Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cernunnos's Bramble Blast needs an immediate nerf.

Senior Member Honoured Sasquatchias's Avatar
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 886
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points Veteran

Cernunnos's Bramble Blast needs an immediate nerf.

Disregarding other aspects of his kit, I find that Bramble Blast is a broken as hell ability currently that makes Cernunnos completely unfun to play against and punishes almost any other character just because he threw the ability in their general direction.

Him rooting someone upon a direct hit is completely fair in my opinion - it is a skill shot that can be juked due to it's average hitbox and additionally can be bodyblocked by minions - but what I find bullshit is the constant detonation even if Cernunnos doesn't hit anything along with it dealing pretty much the full damage on said detonation.

What this means to me as Cernunnos's opponent is that I have little to no way to actually maneuver against said ability because I'll just get hit anyway - even if I juke to the left or right of it the detonation will still hit me for full damage due to it's instant and large AoE blast, and even if I'm not rooted I'll still take maybe two-three ticks of the area damage over time.

I think this ability should be changed accordingly to either match Medusa's Acid Spray or a heavy nerf to the detonation damage - either the ability shouldn't hit that hard for the ease of which of Cernunnos can land it, or it should keep said damage at the cost of it being required to actually hit something for both the Root and close to maximum damage potential.

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 921
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatchias View Post
    Disregarding other aspects of his kit, I find that Bramble Blast is a broken as hell ability currently that makes Cernunnos completely unfun to play against and punishes almost any other character just because he threw the ability in their general direction.

Him rooting someone upon a direct hit is completely fair in my opinion - it is a skill shot that can be juked due to it's average hitbox and additionally can be bodyblocked by minions - but what I find bullshit is the constant detonation even if Cernunnos doesn't hit anything along with it dealing pretty much the full damage on said detonation.

What this means to me as Cernunnos's opponent is that I have little to no way to actually maneuver against said ability because I'll just get hit anyway - even if I juke to the left or right of it the detonation will still hit me for full damage due to it's instant and large AoE blast, and even if I'm not rooted I'll still take maybe two-three ticks of the area damage over time.

I think this ability should be changed accordingly to either match Medusa's Acid Spray or a heavy nerf to the detonation damage - either the ability shouldn't hit that hard for the ease of which of Cernunnos can land it, or it should keep said damage at the cost of it being required to actually hit something for both the Root and close to maximum damage potential.
    It's not that broken if you think about it. Neith's one is far more op with her weaves and people complain about it less now because he is new and deemed op? Yes, he is op, but surely not because of his 2, it's ONLY because of his 1's lategame benefits (early to mid they are next to useless, unless they are either leveled first and his AA doesn't hit as hard/fast as lategame).

People are blowing out hot air as always on a new god released. Surely he is not balanced, his 1's benefits lategame must be toned down, mainly the lifesteal and summer heat, the slow and prot shred stances are not that horrible to deal with, but they make his job easier and all of them have to be toned down.

His 2 is fine, leave it alone. His one, on the other hand, is op. His 3 and 4 are fine, too, leave them as they are for now.

The community will surely want him nerfed to hell because of how frustrating and op he is but he is only op because of his 1 yet people want to nerf nearly everything without a clue that he would be killed as a god instantly if everything he has is nerfed. Not to mention his passive sucks since you mainly fight from range, and it could only be really used in the jungle. Pity, I wanted to main him and he is already freaking doomed to players overreacting even about things like his freaking 3! His 3 and passive are BALANCED, so everyone shut up if you think otherwise, you piss me off with your whining about balanced skills (Saying that to everyone here and in Reddit that think his 3 and passive are op).......
    Last edited by Drakonasx; 03-15-2017 at 06:52 AM.
    Maining Cernunnos. <3 him so much.

"Let the hunt begin, again."

"I play gods because I want to play them. Telling me otherwise is a waste of time."

Welcome Season 4 with all of its freshness!

Quote Originally Posted by ErkMcGurk View Post
    You can do well with any god and any build.

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    I do have to play him more, but I noticed no one got rooted if they were caught in the AoE; as in it didn't hit them directly upon explosion.
    NOODLE FREEDOM FIGHTER!
    Also the potato queen

And Dragon princess
    Miyo is love. Miyo is MiyoBatman. Test.

*Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    im only aware about his own slow+poisoned star+frostbound together... this shit can be realy broken.
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    Quote Originally Posted by *name deleted after moderator request* View Post
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakonasx View Post
    It's not that broken if you think about it. Neith's one is far more op with her weaves and people complain about it less now because he is new and deemed op? Yes, he is op, but surely not because of his 2, it's ONLY because of his 1's lategame benefits (early to mid they are next to useless, unless they are either leveled first and his AA doesn't hit as hard/fast as lategame).

People are blowing out hot air as always on a new god released. Surely he is not balanced, his 1's benefits lategame must be toned down, mainly the lifesteal and summer heat, the slow and prot shred stances are not that horrible to deal with, but they make his job easier and all of them have to be toned down.

His 2 is fine, leave it alone. His one, on the other hand, is op. His 3 and 4 are fine, too, leave them as they are for now.

The community will surely want him nerfed to hell because of how frustrating and op he is but he is only op because of his 1 yet people want to nerf nearly everything without a clue that he would be killed as a god instantly if everything he has is nerfed. Not to mention his passive sucks since you mainly fight from range, and it could only be really used in the jungle. Pity, I wanted to main him and he is already freaking doomed to players overreacting even about things like his freaking 3! His 3 and passive are BALANCED, so everyone shut up if you think otherwise, you piss me off with your whining about balanced skills (Saying that to everyone here and in Reddit that think his 3 and passive are op).......
    The difference between Neith's Weaves + Root combo compared to Cernunnos's Bramble Blast are very large, and at the very least Neith's Weaves can be straight up avoided easily - you can easily clear wave or fight a good distance away from practically any Weave she sets up, staying out of the AoE distance which allows you to then have the room to juke the Spirit Arrow itself.

With Cernunnos you don't have that luxury unless you're practically hugging him as any further will still leave you in the detonation range even if you sidestep the actual shot, meaning it is practically unavoidable (in my view).

I think for the most part Cernunnos's kit is fair and balanced (his dash is nothing to brag about and his ultimate being game changing is off-set by it's large wind up time before it goes off) aside from as you said the Lifesteal and Power stances for his 1st ability, but Bramble Blast I feel is one of the abilities most in need of an adjustment with both how good and ridiculously easy it is to land.

After that I'd say maybe nerf the Lifesteal and Power stances, but don't touch anything else for a while to see how it all goes.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Azilo View Post
    I do have to play him more, but I noticed no one got rooted if they were caught in the AoE; as in it didn't hit them directly upon explosion.
    The Root only applies to the person hit directly by the projectile, but the detonation damage hits everyone in the AoE equally.

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 921
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatchias View Post
    The difference between Neith's Weaves + Root combo compared to Cernunnos's Bramble Blast are very large, and at the very least Neith's Weaves can be straight up avoided easily - you can easily clear wave or fight a good distance away from practically any Weave she sets up, staying out of the AoE distance which allows you to then have the room to juke the Spirit Arrow itself.

With Cernunnos you don't have that luxury unless you're practically hugging him as any further will still leave you in the detonation range even if you sidestep the actual shot, meaning it is practically unavoidable (in my view).

I think for the most part Cernunnos's kit is fair and balanced (his dash is nothing to brag about and his ultimate being game changing is off-set by it's large wind up time before it goes off) aside from as you said the Lifesteal and Power stances for his 1st ability, but Bramble Blast I feel is one of the abilities most in need of an adjustment with both how good and ridiculously easy it is to land.

After that I'd say maybe nerf the Lifesteal and Power stances, but don't touch anything else for a while to see how it all goes.
    Indeed, we have to wait. The only nerfs i think he needs is to his 1's lifesteal and damage boost stances. His 2 is in questionable balance condition, hope Hirez doesn't screw him up because he is so fragile in terms of his kit's balance.
    Maining Cernunnos. <3 him so much.

"Let the hunt begin, again."

"I play gods because I want to play them. Telling me otherwise is a waste of time."

Welcome Season 4 with all of its freshness!

Quote Originally Posted by ErkMcGurk View Post
    You can do well with any god and any build.

Senior Member Prestigious Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by BakaCircle9 View Post
    im only aware about his own slow+poisoned star+frostbound together... this shit can be realy broken.
    Didn't they nerf Poisoned Star even more so that it cannot stack with other slows? Horrible change btw, now the item is total shit.
    Poseidon is new daddy. I'm playing a plethora of gods, but for now I've fallen in love with Nemesis again.

Don't listen to me unless on days when I drink coffee. I'm a retard when my brain isn't chugging.

God Concepts: Cernunnos

Ideas for: Nemesis

Junior Member Minion Jakxcombat's Avatar
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1 year registered
    While his 1 is stupid op for me, it's the fact his two both stuns and slows and damage over time all at once which to me seems like way to much for the ability to have. It's also stupid xbals one does basically the same bonus damage early but costs him mana, unlike Cerb who gets bonus damage that also has scaling in addition to three other perks.

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 484
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by BakaCircle9 View Post
    He doesnt even need Frostbount because of the slow in his buff.
    Out of all games ive ever played Tales of Symphonia teaches the biggest lesson in life without you realizing it.....until youre old enough to understand it.