Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fernando Ares for the win. How do you build Ares

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Perplexual's Avatar
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 404
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points

Fernando Ares for the win. How do you build Ares

Bought the paladins bundle and my 1st time on Ares with the Fernando skin went 1 4 26 granted the chac and Xing plus everyone on the enemy team were bad my questions is how do you build him to survive yet do damage.
    I went hide of u. Chronos p. That defense shoe. The staff that makes magic powers deal 5 percent of enemies health i am not good with guardians why i hardly play them but wanting to learn how to be better since it's a cool skin
    I state what i want to see. I could give two rats @ss what strangers on the net think. If i want your advice or opinion i'll ask or beat it out of you. I play to win.

Senior Member Honoured breakmyfutoffinu's Avatar
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 385
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    ok first thing about ares... his passive.
    ares gets 30 magical power from every aura item he has.

my conquest build atm is travelers boots extra gold is always a win, sell them later for which ever u want cdr or pen boots.

hide of urchin, sovereignity, heartward amulet, gauntlet of thebes, and void stone.

4 auras extra 120 magical power. lots of tank.

now hide of urchin is optional, u could build breast plate of valor instead. for faster ultimates. how ever I would recommend building sovereignity and/or heartward first.

now in any other mode I build him stupid lol pen boits, mystical mail, gem of iso, BPoV, void stone and pythags piece.

Senior Member Honoured LittlePebble02's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 695
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Pen boots, gem of iso, brestplate of valor, void stone, hide of urchin, spirit robe. Do not let that passive fool you i cant count the times i saw a ares build 5 aura items and still hit like a leaf and melt like butter on a stove that passive is a trap as far as im concerned.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Sizz's Avatar
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Aura builds, support your team & the passive is great!

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 348
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Perplexual View Post
    Bought the paladins bundle and my 1st time on Ares with the Fernando skin went 1 4 26 granted the chac and Xing plus everyone on the enemy team were bad my questions is how do you build him to survive yet do damage.
    I went hide of u. Chronos p. That defense shoe. The staff that makes magic powers deal 5 percent of enemies health i am not good with guardians why i hardly play them but wanting to learn how to be better since it's a cool skin
    As support your looking at items like Sov, Heartwald, Thebes and Void Stone to synergise with your team and passive with something like a Breastplate of Valor thrown in for more survivability and CDR or Pestilence to stifle sustain comps. He will get alot of power via his passive and the Void Stone stats/effects but really it's about hitting those triple chains and multiple pulling with his ult (blink helps with this) so your team mates can burst your targets.

If your wanting more power then Pythags Piece can provide that, benefits whole team, adds to his passive and has CDR to boot! Another option is Divine Ruin to shut down sustain and has a bit of penetration too. Just remember he's horrible if your teams behind but monstrous if ahead so build appropriately around the comps your with and against.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Perplexual's Avatar
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 404
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Pythags piece i build 2nd after hide as it has cooldown passive is the best. I try to go chronos p. 3rd to get powers back faster with it's passive. Eternal staff i was looking at as the flamethrower would work well with it.
    Still working on a build that works for me but some ideas from the post have helped
    I state what i want to see. I could give two rats @ss what strangers on the net think. If i want your advice or opinion i'll ask or beat it out of you. I play to win.

Senior Member Chosen ShinigamiXzero's Avatar
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 409
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Depends on the enemy team and match type but it usually a good idea to build sovereignty and heartward. They are very helpful to the team and allow you to stay in the fights longer. If you want to use your ultimate a lot then take a cdr item with some type of defense on it over chronos pendant. BoV gives alot of CDR but if the enemy team is mostly magical don't take it. If you go mostly defense 4-5 so you can live and engage you probably will do more damage then a heavy damage build since No Escape also leaves you pretty wide open.

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 465
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class 1 year registered
    Plenty of ways to build Ares, just not like the garbage Ares in my last game who couldn't land anything and built cdr boots, BoV, hide of nemean lion, stone of gaia, rod of tahuti for some reason and looked like finishing with spirit robe or mantle. Guy was literally one of the worst players I've seen in quite some time.
    Smite is like a toolbox, there are many means to achieve your goals, plus its full of tools

Senior Member Chosen RonanTheGreat's Avatar
    "I have trodden the path of sanctity, and all that happened was I lost a shoe"
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 749
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Depends on what you need to do. My general build is cdr boots, hide of urchin, spear of magus, Breastplate of Valour, void stone, gem of iso. Enough health, defenses, damage and annoyance an Ares could want. For conquest you can go near full aura and maintain effectiveness, but as has been said, the passive can sound better than it is. Depending on enemy team, you can easily make a build with cdr or pen boots, Sov and heartward/pestilence, spirit robe, thebes gauntlet and mantle. You can trade various bits out for void stone, emperors crown, witchblade and stay relevant.
    'Two guys walk into a bar, you'd think the second guy would have ducked'
    YOU ARE OWED NOTHING

Senior Member Chosen GameVeteranAzure's Avatar
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 824
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    I actually don't have any aura items on my Ares build and he still does decent damage.

Shoes of Focus
    Breastplate of Valor
    Genji's Guard
    Hide of the Urchin
    Mantle of Discord
    Ethereal Staff
    (Run blink and shells for extra annoyance and protections)
    Yeah...Right...Sure...And I'm The King of England!
    If it works in your favor, don't question it.
    Sacrifices had to be made.
    He who knows nothing, doubts nothing.
    Xbox GT: AlchemistAzure
    Smite IGN: MordridtheBlack