Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cards that really suck

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 267
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points Full Profile!

Three Cards

I haven't been playing for very long but i have been playing a lot. And I think I've found three kinds of cards that suck the fun out of the game.

1. Cards that continuously gain attack/health without doing anything. These Cards are massive pains in the ass, as soon as you see one come out its just a rush to kill it before it turns into a total monster. Fenrir is the king of this. He only costs four mana and gets two of each stat a round? spawn him in a corner and leave him there for a round or two and suddenly you have a nigh un-killable monster. The Chinese have a card that give damage gain to any card. and another, White Tiger that gains health every turn. Now i dont think they're bad cards, I just think they should have to perform some action to get the attack/health. Not just sit back on their asses and become monsters.

2. Insta kill cards, Yeah I get it, these are the counters for the monsters above. And if that were the case it would be great, but neither the Norse nor Greek pantheons have these. While the Egyptian pantheon has two, Executioner and Last breath. Serqets afterlife ability does this as well. While the Chinese has both attack/health gain monsters, and cards that can simply send those monsters right back to your deck. Shouldn't there be some balance? pantheons that dont have the attack/health gain monsters get insta kill, while those that have the monsters dont?

3. Cards that return a dealt card to the owners hand, no matter what. Does your entire defense rest on your Athena that you poured 10 extra mana into buffing? well too bad. because with my cheap recall card, or hebo, I can send your whole defense crashing down around you for almost nothing. Forget those buffs, they're gone too. Only the Chinese have cards like this, and I think its kinda ridiculous. Either they need to cost more or have a limit on what can be sent back.

Thanks for reading my little rant. I understand the game is in alpha, so i don't expect everything to be perfect. That's what feedback is for right? overall I've actually been enjoying this game.
    Last edited by jfhjkr; 03-13-2017 at 08:37 PM.

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    From someone that has played a while now, I agree with you.

Point 1 and 2 feeds each other. You need to bring removal cards just to counter the possibility of your opponent playing a strong minion, some other examples that you need to remove that doesn't get health each turn are Medusa, Fire Giant, Skadi etc. So it's not limited to the "growth" (old keyword for what you described) - mechanic.

At point 3 you bring up something valid as well - you can't buff your minions and gods - EXCEPT Nike. The reason for this is that it's just too easy for your opponent to remove that for less mana than you spend buffing.

It's an issue that I hope is adressed as the game develops.

Junior Member Senior Minion
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 452
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 3 months registered
    I agree to 3. Buffs in this game are useless, because of Phantom grasp, cc, and execute. I don't agree to 1 anymore, because i only play aggro and a fenrir in the corner just loses me every game, you lose your fourth round and the 4th round is extremely important as you want to win r5. So a fenrir suxx here. For Chinese, this is different. They play defensive, so the 4/4 that grows is extremely strong. Your point 2 is not op anymore as 5 mana for removal is totally fair and only for Egypt.

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 500 Experience Points 3 months registered
    1. Agree on the Chinese minions, on the other hand I find Fenrir useless on Norse Rush/OTK (which is the only viable north).

2. As long as only one Pantheon gets removal cards I think they are fine. 5 mana is good balance. And Last Breath isnt even that good.

3. This is your problem... Don't focus on buffing certain god if you know the enemy has the potential to steal/kill/remove...

I find your 2 and 3 problems that happen because you are not carefull/ don't know all of the cards/pantheons...

Junior Member Senior Minion MFAMjolnir's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 250 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1989 View Post
    1. Agree on the Chinese minions, on the other hand I find Fenrir useless on Norse Rush/OTK (which is the only viable north).
    Is that why the winner of the tournament this week had a Fenrir in his deck?

A lot of the issues you bring up are mechanics already existing in hearthstone and magic: the gathering. These mechanics are used to drive the "thinking outside the box" mentality. No matter what you do to the game, there will always be a "best" setup for any deck.

Based on what you guys are saying it sounds as if you would like every deck to simply be value creatures bashing each other in the face until one person loses.
    Never surrender! (Instagram)

Junior Member Senior Minion Talbacca's Avatar
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by MFAMjolnir View Post
    Based on what you guys are saying it sounds as if you would like every deck to simply be value creatures bashing each other in the face until one person loses.
    ^^^^ this lmfao

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Talbacca View Post
    ^^^^ this lmfao
    If you agree with someone there is no need to add "lmfao" at the end, keep discussion at good level please.

I think there is room for removal in the game, I'm not saying it should be only "value creatures bashing each other in the face until one person loses". There is a middle-ground. Right now the game is just about clearing everything your opponent plays - its a game of "who brought most removal." The fact that Smite Tactics is played on a 9x5 board as opposed to game like Hearthstone implies that there should be more movement and positioning. If there is nothing to move - why have the board?

Junior Member Senior Minion Talbacca's Avatar
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    There is plenty of movement and positioning. There is also plenty of removal. The game feels pretty good right now.

Also if some one says something that I find hilarious I will lmao all I want. There is nothing wrong with that.

Junior Member Senior Minion MFAMjolnir's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 250 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Nothing wrong with it at all, Talbacca. I'm not offended. I've always been a funny guy.

Cookiesich, I agree with you about the removal comment. I'm noticing that more and more as I play the CB5 version of the game.
    Never surrender! (Instagram)

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Talbacca View Post
    Also if some one says something that I find hilarious I will lmao all I want. There is nothing wrong with that.
    I think the comment by Mjolnir that you found hilarious also was unessecary as it was making fun of peoples opinions and trying to make them sound stupid and by doing so perhaps thwarts them from contributing to discussions in the future. That's what is wrong with that.