessing like myself you are a creative soul. Figure out what creative processes and outlets you enjoy the most, and everything will come to you I promise.

And just realise that you don't need to have the perfect job with the perfect salary to find true happiness. I mean I know many people who just work in coffee shops that love their lives and their work.

Now here's a compilation of inspirational images: