Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How good is Osiris?

Senior Member Prestigious Nalessa's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 709
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Got alot better thanks to gladiators shield so he can actually keep up in solo again.
    Tastes like purple.
    Drommels, drommels, drommels!

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 560
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I like Osiris, he's just kinda tough to play when he's behind. But that's not really unique to Osiris I guess. But yeah you definitely build him for auto attack. Get ninja tabi and qin's psi for his offense, definitely want frostbound hammer. You will also want at least one physical defense and one magical defense, so like...hide of the nemean lion and bulwark of protection, or pestilence if they have a healer. There's another magical protection item that has an aura that increases attack speed of teammates, i haven't tried it yet but that might work on him. I think it's called Shogun's Kasari? Your last item can be situational...I used to build witch blade because it was physical defense plus attack speed PLUS a debuff aura. It's still good, especially if you're boxing hunters because it reduces their lifesteal, but it no longer has physical defense. If not witch blade you can get witch blade, ritual dagger, mantle of discord, maybe jotunn's or some other pen? The executioner is also a good choice if you want more offense.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Foxkid_8's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 439
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I've been building ninja, qin, spirit robe, executioner, frostbound, and struggling to decide between stone cutting and discord because I have a habit of really wanting to use lifesteal (asi, bloodforge, soul eater if it kept the 20% attack speed it used to give) on close range fighters, but at the same time its hard to make it work too well anyways since every game so far with him has been "pile on osiris!!" (especially bad when Arachne was on the other team and a Nox with Hades in a separate game making me miserable).

Quote Originally Posted by Nalessa View Post
    Got alot better thanks to gladiators shield so he can actually keep up in solo again.
    I wasn't 100% aware of this item. Is it abilities cast or auto cause I've only seen one for 2% per ability hit.
    Loki, hunters, and Artio are bull s***.

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    It's abilities per cast per god. So if your ability hits the same god more than once per use, counts as once. If your ability hits multiple gods per use, counts once per god.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Foxkid_8's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 439
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    That doesn't sound as useful then compared to the magic ring that heals 2% per basic then.
    Last edited by Foxkid_8; 03-13-2017 at 02:26 PM.
    Loki, hunters, and Artio are bull s***.

Senior Member Chosen
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 716
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Soul eater and that magic ring only heal on basic attacks on gods, gladiators shield working with abilities means it works for pokes but soul eater is only gonna really do anything when you are going in. Still, if you want a lifesteal item and you are building tanky I guess it is alright.(by tanky I mean defense and health, not just defense) besides, doesn't the shield heal 2 % health AND mana? Not that 2% mana is much on a warrior, but it does help you if you are poking while clearing wave.

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 1,491
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxkid_8 View Post
    That doesn't sound as useful then compared to the magic ring that heals 2% per basic then.
    Because they wanted to remove that last bit of offensive capability the item had to be viable and replaced it with some of the absolute worst stat distribution that has been on an item in this game since Bracer of Replenishment. Do not bother with Soul Eater, it is complete garbage.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Senior Member Prestigious Nalessa's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 709
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Glad shield is cheap and gives armor aswell along with power and cdr, and you can procc it from range with his low cd poke all the time, it allows him to sustain and fight really well early on.
    Tastes like purple.
    Drommels, drommels, drommels!

Senior Member Prestigious LuxInterior's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,398
    Achievements:
    Party Person Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    I think I have one thing or two to say about the subject. I play lots of warriors as basic attackers, even some that are not normally considered to be part of the group (crit Chaac, hilarious). So you may think of them in terms of the niche they're filling.

• Bellona is the ultimate anti-basic attacker, able to 1on1 any hunter, Chronos and Freya. That includes other warriors so watch out. She pays by being weak against regular mages, probably the weakest warrior for the job.
    • Vamana is a team killer, unstoppable save obstacles. But also a walking ultimate, with nothing to show for basic attacks outside of it; very vulnerable to antihealing. Hard to build too - going for basics don't leave much space for CDR, then, check back, walking ultimate.
    • Erlang Shen is a mess. Very shitty defenses, an assasssin's passive.
    • Ravana has his 5 seconds of glory but a great trick on the 2.

Now Osiris... Spammy 1 and 2 means you don't need no Fatalis or Frost - if you're bad at landing 1, go for it still. I prefer Fatalis to maximize attack speed and that extra movespeed doesn't hurt as well. You also have a free Fatalis on the passive - very hard to use, but you don't really need it with all those slows. The tether, however, is the main shtick: you debuff their damage immensely. Add in free Bacchus-level unpenetrable defenses from the passive, it means you can outbox hunters, like Bellona, but do the same to mages. The catch is... no sustain whatsoever.
    Last edited by LuxInterior; 03-14-2017 at 02:20 PM.
    Learn Smite with tough love on my #SargeSeries
    Motörheads is recruiting! Sign up here

Senior Member Chosen RandomToon's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 687
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    My .02 - Osiris is very good.

For lane matchups, I use him as a counter pick to some gods, primarily gods with heal on their ultimate - Vamana and Erlang Shen being the main recipients of this counter. He can counter the healing of Hercules and Tyr in a gank situation as well. I am not sure if his ult actually stops the healing on Sun Wu Kong - it might be worth testing it out. If your opponent wants to be fun and do something like a Terra or Loki solo, they are going to have a bad time too.

If you want to really excel with him, learn to use his tether...critical for being halfway decent with him.
    Remember The Manticore