Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How good is Osiris?

New Member Cupidhead Imp-C-Bravo's Avatar
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    I don't understand why people say build osiris with attack speed. The faster he burns off his attacks the faster he loses his damage reduction. Wouldn't it be smarter to build him as a slow attacking high damager to allow him to do more damage while in spirit form longer?

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Imp-C-Bravo View Post
    I don't understand why people say build osiris with attack speed. The faster he burns off his attacks the faster he loses his damage reduction. Wouldn't it be smarter to build him as a slow attacking high damager to allow him to do more damage while in spirit form longer?
    Would you prefer they build no a.speed and lose the brawling phase after they pop every single ability they have and the enemy is still at 65% health because they still had to build defense?

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    If you don't build AS, you don't do sufficient damage. That's why.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 1,491
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    If you don't build Osiris as a hybrid and instead build him as a typical warrior, than his damage will be laughable and all he'll be good for in the lategame is his CC and Anti-Heal.

Damage Mitigation is nice, but being useful lategame is nicer.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Senior Member Prestigious LuxInterior's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,398
    Achievements:
    Party Person Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    Lol... that's hilarious... It's like saying: "you need to cut down on your damage because, if you kill them, you can't distract them".
    Learn Smite with tough love on my #SargeSeries
    Motörheads is recruiting! Sign up here

Senior Member Chosen RandomToon's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 687
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    Ah, I think see the problem here...

He deals way more damage with an AA build than an ability build. After his adjustment in which they are increasing his scaling you might have a point, but previous to this he just lost damage by going high power low AS, so he actually ended up taking more damage since people just kept on beating on him longer...

Now that the scaling on his abilities is adjusted it may be worth evaluating again but I suspect the results will be rather similar.
    Remember The Manticore

Senior Member Prestigious LuxInterior's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,398
    Achievements:
    Party Person Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomToon View Post
    Ah, I think see the problem here...

He deals way more damage with an AA build than an ability build. After his adjustment in which they are increasing his scaling you might have a point, but previous to this he just lost damage by going high power low AS, so he actually ended up taking more damage since people just kept on beating on him longer...

Now that the scaling on his abilities is adjusted it may be worth evaluating again but I suspect the results will be rather similar.
    There's another point: Osiris has spammy slows. He doesn't really need his passive to lash on people.
    Learn Smite with tough love on my #SargeSeries
    Motörheads is recruiting! Sign up here

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    His passive isn't about sticking to people... I mean I get it has a fatalis effect but they main point I the the OP was going for was its damage mitigation. 16% from physical attacks mitigated. I kinda see why they'd think slower and harder hitting would be better, if the damage output was the same. Like say you do 400damage per 5 seconds and I do 400 damage per 5 seconds, but yours was with fast attack like 10 in 5 secs and mine was slow like 6 attacks in 5 secs. Same damage, different amount of hits. If that were the case they'd be correct as it suits his passive better, unfortunately with quins that just isn't how things work.